Help! Medical Marijuana Options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raven
    My two cents on this. I am wondering if David might be in a way warning us of the consequences of being caught in possession of it. I believe there have been a couple of people(dis) who ended in jail for using it. It must be even harder to survive dis in prison. I wouldn't want to be there for any reason at all even if I were AB.

One thing I am wondering about is the possibility of addiction whether physical or mental might exist with the use of it. I have seen and worked with people who have become addicted to harder drugs. Their reasons might be reasonable or not but they have had lots of problems because of their usage. Many of them have stated that they began using Marijuana first. They later changed to the harder ones. They would attempt to detoxify from the hard drugs and found it so hard. Their problem had changed from a physical addiction to a mental addiction. Don't know if the use of MJ would form some form of addiction also. Anybody know anything about that?

Raven
    You are right. I was just trying to give a warning to anyone that might care to listen. It is a hard lesson to learn.
    I know what I've seen and done. Not impressed with how high a person gets.
    Everyone has a choice. I am not here to knock other people choices.
    Raven I do not think weed is addictive. I have met people that sure acted like it though. Lucky for me I have never had an addictive personally.
    So it is hard me for to understand it. I had a friend that thought he would die if he did not smoke weed. He failed lots of drug test.

Comment

Legalizing Marijuana Would Save Lives and Money

By Carl Hedberg
      Source: Union Leader

New Hampshire -- We have been fighting the war on marijuana for over three generations to no avail. Lives of our fellow citizens continue to be torn apart, not by the drug, but by Draconian laws that do nothing to stem supply or demand. How long must we stay the course on this social and fiscal abomination before we finally adopt a new approach?
      Consider just the social cost. In 2005, the United States reached an all-time high in marijuana arrests. The FBI reports that more than 780,000 people were nabbed -- a rate of one every four seconds.

Of those charged, approximately 88 percent -- just over 696,000 Americans -- were cited for possession. The others were charged with "sale or manufacture," a category that includes all cultivation offenses, including marijuana being grown for personal or medical use.

One might argue that this surge means we're making progress in the war. On the contrary, like the recent discovery of sophisticated hothouses in otherwise vacant luxury homes in New Hampshire, higher arrest rates point to a robust and growing underground economy. The only way to put a dent in this illicit marketplace is to alter the fundamental economics of the marijuana trade.

Before any real consensus on a new way forward can be reached, however, citizens would have to face the fact that marijuana has found a permanent place in the fabric of American culture, and as such, prohibition is a long-lost cause. In addition, we would need to put to rest a few age-old misconceptions about marijuana and the potential impact of more progressive policies.

more:
      http://cannabisnews.com/news/22/thread22711.shtml

Comment

Have you explored the edible site of ganja? There are many different dishes and drinks you can use instead of smoking it. There is one drink in particular that really kicks ass. It is called Bhang and it originates from India.
        Just google it and you shall find it.
        Good luck and keep on blazin my man.
        My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.

Comment

I have been continuing to look into vaporizers, as that seems like the most efficient and healthy option for merciful medical Mary Jane. Like I mentioned before, there are some pretty advanced vaporizers around now. It sounds like the best one currently available is the Herbalaire, which I found an informative review of on the other CC. That sounds like the ultimate method of communicating with sweet Mary Jane; and while it's half the price of the volcano, it's still out of my price range. So I'm looking for something cheaper and more discreet for my current situation. I came across a vaporizer that fit just that description. It's called the Vaporgenie, and it looks like a little wooden pipe.
          It has a ceramic flame filter that screws on to the bowl. You just fill the bowl with loose shredded herb, put the cap on, and use a lighter for heat. It is small enough to fit into your pocket, and it won't spill because the bowl is covered by the flame filter. It isn't high-tech like the Herbalaire, but it is nice and simple(and cheap). I know I sound like a commercial here, but I'm just kinda stoked that I found something affordable and discreet. I had looked at some of the really cheap glass tube type "vaporizers", but they looked like they would be a lot of trouble to use and probably wouldn't be too effective.
          De Omnibus Dubitandum

Comment

let us know how it works.
            cauda equina

Comment

That looks to be the BEST one I've seen MYCO. If you are going to use a vaporizer. Pretty ridiculous the prices they put on this crap. I just tried my first clear papers, 'Crystal'. Lady at the store sold me on them. No uneven burns, hunting for glue in the dark, lol. Purr-tee smooth, rather tateless also. And the REAL biggie, they don't tear when ya over fill them. Check with your local friendly salesperson, ask for the clear ones.
              BTW, like anything in life, if you don't have the spine for doin' time, stay at home. MJ ain't the gateway drug THAT is BS. MJ ain't addictive, THAT is BS. I've listened to people whine that they 'hung with a bad crowd' or I did it cause I was on drugs, BS, you did it because you DECIDED to. Nobody forced you. Drugs don't make fools, people do. Guns don't kill, people do. STAND UP LIKE A MAN and accept responsibility for your actions. Don't blame it on something else. I have YET to see someone od on it. I started in 1973, 5th grade. Started growing in 1975, 7th grade. Top of my class all through school, top 2% of the nation on college entrance exams, oh, and I fell asleep taking them, had to be woke up a few times, lol. So that 'your brain on drugs' is BS too. If you are gonna get 'addicted' it will happen with just about anything. Look at ALLL the fat folks that can't push their way away from the table. Slow, expeditious death.
              Get a sack and start living life AWAY from the pills that docs push on you. THEY are the REAL 'pushers'. I lived in TX for 9 yrs. I found the cops there didn't get all tore down about weed. UNLESS you had a bunch. Thousand things I could pull out the soapbox on in this thread, but I won't. I'll hush now.

https://www.facebook.com/john.baxter.1213986

Comment

If you are referring to me which I don't see anyone else posting about doing time. You don't know me. I did my time in a wheelchair years ago.
                You're the one whining about anyone that don't agree with you.
                Big deal you have been smoking since you was a 5th grader. You should impress a whole lot of folks. I graduated from college after prison with a BBA. Big deal.
                I'm not belittling anyone like a raving maniac. All you can do is post opinions which are your beliefs that don't make them true.
                We have that right.
                MY friends know that I don't care what they do to relieve their pain or whatever. i just don 't care to have it around me.
                I truly did know a para that got shock probation which is 180 days in prison for growing weed. Its kind of like scared straight. He was a student at A&M he did his time in the summer and got out in time to go back for fall semester.

Thanks and enjoy your smoke

David
                Last edited by reedyd; 26 Mar 2007, 8:05 PM.

Comment

I hear ya Cap.

Sit up like a man.

Originally posted by CapnGimp
                  That looks to be the BEST one I've seen MYCO. If you are going to use a vaporizer. Pretty ridiculous the prices they put on this crap. I just tried my first clear papers, 'Crystal'. Lady at the store sold me on them. No uneven burns, hunting for glue in the dark, lol. Purr-tee smooth, rather tateless also. And the REAL biggie, they don't tear when ya over fill them. Check with your local friendly salesperson, ask for the clear ones.
                  BTW, like anything in life, if you don't have the spine for doin' time, stay at home. MJ ain't the gateway drug THAT is BS. MJ ain't addictive, THAT is BS. I've listened to people whine that they 'hung with a bad crowd' or I did it cause I was on drugs, BS, you did it because you DECIDED to. Nobody forced you. Drugs don't make fools, people do. Guns don't kill, people do. STAND UP LIKE A MAN and accept responsibility for your actions. Don't blame it on something else. I have YET to see someone od on it. I started in 1973, 5th grade. Started growing in 1975, 7th grade. Top of my class all through school, top 2% of the nation on college entrance exams, oh, and I fell asleep taking them, had to be woke up a few times, lol. So that 'your brain on drugs' is BS too. If you are gonna get 'addicted' it will happen with just about anything. Look at ALLL the fat folks that can't push their way away from the table. Slow, expeditious death.
                  Get a sack and start living life AWAY from the pills that docs push on you. THEY are the REAL 'pushers'. I lived in TX for 9 yrs. I found the cops there didn't get all tore down about weed. UNLESS you had a bunch. Thousand things I could pull out the soapbox on in this thread, but I won't. I'll hush now.

Comment

MJ ain't the gateway drug THAT is BS. MJ ain't addictive, THAT is BS. I've listened to people whine that they 'hung with a bad crowd' or I did it cause I was on drugs, BS, you did it because you DECIDED to. Nobody forced you. Drugs don't make fools, people do. Guns don't kill, people do. STAND UP LIKE A MAN and accept responsibility for your actions. Don't blame it on something else. I have YET to see someone od on it. <snip>
                    So that 'your brain on drugs' is BS too. If you are gonna get 'addicted' it will happen with just about anything. Look at ALLL the fat folks that can't push their way away from the table. Slow, expeditious death.
                    Get a sack and start living life AWAY from the pills that docs push on you. THEY are the REAL 'pushers'. .
                    Well put Cap'n, can't argue that.
                    get busy living or get busy dying

Comment

capn.........word

Comment

That looks to be the BEST one I've seen MYCO. If you are going to use a vaporizer. Pretty ridiculous the prices they put on this crap.
                        Well like I said, I think the Herbalaire looks like the BEST vaporizer currently available. Here are some quotes from the review I posted a link to, which compares it to the Volcano:

"What I was hoping for out of this product was that it put into the bag either what the Volcano does or more. And the Herbal Aire definatly puts much more Active Cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavinoids into the bag making the vapor much more smooth and flavourfull."

"
                        The Herbal Aire company claims that the Eighteen Tiny Jets are much more efficient at combusting the tricombs and recomend putting full buds into the unit with no need to cut or grind the herb. The heat and force of air will totally vaporize any full bud on the first 2 bags. The Volcano recommends grinding up your herbs first to compensate for it's air jet."

"
                        The temperature dial on the Herbal Aire is far more accurate than the Volcano, adding the feature of a 200-400 degree display as oppossed to a 1-10 number dial.

The Herbal Aire even has a Learning (AI) Artificial Intelligence Temperature Control Board to compensate for enviromental conditions."

And then this is from an expanded review:

"We even did a little experiment with the two vaporizers that we have here at the Up In Smoke Cafe. I wanted to back-up my thoughts about the Herbal Aire and how it gets more out of the pot than the magnificent Volcano. I filled the Herbal Aire up with some Volcano remains and filled the Volcano with Herbal AIre remains and fired them up.

The Herbal Aire got about one and a half bags of Vapour from what was left out of the Volcano after 9 bags...

The vapor wasn't as tasty as it usually would have been, considering it was old Volcano left-overs...but there was definately something in there.

We also did the same but reversed. There was very little vapor at all in the Volcano from Herbal Aire remains after only 2 bags."

So that pretty much convinced me that the Herbalaire is the BEST vaporizer available, and while it is less than half the price of the Volcano, it still cost about $250, which is out of my price range at the moment. But I WILL own one eventually, once I get a place of my own and some extra $ in my pocket. I think it would definately be worth the $ for anyone that smokes a lot, for health reasons and because it would save $ in the long run. When you smoke herb, the flame destroys a lot of the THC, so your ganja goes a lot farther with an efficient vaporizer.

But, given my current budget and living situation, I do believe the Vaporgenie to be my best option. It is very portable, durable, discreet, and inexpensive($50).

MJ ain't the gateway drug THAT is BS. MJ ain't addictive, THAT is BS.
                        Absolutely. That drug war propaganda is completely unfounded, there is no proof because they are complete lies, as most people are well aware.
                        I have YET to see someone od on it.
                        Once again I'm going to quote Bill Hicks:
                        "Cigarettes legal, Alcohol legal. Two drugs that kill more people than all other illegal drugs combined, times one thousand; they are legal. But marijuana, a drug that kills.... err... well.... no-one; and lets put it in a timeframe... ever. But marijuana's against the law"
                        I started in 1973, 5th grade. Started growing in 1975, 7th grade.
                        Wow, growing in 7th grade?! That's ballsy Capn.
                        Top of my class all through school, top 2% of the nation on college entrance exams, oh, and I fell asleep taking them, had to be woke up a few times, lol. So that 'your brain on drugs' is BS too.
                        Another lie, it's also dishonest the way they try to lump this beautiful herb with synthetic toxins like crack and meth by lumping them all into the "drugs" category, which is arbitrary and innacurate.
                        If you are gonna get 'addicted' it will happen with just about anything. Look at ALLL the fat folks that can't push their way away from the table. Slow, expeditious death.
                        Yes, marijuana is clearly NOT physically addictive, but like anything else pleasurable it can be habit forming. But as you implied, it is a lot safer than many of the common things that people become addicted to, like: Fast food, drinking, smoking(tobacco), sex, gambling, shopping, etc.
                        Get a sack and start living life AWAY from the pills that docs push on you. THEY are the REAL 'pushers'.
                        Seriously, the narcotics that the doctors push are FAR more dangerous and less effective than the herb. Those pills ARE very physically addictive, and have far more negative health consequences. So the risk/reward ratio is way off, but they're OK because the pharmaceutical corporations and gov't can make a fat profit from it. It's just disgusting.
                        De Omnibus Dubitandum

Comment

i don't trust herbalaire's teflon mouthpieces. not a fan of bag systems too.

let us know how that vapor genie is. i've read they work well with jet flame lighters for better taste and a more stable and uniform flame. just be sure to keep it further from the bowl.

vapor effects last shorter than smoking.
                          Last edited by jon 0; 25 Mar 2007, 3:23 PM.
                          c5/6 complete

wait, what?

Comment

Originally posted by jon 0
                            let us know how that vapor genie is.
                            I'll keep you posted, I just hope I get the chance to try it out before too long.
                            i've read they work well with jet flame lighters for better taste and a more stable and uniform flame. just be sure to keep it further from the bowl.
                            Well, my lighter is the jet flame style, so I've got that part covered.
                            vapor effects last shorter than smoking.
                            Hmm, well I've heard that the high is more clear-headed and functional than with smoking, plus you don't need to use as much. I'm sure this depends on the strain of herb used and the individual using it. As with most things, results will vary.
                            De Omnibus Dubitandum

Comment

i haven't actually had a chance to test the durations of both fairly. i usually use a tiny amount for vaporizing by myself and pack several bowls with friends.

the effects are much clearer and in the head rather than super couch-locked. vaporizing doesn't sap motivation to get things done.
                              c5/6 complete

wait, what?

Comment

My Digi-Vape

Hey Guys and Gals,

I recently purchased a Digi-Vapor vaporizer on Ebay, one of the new ones that looks similar to a Vapezilla. It has a digital readout that displays the current temp. (in both F and C) and the targeted temp. (also in F and C). It was $200 compared to like $600 or $700 for a Super Vapezilla. I never tried the Vapezilla or Super Vapezilla, and I'm sure they are very good, but for the price you can't beat this Digi-Vape!

I am a c7 quad, have terrible nerve pain and painful spasms, and find that cannabis is the best medicine to treat both. I am also on Baclofin and Kadian which is another name for Morpheine, and nether help as much as cannabis!

Cannabis is also cheaper than my prescription drugs, and I am on Medicare! This new prescription drug "benefit" as its called, sucks! I'm paying around $200 per month for my drugs, and I only make around $1100 per month!

Personally, I think life would be pretty unbearable if it weren't for cannabis and the attitude the good lord has blessed me with.

Peace
                                Donate for Clinical Trials at: http://www.justadollarplease.org/

Information on U.S. Clinical Trials at: http://www.scinetusa.org/

Comment

Working...
                                X