Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lyrcia for neuropathic pain, has anyone tried this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i wish it worked well for me, i have been foublin gup at nite on doses , but no noticabl epain relief,.
    i have been using opana for bt pain, but in the evening when it gets crazy bad it seems to do nothing, i took 70 mg of opana betwen 930pm and 230 am, it wasnt to 230 that i was able to try able to go sleep . this is the 4 night in a row like this.
    i cant seem to find the right opana dose, 20 mg =ng.\tonoight i wil try 30mg .
    night s are evil
    cauda equina

Comment

to rgeebee on lyrica

Without Lyrica, my husband probably wouldv'e committed suicide from pain..He's also on morphine tablets and an antinausea to take with it. They just put our oldest on Lydicain patches for her pain besides her oxycodone and Lyrica. Everyone's different on how they respond to pain scripts. Lyrica does have side effects the first month or so when you take it. He's on 150mg 3x per day. You need to keep doing research on agencies that can help you out. It does take several times before you get approved for disability. It's such a hard long fight, we know, but you have to hang in there. Your docs should be sued for malpractice if your mri's show you to have all that trouble and they haven't helped you. Your hospital should have a social worker who can hook you up with prescription assistance. I'm surprised your states social services can't help you with some sort of assistance since you can't work. North Dakota's like that but if we go over the state line to Minnesota, all kinds of help. You can always try writing to your congressman and explain your situation. Ours has been a wealth of information. Good luck . karen

Comment

Thanks for the info Karen....I have applied for disability 4 times now...My attorney says it may take up to a year before I get my hearing...but I'm being very patient with the whole process...it's been 4 years since I first applied......I did get my Lyrica finally and am taking about 1000 mg a day....it has taken that much to work for me but it is working for now....I'm not completely pain free but if you asked me on a scale of 1 to 10 what is my pain level I wouldn't say "orbital". I'd say it's about a 5 or 6 which is pretty good for me.....I am no longer getting anything for pain...my ortho says he can't treat me for that....state law or something....any just wanted to let you know that...and by the way...what side affects did your husband experience???? I don't think I'm having any at this time.

Comment

I tried it after an epidural for a pinched nerve.

What a waste of $75 and whatever the epidural cost.

Generics work much better and alieviated the pain, Generics are free for me.
          Tramadol 50 mg gets rid of my pain.

Comment

Originally posted by Annynonamous
            I tried it after an epidural for a pinched nerve.

What a waste of $75 and whatever the epidural cost.

Generics work much better and alieviated the pain, Generics are free for me.
            Tramadol 50 mg gets rid of my pain.
            there is no generic for lyrica
            cauda equina

Comment

cronic back pain

sissy,
              i've been on lyrica for some time now and i haven't had much luck with it. it helps some i guess but it isn't and wonder drug. todate i have had
              5 operations on my back the last time i saw the surgeon. he said another operation would be too risky. i have two compressed discs in addition to alot of scarring buildup, so really i'll try anything. i was on oxycodone and nothing nomater what the dose was. i've really had it, anyway lyrica may help you, you never know, i hope it helps you..
              God Bless,
              wiilber
              Sunshine 51

Comment

lyrica

sissy
                ',I IIUsed lyrica for about 3 months it not a cure all but i have found it stops that stabbing pain i get when ai move dom't know why but it works i tried stoping taking it with a lot of problems like the pains return very quickly. so it does what it is suppose to and it does it very well you will think the world has a different meaning. no more pains. lyrica does the job you'll love the results. my keyboard is stuck and i can't make corrections sorry
                Sunshine 51

Comment

lyrica

Sissy,
                  ',I have used lyrica for about a year, it not a cure all but i have found it stops that stabbing pain i get when ai move don't know why but it works i tried stoping taking it with a lot of problems like the pains return very quickly. so it does what it is suppose to and it does it very well you will think the world has a different meaning. no more pains. lyrica does the job you'll love the results. my keyboard is stuck and i can't make corrections sorry
                  God bless
                  wilber
                  Sunshine 51

Comment

Originally posted by kmarie225
                    Without Lyrica, my husband probably wouldv'e committed suicide from pain..He's also on morphine tablets and an antinausea to take with it. They just put our oldest on Lydicain patches for her pain besides her oxycodone and Lyrica. Everyone's different on how they respond to pain scripts. Lyrica does have side effects the first month or so when you take it. He's on 150mg 3x per day. You need to keep doing research on agencies that can help you out. It does take several times before you get approved for disability. It's such a hard long fight, we know, but you have to hang in there. Your docs should be sued for malpractice if your mri's show you to have all that trouble and they haven't helped you. Your hospital should have a social worker who can hook you up with prescription assistance. I'm surprised your states social services can't help you with some sort of assistance since you can't work. North Dakota's like that but if we go over the state line to Minnesota, all kinds of help. You can always try writing to your congressman and explain your situation. Ours has been a wealth of information. Good luck . karen
                    Should your husband ever have to stop taking lyrica and detox from it, he will probably want to commit suicide again. It is horrible. Glad he is getting relieffrom the pain. It only helped me with migraines, no relief from nerve pain.

Comment

Originally posted by rgeebee
                      I have been suffering from low back pain for over 20 years. I bent over to move a coffee table and the next day I couldn't move my legs. Went to er and they sent me home with flexeril and said just take it easy for a few. I was 24. I had severe problems with this for yrs to the point I couldn'y move without it feeling like I was beeing cut in half. But I never really had any ins. so I didn't see Dr.s. I moved back to my home state in 96. I had suffered a broken ankle and walking with a cast was causing me severe pain. My dad took x-rays and says your L5-S1 disc is gone and you've got arthritis all up and down your spine.. My old family Dr. says you've got a herinated disc there...I said that explains the burning in my legs when I lay down, it's been doing that for yrs. Well being newly divorced mother of 2 I had to go to work......I did provider care and that was not really a good Idea. Now mind you...I was not getting anything for pain at all. Nothing nada, zilch. My new job included light house keeping which required me to sweep and mop. (I had carpet and a teenage daughter to help me out) Well needless to say when I started moping and sweeping others floors I ended up with horrible pain in my lower extremities and would be unable to walk upright for days. My old family Dr. wouldn't give me anything for pain because he didn't want me to become addicted to anything. But finally broke down and started giving me 1 mg of xanax 3 times a day and 350 mg of soma 3 times a day. Didn't really help with any of the pain but I really didn't care that I hurt. Fast foward to 2002, Can't get rid of this "crick" I've had in my neck for months and my chest hurts so bad and is so tight......I think I'm having heart trouble. I get an x-ray and old doc says. your having muscle spasms in your chest. Up the dose of Soma. Well the neck pain gets worse and still uninsured I fanagle myself into an er in another state as an indegent. they make an appointment for 2 months later. At the appt. they tell me I need an mri....another 2 months later I get the mri......the tech comes out after and says "girl you definately got something going on in the back of your neck. I get no treatment and no explanation of what is "going on". Live with pain in neck and back for another 5 yrs. Had a slight wreck last yr. At fault didn't have ins. so They did take me to hospital to see about arm. Transported me to other hospital to see ortho for surgery on arm. Plate and screws. Haven't been able to work since and tell him neck has really been bothering me bad and I'm in tears all the time because of it. (Ihad applied for disability 3 times and always no). Well he does mri of neck and asks me what the hell I did to myself......I don't know.
                      That was last yr. I am waiting for my disability hearing and I get this letter from my lawyer since I had to have surgery in my arm again because ofthe plate being broke and the nerve being all tangled in it.
                      My lawyer sends me this and it says...according to my ortho doc that I have horrible bone on bone arthritis with spondylolisthesis. with canal stenosis and formaninal stenosis in my lower back with disk protrusion. And also the x-rays showed right angulation deformity in my right arm, a risdual broken screw in the humurus and residual radial nerve palsy. Well he never told me that. Then it says that I have protruding and ruptured disc, spondylitic spurring, canal stenosis, formaninal stenosis, spurring, compression on the thecal sac, narrowing of the inferior foramen and other more severe problems at C2-3, C3-4,C4-5,C5-6,and C6-7. The orthopedic Dr. said I was in bad shape but never told me all this......But it does explain the fact that I haven't been not 1 day in my life since probably 1998 without pain in my body. It never goes away and most days it takes my breath away. I cry about it and try to explain to my family how bad I hurt and I've been told to suck it up......get over it......take some Aleve or if you'd just get up and move around you'll feel better. I have no ins. and the orthopedic dr. sent me to see a pain doc. I had to borow the 300 it cost me to see him. He gave me some meds 1 time and it was all I could do to get them filled. He told me when I get my disability to come back. When I was wanting to die from the pain in my arm because the plate was compressing the nerve the ortho doc wouldn't see me because my bill from last year had gone to collection. So I went to the er at the hospital where they did the surgery and told them he wouldn't see me. He couldn't get there fast enough. They admitted me and started me on morphine drip and 4 days later they took the plate out. Took him 4 hours to dissect it out from around the nreve. When I went to see him for my follow up he told me he could give me something mild for pain but nothing else.....he gave me my scripts and told me to get the hell out and not to bother him again. His nurse prctioner gave me a script for Lryca for my fibromyalgia but I can't afford to get it filled. That and some Talwin.....As far as I'm concerned thats like giving a gunshot to the chest a babd aid and some tylenol. I have been ready to eat a bullet more times that you can imagine.......Where can somebody on the shape I'm in get some kind of help. The pfizer is helping me get the Lryca for free for a year since I have no income. My state doesn't have charity hospitals and now that gas is $4 a gallon I can't drive 3 ours to see my old doc for any pain meds....hell I can't drive any more any way....can't turn my head to see if traffic is coming......It has taken me almost 3 hours to type this out because of the cramps I get in my arm ad in my neck sitting in front of the computer. and also the ortho doc is the one that screwed up the plate in my arm last year.....he bent it putting it in and it finally snapped......thats why he is being such an ass to me....scared I will sue him I guess. Well sorry for this being so long but I rarely get to vent and I'm sure most of you know how that is.....The lyrica......Is it going to help me with any of the pain I have....or am I going to have to resort to that bullet. My lawyer says I have a year probably before I get a hearing for my disabilty. I don't know what to do til then?????? I would love some feed back and or suggestions.....Thank you for listening.

If you can stand to gain a considerable amount of weight and suffer some other adverse affects, and tolerate severe withdrawal sympyoms when you try to get off it, go for it. I think it is poison and should be banned by the FDA the way they ban drugs that could be a blessing and life saver for many!

Comment

Originally posted by jms462001
                        If you can stand to gain a considerable amount of weight and suffer some other adverse affects, and tolerate severe withdrawal sympyoms when you try to get off it, go for it. I think it is poison and should be banned by the FDA the way they ban drugs that could be a blessing and life saver for many!
                        Mostly, this is a board about the support of Spinal Cord Injury patients. Quite frankly, weight gain and adverse side effects are a good trade off if the medication stops the pain.
                        Don't anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Comment

lyricia the pain killer

sSSissy, I've been on lyrica for about 8 months. It really works on yyit rt really works for me it takes away that stabing pain I use to get you know it felt like a hot poker gotiine threw my g back or like a knife sliceing through your musels it use to drive me crsazy. i tried ti stop taking it for awile and that twitch that would forse me to lay down right where i was atm, outside. living room, basement where ever i was i took it right and took about a day to really kick in but it really work.
                          Hope it helps you
                          .sorry about the typeing errors but ymy pc got a internal trogen virus and affected my keybord. if you ever get a chance to doew load VISTA antivirus DO NOT it reall y sucks i'm goint to reload from my backups it even affected my cursor it configered to blank so Idon't know where i'm at also i can't backspace or delete my entries in this message
                          so i hope it makes sence,
                          God bless,
                          bj (Wiilber)
                          Sunshine 51

Comment

lyrica and epidurial injuctions questions

Originally posted by mike
                            I asked my doctor about switching me to Lyrica from Neurontin and he told me that he saw no difference in effectiveness between the two drugs. As I understand it, Lyrica is Pfizers replacement for Neurontin. Perhaps others on this website have had different experiences.
                            i am currently taking both meds together and it helps alittle it just takes an edge off the pain and makes it bearable. i don't think there is anything that
                            releaves all the pain. i've tried the oxycotin route but even that didn't help
                            it is hell stopping the oxycotin
                            has anyone tried stoping the lyrica, i just was thinking how additive is it but if releaves the pain what the hell
                            also so i want to ask about back injuctions i've had different shots in my back what is the differents between the different epidurial shots ??????
                            t
                            Sunshine 51

Comment

Lyrcia

I have suffered with Fybromyalgia for the last 6 or more years. Finaly in the last 4 weeks I was put on 75mg once a day of Lyrcia. I have had 50% to 60% differance in my pain level.

Comment

Good to hear, Paddy. How are you tolerating the drug? If all is well, you might consider upping the dose some. I'm not too knowledgeable on fibro, but with typical neuro pain, it's common to combine it with something like Elavil to help a little more.

Comment

Working...
                                X