Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many people find that cigarette smoking increase their neuropathic pain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont think it has anything to do with it . It helps relax me when I am tense , therefor no pain .
    SM/ACM Surgery in 1999

When the world says "give up"; hope whispers "try one more time"
    -anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by rollin64
      damn bob, we must've had the same guy wire us up, lol. i have these exact same feelings. from the broke/jonesing, coke/crack ordeal down to the drunk, weed makes me paranoid/dwelling humanoid part.

but when i did quit smoking for 6 months right after injury. when i did start back smoking ocassionally, my legs an feet would burn more. now i smoke regularly so i can't tell if it worsens things or not.
      Great minds think (and are wired) alike!
      "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Comment

The only time it ever increased my pain was when the red hot end fell off onto my lap!

PS If you're wearing white chinos and a cigarette falls into your lap don't use red wine to put it out.

Comment

Cigarettes? Great sci tool. I voted that my pain is less

after smoking, and I don't even smoke. How about that?
          Hopefully, I skewed the results as any sci still smoking, especially respiratory compromised, must be mentally compromised.
          But, who am I to judge, we all do what we have to get thru our days.

Comment

I stuffed my lip full of Copenhagen when I was hanging out with some Marines from my unit the other day. It was the first time I dipped "smokeless" tobacco since my accident. My sensory levels below my injury became heightened. It wasn't painful, as I have no neuro pain, but everything became more sensitive. It was a pleasant surprise.
            No one ever became unsuccessful by helping others out

Comment

Originally posted by Tim C.
              after smoking, and I don't even smoke. How about that?
              Hopefully, Iskewed the results as any sci still smoking, especially respiratory compromised, must be mentally compromised.
              But, who am I to judge, we all do what we have to get thru our days.
              what the hell was that about? F you buddy.

I smoke about a half a pack a day and it doesn't do anything for my pain, good or bad.

Comment

The poll suggests that about 44% of people find that nicotine increases their neuropathic pain. Wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Wise Young
                  The poll suggests that about 44% of people find that nicotine increases their neuropathic pain. Wise.
                  and that number is probably low because it does not include people that either have not smoked, or people that haven't stopped. I think the numbers would be higher still if you only included people with existing neuropathic pain.

Comment

Good one.

Thats a good one Vicky. It messed up a lot of things for me.

Originally posted by vickylynn
                    its the nicotine. i smoked 1 drag am its burning plus my spams get worse so even though i like my cigs. i can/t handle the burning in my rear and legs the spams that they causes so its rare now. dang this injury . its screwed up a perfectly bad habit among other things

Comment

reply to burning do to cigerates

When I smoked it it.

Originally posted by keithv
                      I can't believe such quick feedback. These seem like very plausible answers and I had ideas that it may be something like that but did not know the details and terminology that went with it, I really appreciate it. The burning is in my legs and hands by the way. I am wondering if there is some kind of preventive measure to stop the stinging brought on by smoking before it happens besides not smoke ha,ha. Has anyone found anything that seems to alter this reaction to one degree or another?

Comment

Working...
                      X