Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what can i tak eat night that will kill the pain and let me sleep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what can i tak eat night that will kill the pain and let me sleep?

i have neuopathic pain, tryin to stay off the anti seizures for as long as i can.
    i take ultram at night it handles the pain but it keeps me up , i take another i still stay awake and then its 3am and i need to take a ambien to get to sleep,, i have percocet too, but i prefer not to take every night if i dont have too, ultram works weell, but keeps me awake , i hate to take elavil becise of the urine retention and ggogginess in the morning.
    i wonder if i took a neurotin 600 mg before bed if that would help? or move someplace where if i cant sleep i can start some work and not worry about waking ther neighbors
    cauda equina

Hey Outdoor,I have the same problem you are having but if I take 400mg of neurontin it seems to help some with the neuopathic pain if only for a short time.I find myself falling a sleep in my wc and a few times I almost ended up on the floor because of no sleep and I`m not having any luck finding a doctor who knows what hes doing.Stiggy

"The Meaning of things lies not in things themselves,but in our attitude towards them"
    "The Meaning of things lies not in things themselves,but in our attitude towards them"

Comment

Stiggy...

As one insomniac to another, i feel your pain. I can't take any opiates or n-saids, etc. due to liver problems. My n/p pain also keeps me up nites. I take 600 neurontin and .2 clonidine at nite about an hour before bedtime.

Even if it doesn't make me "tired", although the neurontin does sometimes, with the n/p pain gone or near gone and the spasms significantly reduced, it allows me to go to sleep without either of those 2 distractions.

Kap

"It's not easy being green"
      accept no substitutes

Comment

Wish I could finnd something. I do take 1 mg of Ativan, which will allow me to stay asleep IF I manage to fall asleep.

Alan

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"
        Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Comment

i will try 400 mg of neurontin, i just took it, i used to take 3200 a day of it. but i needed my brain and bladder back.. maybe if it help with sleep i can only take it evening and wont have the side effect since the half life is about 5 hours and 25 minutes.. see what happpens
          tinoight, i am off my schedule, and not being as active, if i had more activity o would sleep much better.. just dont like taking ambien every night, but i know the ultram also keeps me up
          cauda equina

Comment

well neurontin didnt work, exept i ate everything in the house before sleep last night....lol.. it really increses my appettite and cravings for food... still had to take a ambien, but i did foresake the evening ultram. maybe i could try it again , but take it right before sleep. so i dont eat everything!
            cauda equina

Comment

Working...
            X