Still experiencing chronic abdominal pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still experiencing chronic abdominal pain

I have been suffering from the worst chronic pain in the abdomen that you could ever imagine. I went into the hospital three times and x-rays showed I was constipated quite badly. I was also carrying a lot of gas. So, for the last few months I have been taking Laxido up to 4 times a day and it's paid off. Bowel movements have slowly got better and now I am producing very large amounts most times I have my bowel regime done. Also, my stomach which has always been quite big has really shrunk down. Having said that, the pain has increased tenfold. I have been to see a gastro doctor and I am down on the list to have a CT scan. I'm also hoping to have a stoma fitted at some stage. However, in the meantime, I need to get this pain sorted out because it's so bad I can't sleep most nights. Could it be anything to do with me clearing out the: which was obviously compacted for many years? I was wondering whether the colon was so used to being for that now it's been cleared it's complaining. The pain isn't always in the same place in the abdomen. Sometimes it feels like somebody has pumped me full of water which is moving around causing lots of pressure inside me. The worst time is the sharp pain, that's unbearable. I know I'm on the list to have a CT scan but that could be several weeks away and each day and night just brings more pain. I can't remember what it's like not to be in pain

About a year ago I had abdominal pain for months and months and months. Not as bad as yours. Just severe bloating and uncomfortable fullness. I also has x rays which showed nothing abnormal. Did you have a colonoscopy or endoscopy? I had both. And neither showed any significant issues. Only minor stomach irritation. Eventually the pain and bloating ended...after nearly a year. And I never got a definitive answer as to what caused it. If I had to guess...I think I may have taken too many ibuprofen on one occasion which resulted in a stomach ulcer. If you haven't had them done, I'd schedule the scopes to rule out anything serious and see what your stomach lining looks like.

Comment

Working...
    X