What meds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What meds?

T7 incomplete. Nerve pains from back that radiates to rib cage and stomach. Movement increases trunk pain as well. What have you tried for pain? Any suggestions? Right now, just taking gabapentin..

I now only take a little Baclofen these days to help with the tone pain, since I can feel my quads and that's where my bad spasticity/spasm/cramp muscles are. Opiates helped me not care, but too harsh and addictive for my body and personality. Gabapentin took some of the tingle edge off but none of the pain. There are no great options, IMO, but try everything your doc suggests, to be sure. We're all a bit different in that regard.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Having found no relief, I’ve settled on compounded low dose naltrexone (LDN) 4.5mg. I’ve been wondering a lot lately whether it actually does anything tho I recall when I started four years ago being convinced that it did. It supposedly steps up production of our endorphins. I know I went from not dreaming of leaving the house ever due to feet to waist neuro pain to getting back out. I’m still constantly in pain which fluctuates but somehow the edge is off just enough or I care just a little less maybe? I’m honestly wondering whether the passage of time just moved it a little to the background, tho. For me, distraction is far and away the best or maybe only treatment for neuro pain.

Comment

Originally posted by Oddity View Post
        I now only take a little Baclofen these days to help with the tone pain, since I can feel my quads and that's where my bad spasticity/spasm/cramp muscles are. Opiates helped me not care, but too harsh and addictive for my body and personality. Gabapentin took some of the tingle edge off but none of the pain. There are no great options, IMO, but try everything your doc suggests, to be sure. We're all a bit different in that regard.
        Now and again when I need a day's vacation from the "bad spasticity/spasm/cramp muscles" I take 1/8th to 1/4 mg of clonazapam. Usually it works wonders, but not always. I think it depends on the cause and I don't always know the cause. Today barometric pressure fell hard and put me in intense difficulty the clonazapam didn't even touch it.

Comment

I too find relief from clonazepam. Anywhere between half and one mg. It works wonders for my nerve pain but I agree it is finicky. The timing is important. I worry about dependence but for now I use it episodically which is often daily. Weekly to be sure. THC, CBD and ketamine are also part of my regime.

Comment

Working...
          X