Pain and clonus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pain and clonus

I have a question maybe someone can help me.

Years ago I had an incomplete injury where after years of therapy and luck, I regained the ability to walk. I still have difficulty walking with gait issues, spasticity and weakness but my clonus went away after several years and stayed away for several years (over 10 years).

Lately I've been getting a ton of pain in my back and the clonus returned. My question is can pain trigger clonus to return? I have two neurosurgeon that have conflicting notions.

The reason I'm asking is does it mean I'm getting another compression or is it possible that pain is triggering its return.

If your unsure of the answer, does anyone have clonus that gets worse if they are hurt or hurting?

Thanks

Pain can worsen any aspect of spasticity (clonus, tone, spasms, etc.). Have you been evaluated for a possible syrinx, or root compression, in addition to cord compression?

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

SCI-Nurse thank you for responding. You are a God send. You helped me before.

My doctors and radiologist should have looked for them. My Doctors are supposed to be some of best in the world and yet after they performed surgery they don't want to know me. Pain management is their answer.

Anyway, I'm looking at some of my scans and to me it looks like something might be behind a piece of hardware. Is it OK it I DM you?

Comment

• SCI-Nurse
        SCI-Nurse commented
        Editing a comment
        I can't make a diagnosis (not a physician) but only make suggestions of what you may want to ask yours.
        (KLD)
    Working...
    X