Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NorthQuad commented
        26 May 2021, 11:51 PM
        On the endocannabinoid system and how it functions? Yeah, it's nothing new. Feel free to do the same. Explaining how after 17 years of paralysis at the C5 level I'm gaining sensation and motor function because you claim THC is just making me feel better. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4789136
    No, I am familiar with the endocannabinoid system. I am wondering what brought you to the conclusion that it is the CBD that's helping you.

Comment

• NorthQuad
      NorthQuad commented
      Editing a comment
      Read my previous comments. I made it clear. If you understand the endocannabinoid system then the rest should be easily filled in. It's all good though. There's nothing to prove, it's already known information.

NorthQuad commented
    Yesterday, 10:30 PM
    Read my previous comments. I made it clear. If you understand the endocannabinoid system then the rest should be easily filled in. It's all good though. There's nothing to prove, it's already known information.

You say CBD helped you with anxiety, inflammation, returned sensation to your whole body, helped you breath deeper, slightly flex muscles throughout your body, relieved nerve pain in hands, helped regulate body temp, and reduced your spasms.

I think that's great. But seeing how there is no scientific proof that CBD does any of these things to the human body I wonder what makes you think it did those things to you. An understanding of the endocannabinoid system doesn't explain that.

Also you aren't taking just CBD. You are taking THC and CBD. You were catching a buzz, then prices dropped, you consumed more, and started getting high.

And it's not known information because it hasn't been proven.

Comment

• NorthQuad
      NorthQuad commented
      Editing a comment
      The amount of THC is 25 times less than the CBD. It causes no buzz or high. And if it was just catching a high, please explain the return of sensation over twenty hours after consuming less than 1mg of THC. Of which (return) is improving enough to notice improvements by the week. The endocannabinoid system plays a role in the bodies healing. Along with several other important roles. It's fine, though. If you want to disagree, nobody is forcing you to understand how the CBD is improving recovery for me. I'm not advising anyone else to try it. At this point in my life, I know that it's one of those times where I'm correct and when skeptics are proven wrong, they'll be nowhere to be found to acknowledge it. I'm perfectly comfortable and confident in knowing my own body after all these years of sci. I'll share more information on how a Doctor in Canada is healing chronic wounds with CBD/THC. And a hint... it isn't by getting the patience high.

Originally posted by smity50 View Post
    I speculate it's the THC in the Dosecann making you feel better, not the CBD.
    I tend to agree. I've tried all methods of CBD application, long enough to tell it had no effect on me. The doctors at UAB that did the study of epileptic children with life threatening seizures, developed a formula that included a small amount of THC. It's now legal for those conditions and parents of those children praise the results. Proof that the small amount of THC is the key. Hence my state is legalizing medical marijuana for certain other conditions. Patches and pills only as of now.

Samples of 100's CBD (only) products showed many had horrible ingredients. Again, CBD is not FDA regulated so extra care and research is needed to insure your getting the real stuff verses snake oil. Within 5 miles from my home is 5 or 6 CBD stores. Some claim it comes from their own farm. That means it's Hemp as it's not legal yet to grow real THC plants in my state.
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
    Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

Comment

Just to add to the confusion/dissension:

Cannabis of any variety that I've tried makes my neuropathic pain spike horribly. And I've tried a lot.

It doesn't last, but for 15-20 minutes right after it's really, really, bad. 9/10 bad.

Sometimes worth it though. The following few hours is generally spent caring much less about whatever pain I'm feeling. That's a kind of pain management, I suppose, even if I still feel it.

Which I do.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

• NorthQuad
        NorthQuad commented
        Editing a comment
        I avoid higher doses of THC for that very reason.

Originally posted by Gearhead View Post

I tend to agree. I've tried all methods of CBD application, long enough to tell it had no effect on me. The doctors at UAB that did the study of epileptic children with life threatening seizures, developed a formula that included a small amount of THC. It's now legal for those conditions and parents of those children praise the results. Proof that the small amount of THC is the key. Hence my state is legalizing medical marijuana for certain other conditions. Patches and pills only as of now.

Samples of 100's CBD (only) products showed many had horrible ingredients. Again, CBD is not FDA regulated so extra care and research is needed to insure your getting the real stuff verses snake oil. Within 5 miles from my home is 5 or 6 CBD stores. Some claim it comes from their own farm. That means it's Hemp as it's not legal yet to grow real THC plants in my state.
      Yep, they are realizing it's the synergistic effect of all of the different ingredients in cannabis that gives the beneficial results.

Also, from what I've been told by actual scientists and what the scientists fail to inform the public about is, the quantity of CBD isolate required to have any effect is massive. Far larger then any dose you can buy anywhere.

And if people think any cbd lotion or cream is doing anything.....oh boy.

Comment

• NorthQuad
        NorthQuad commented
        Editing a comment
        And what is a massive dose of CBD according to these scientists?

Originally posted by Oddity View Post
      Just to add to the confusion/dissension:

Cannabis of any variety that I've tried makes my neuropathic pain spike horribly. And I've tried a lot.

It doesn't last, but for 15-20 minutes right after it's really, really, bad. 9/10 bad.

Sometimes worth it though. The following few hours is generally spent caring much less about whatever pain I'm feeling. That's a kind of pain management, I suppose, even if I still feel it.

Which I do.

That's interesting. Most people think cannabis is a depressant but in fact it is a stimulant that effects the pain neurological pathways so makes some sense.

Comment

NorthQuad commented
        Yesterday, 9:52 PM
        And what is a massive dose of CBD according to these scientists?

600 - 1500 mg's. And a study conducted in 2019 raised concerns about liver damage at these amounts.

Comment

• NorthQuad
          NorthQuad commented
          Editing a comment
          I can buy 100mg/ml 30ml bottles right now in the legal market. Taking too much of anything could be damaging and also just unnecessary even if it isn't. These so called scientists may be out of touch with real world use and benefits. Much like someone that believes 1mg or less THC could have someone buzzing so hard that they mistake return of sensation with being high after months of experiencing return. Seems some want to dismiss the possibility that CBD can benefit the health of humans so much that they're willing to lose any possible credibility they may have. I wouldn't listen to those type of people.

NorthQuad commented
        Yesterday, 9:27 PM
        I can buy 100mg/ml 30ml bottles right now in the legal market. Taking too much of anything could be damaging and also just unnecessary even if it isn't. These so called scientists may be out of touch with real world use and benefits. Much like someone that believes 1mg or less THC could have someone buzzing so hard that they mistake return of sensation with being high after months of experiencing return. Seems some want to dismiss the possibility that CBD can benefit the health of humans so much that they're willing to lose any possible credibility they may have. I wouldn't listen to those type of people.

Yeah you can find even higher then 100mg.

I see companies trying to produce higher doses these days. Why do you think that is?

You started using cbd a year ago and have nothing but anecdotal evidence.

To be clear, I'm not dismissing the possibility that cbd has medicinal qualities. I'm dismissing the snake oil salesman that jumped on the cbd bandwagon to make a buck by misleading the public that cbd alone is some kind of miracle drug.

Losing credibility is of no concern. By your logic, if the cbd is helping you heal, when will you be totally healed and ailment free?

My out of touch scientist friends would like to know.

Comment

NorthQuad commented
          Yesterday, 9:27 PM

Yeah you can find even higher then 100mg.

I see companies trying to produce higher doses these days. Why do you think that is?

You started using cbd a year ago and have nothing but anecdotal evidence.

To be clear, I'm not dismissing the possibility that cbd has medicinal qualities. I'm dismissing the snake oil salesman that jumped on the cbd bandwagon to make a buck by misleading the public that cbd alone is some kind of miracle drug.

Losing credibility is of no concern. By your logic, if the cbd is helping you heal, when will you be totally healed and ailment free?

My out of touch scientist friends would like to know.
          Yeah, I figured you had a personal motive to dismiss any possibility that CBD may be benefitting some return of my nerve function. Good to have that clarified. We can waste less time and effort in our discussion.

In no way did I even remotely infer that I expected or experienced full return. That is quite obvious by reading this thread. There's no need to go further than what I've already described until I have more to describe. I've made clear my limited experience with using CBD and the return I've gained within the time I've used it and anyone reasonable would understand how that makes sense.

I'll continue to evaluate as I go. Just like with real objective science.

This isn't a competition about who is right or who's opinion matters. You began with a baseless opinion and you haven't gotten any further. You're free to continue but an your injected opinion will remain just that. As for your scientist friends, they might need to do a little more science as medical researches are doing just that and finding advances using cannabis.

Until further evidence, you're free to disregard my real life experience. As I'll disregard your baseless opinion. There are people in this world that look to find solutions to problems. Others looking for problems to solutions. I'll stick to being concerned and interested in the former.

Comment

Has anyone tried CBD with Delta 8 THC? As far as I understand, Delta 8 is derived from the trace THC in hemp. Mild and calming, very little buzz (pain relief), no anxiety or paranoia, plus other non negative effects associated w/Delta 9. Legal in all but 15 states, pending in mine.
            Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

Comment

Has anyone tried CBD with Delta 8 THC? As far as I understand, Delta 8 is derived from the trace THC in hemp. Mild and calming, very little buzz (pain relief), no anxiety or paranoia, plus other non negative effects associated w/Delta 9. Legal in all but 15 states, pending in mine.
              I think Delta8 is legal in Al since Oct 2020. Could be wrong. Haven't tried but would give it a try. Delta 8 is illegal in my state but we can grow cannabis and it's recreational. Just shows how screwed up the thinking is around cannabis and hemp.

Comment

I think Delta8 is legal in Al since Oct 2020. Could be wrong. Haven't tried but would give it a try. Delta 8 is illegal in my state but we can grow cannabis and it's recreational. Just shows how screwed up the thinking is around cannabis and hemp.
                D8 is legal in AL I think, but my searching says it's pending. Not sure what that means.

I'll soon order some. Trying to decide which is best; flower, buds, pre rolled, or liquid. I found a website that seems legit but afraid to give my CC number to what could be snake oil or a total scam. If they accepted Paypal I'd feel more comfortable as they wouldn't get my CC #.

Anyone know of a good/legit source of Delta 8?

I hope this post isn't violating the rules of self medication. If it is, please inform me.
                Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

Comment

D8 is legal in AL I think, but my searching says it's pending. Not sure what that means.

I'll soon order some. Trying to decide which is best; flower, buds, pre rolled, or liquid. I found a website that seems legit but afraid to give my CC number to what could be snake oil or a total scam. If they accepted Paypal I'd feel more comfortable as they wouldn't get my CC #.

Anyone know of a good/legit source of Delta 8?

I hope this post isn't violating the rules of self medication. If it is, please inform me.
                  I don't think smoking herb is a "home remedy" worthy of running afoul of our "no home made medical procedures" rule. Especially considering it's legal now in over half the States.

We can get D8 at the local vape shops, vape cartridges, edibles, and bud. It's like "Near-Beer", IMO. I barely noticed it. Works for some, though. Sends my wife to the moon. I barely get a foot off the ground. Didn't notice leg effects either, but I dunno. I'll say this, at best: it's subtle.
                  "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

I'm so buzzed lately off of .5mg of THC every 24 hours that I've begun to notice more feeling on my belly. I ignored it for a few days but today when a caregiver was putting my binder on it was impossible to ignore. For a few days I've been feeling sensation deeper inside my belly when working out and it seems as though the return is moving more to the surface. When laying in bed I'm more aware of my entire body position. Change continues.

Comment

Working...
                    X