Slipped Rib Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slipped Rib Problem

Chronic wear setting in 7 years post. Now I'm having a persistently troublesome rib that keeps popping out. It is under my injury level so I cannot strengthen muscles around it. I have to see a chiro every week because it keeps coming out. I try rolling it back in on a foam roller but do not get it right.

What do you all do? Thanks

I see a chiropractor.. I also have stretchy bands and cords attached to hooks over my stander. I pull down on them while standing or sitting in my chair to get a good stretch on the intercostals which helps with the ribs and relieving the tightness in the ribs.

I just bought a SkiErg by Concept2 which is an overhead pulldown exercise machine attached to the wall. It's really smooth action with little to moderate resistance. I'm finding it's working the rhomboids and intercostals and seems to be strengthening them where it was difficult to work on before. Seems I'm sitting straighter due to the ribs etc. being stretched out.

I'm 47 years post injury and find overhead exercises along with my reg. exercise really helps with the ribs etc. Those stretchy bands and cords are really cheap and come in different strengths. I attach them at different heights to get a good workout and stretch which helps keep the upper body stretched out and stronger. I keep one tucked in the door of my van for times I waiting in the van; I can still get a bit of a workout.

Comment

Interesting! Thank you for those suggestions. I have one of those overhead rope with two handles where you pull one down and the other goes up, but I don't use it near enough.

That SkiErg looks perfect for what I am trying to do.

Here I was thinking that my tendons are weak and too stretched out...perhaps its the opposite? They are tight which is pulling things out of whack.

Makes it too painful to stay in the chair and requires me to lay down after 2-3 hours without significant pain killer action.

Comment

Here is some information on this problem. Steroid injections and Botox may be used to manage pain.

https://www.physio-pedia.com/Slipping_Rib_Syndrome

(KLD)
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by juniorsenior View Post
          Interesting! Thank you for those suggestions. I have one of those overhead rope with two handles where you pull one down and the other goes up, but I don't use it near enough.

That SkiErg looks perfect for what I am trying to do.

Here I was thinking that my tendons are weak and too stretched out...perhaps its the opposite? They are tight which is pulling things out of whack.

Makes it too painful to stay in the chair and requires me to lay down after 2-3 hours without significant pain killer action.

I just picked up one of those ropes with two handles too. Great piece. The secret using them is to completely relax the arm being pulled up and hold for approx. 20 seconds then reverse concentrating on the torso as you pull down slowly. I do about 5 reps each arm then change angle of the rope to 45o then straight out etc.. Blows me away how effective they are.

John Squires at Bike-On and a valued member here turned me on to the SkiErg. It really is a good addition to my workout routine. Very well made and has made a big difference in the pain threshold from these worn out old shoulders. Great cardio also.

Comment

hmm never heard of that rib but my left hip get out of wack and left leg wants to turn in kinda confuse on what ur saying could you video pls

Comment

Working...
            X