Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catapres -TTS-1 patch

What do people take catapres-TTS-1 patch for

This is an extended release clonidine patch. It is primarily used as an antihypertensive drug (for high blood pressure), in addition to other drugs (rarely on it's own). It may also help potentiate or improve the effectiveness of antispasticity drugs such as baclofen and tizanidine.

It is also used, interestingly, for smoking cessation and assisting in easing the symptoms of drug withdrawal with benzos and opioids.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

• Sheri
      Sheri commented
      Editing a comment
      Could you expand a bit more on the potentiation thing for anti spasticity drugs? I found clonidine helped spasticity for two weeks then stopped but never tried it in combination with anything else. And do pills or patch make a difference? What kind of dosing have you seen? I’m amazed neither my physiatrist nor neurologist apparently had any knowledge of this.

Potentiation means that one drug increases the effect of another drug. There are numerous articles in the medical literature for the last 20 years about the ability off clonidine (as well as Elavil) to potentiate other anti-spasticity drugs such as baclofen or tizanidine. Generally pills are used first to identify specific dose needs, and then the patch may be used long-term. (KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
    X