Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally don’t need pain meds any more...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally don’t need pain meds any more...

I didn’t think it would ever happen but my pain has finally subsided so I am weening myself off of the pain meds.

Congrats Mike, it's been a long tough time for you. There were times I was concerned you weren't going to make it. One day at a time buddy.

Comment

• nauticalmike
      nauticalmike commented
      Editing a comment
      I may still not make it to old age Pat. The pain was far from the only negative aspect that my SCI has created in my life, and although I can not deny that it usually played a big role in my suicidal thoughts, the fact that I also have no friends and nothing that I really enjoy doing has more on a negative influence on my willingness to keep on keeping on, but for now it is much easier for me to convince myself that I should continue on my journey at least for now. I also recently inherited a small sum of money so that I have the financial means to do almost anything for entertainment and to go wherever I want to go for both leisure and to Call home.that is my biggest challenge right now actually, is where do I want to move to. All I know for sure is that I don’t like it where I am...

Pretty tremendous achievement! I didn't quit, I surrendered!
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Comment

Congrats . I wish I could do the same but I need them to get up everyday. But they cut back giving things even with legit injuries crazy I can’t get the pain meds I need with my valid reason. But I’m happy for you

Comment

Originally posted by Jeramie630 View Post
        Congrats . I wish I could do the same but I need them to get up everyday. But they cut back giving things even with legit injuries crazy I can’t get the pain meds I need with my valid reason. But I’m happy for you
        That’s one of the reasons that I tried it again was that they were going to taper me again. The last taper cost me over a year of my life because the pain was still very much a problem for me. It was probably the year of constant sleep from that time that allowed my chronically broken hip to finally mend itself, since it lasted for over 7 years as chronically broken. It’s kind of ironic, but it was that unbearable pain that caused my sleep deprivation that then led to my chronic sleep that cured it...

Comment

That’s crazy .but glad your all healed up. But quitting sucks but it’s really not that hard. Just make sure you have no access to meds wile quitting because you will be tempted to get the sweats and everything over with and just take a pill so have someone lock them or do something so I have no access

Comment

Great job Mike

Comment

That is amazing. Thanks for sharing with us. It is such a huge accomplishment.... and gift.

Hang in there. You can do this. And remember - you have friends here.

Comment

It was really no big deal. I had no withdrawals at all this time. Not even the diarrhea that usually accompanies opiate tapers. My back is hurting when I first get up in the morning pretty bad, but it subsides before too long. I am still picking up my scripts every month, and stockpiling them in case I have a need for them sometime down the road since the current medical practice is to make patients that are in pain remain in pain, medicating is taboo...

Comment

Working...
                X