Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cbd oil for back pain relief ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Actually, UAB hospital, in Birmingham AL did studies with epileptic infants/children using CBD with trace of THC. Many parents have said it saved their child's life.
    Yes, the THC probably helped but it was only a small trace amount. Before CBD became legal in AL, many parents moved out of state to save their child's suffering.
    Due to this, Alabama's legislators are trying to make medical pot legal.
    Pure CBD is not as common as most would think. Some contain carcinogens and other BS ingredients.
    Until FDA steps in, it's a crap shoot as to what you are getting unless you find a farm to table hemp grower.
    If it is a placebo effect that is providing relief in some adults, well, relief in any fashion is a blessing.
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
    Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Gearhead View Post
      Actually, UAB hospital, in Birmingham AL did studies with epileptic infants/children using CBD with trace of THC. Many parents have said it saved their child's life.
      Yes, the THC probably helped but it was only a small trace amount. Before CBD became legal in AL, many parents moved out of state to save their child's suffering.
      Due to this, Alabama's legislators are trying to make medical pot legal.
      Pure CBD is not as common as most would think. Some contain carcinogens and other BS ingredients.
      Until FDA steps in, it's a crap shoot as to what you are getting unless you find a farm to table hemp grower.
      If it is a placebo effect that is providing relief in some adults, well, relief in any fashion is a blessing.
      I don't know if those studies are actual scientific proof of anything. By the same logic cbd oil claims to have so many benefits I decided to see if it would help my CAR. So I did a study. I added a pint of cbd oil to my van, car, and jeeps motor oil. I got 5 miles more per gallon of gas from the van and car but not the jeep. CBD must help improve gas mileage in vans and cars.

      Comment


        #18
        This is old news, the study was completed at least a year ago.

        Carly's Law (Alabama)
        https://www.uab.edu/news/research/it...stant-epilepsy
        Last edited by Gearhead; 17 Jul 2019, 8:19 PM.
        Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
        Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Gearhead View Post
          This is old news, the study was completed at least a year ago.

          Carly's Law (Alabama)
          https://www.uab.edu/news/research/it...stant-epilepsy
          Um well your old news in Alabama is spot on my car analogy. They gave kids with seizures cbd oil. that has thc in it, read the article, and it helped them. GOOD. Why or how? Can you say for sure it wasn't the thc that helped them? It helped my gas mileage, why or how? Can you say it didn't?

          Then lets say cbd does work for epileptic seizures. What does that have to do with pain relief or any of the many other ailments it supposedly helps?

          So go ahead a rub that cream all over yourself and drink that cbd infused tincture. Tell yourself it's helping. Feed the pharmaceutical monsters. I'll wait for the facts.

          Comment


            #20
            READ THE ARTICLE https://www.uab.edu/news/research/it...stant-epilepsy
            This is not the only article written on CBD.

            The facts are in the UAB conclusions. The TRACE amount of THC was/is very very small. LESS THAN 0.3%. 0.3% is considered a psychoactive and illegal in many states.
            I tried the oil, it didn't help me. Was it one of the many bogus oils or it just didn't work for me? Who knows.
            I do know the vape oil I have helps my nerve pain/burn/tingle. It may be the real stuff, not sure, no label, was a gift.

            My doctors are at UAB. I tried to get in the study before start up, looking for spasm help. It was for epileptics only that were resistant to other treatments, so I didn't qualify.
            I talked with many docs about the study while it was ongoing. All said it was saving children's lives. Fact: people die from epileptic seizures, infants/children are more vulnerable.
            CBD is not a miracle med. It helps with some issues for some people but not all people, not all issues. Too much can make you feel bad and may react with other meds. This is why we need an FDA crack down.
            Last edited by Gearhead; 18 Jul 2019, 8:11 PM. Reason: fact addition
            Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
            Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by smity50 View Post
              Um well your old news in Alabama is spot on my car analogy. They gave kids with seizures cbd oil. that has thc in it, read the article, and it helped them. GOOD. Why or how? Can you say for sure it wasn't the thc that helped them? It helped my gas mileage, why or how? Can you say it didn't?

              Then lets say cbd does work for epileptic seizures. What does that have to do with pain relief or any of the many other ailments it supposedly helps?

              So go ahead a rub that cream all over yourself and drink that cbd infused tincture. Tell yourself it's helping. Feed the pharmaceutical monsters. I'll wait for the facts.
              Your posts aren't even entertaining. Don't you have better things to do than muddy up the waters for SCI pain sufferers. What's your experience with pain and CBD oil? Tell us. We're interested.

              Comment

              Working...
              X