Spinal cord stimulater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by metronycguy View Post
    glad you are getting some relief. I always found it amazing that before surgery the reps and the doctor talk up the their product on how great it is. After implant, all of a sudden , after about 15 plus reconfigurations, and you tell them the SCS is giving about 10% relief they tell you that it is a success, they don't mention that before hand, nor do they show that in their shiny brochures. I also love the fact that they talk up the how good this unit is when in reality there is no tracking if the patient had any relief or not.

but i may try the ganglion nerve SCS soon
    I appreciate your experience. It sounds a lot like the surgeons who tell people who went into the hospital walking and come out permanently in a chair, "the operation was a success!" Btards.

Comment

Originally posted by Tetracyclone View Post
      I appreciate your experience. It sounds a lot like the surgeons who tell people who went into the hospital walking and come out permanently in a chair, "the operation was a success!" Btards.
      The running joke about surgeons is that the only outcome they track is mortality. So as long as you didn't die on their table, "the operation was a success!"
      Co-founder & CTO of MYOLYN - FES Technology for People with Paralysis - Empowering People to Move

Comment

Originally posted by metronycguy View Post
        tim how did it go?
        i find most trials bogus , too short a period of time , the wire pulls out before you get home.
        since i have had 2 stimulators .
        i am interested in the ganglion root SCS , i may even do a trial of that myself
        Scheduled early September

Comment

they haven't worked well for sci patients , we are still waiting for a couple success stories .
          i also had to have mine removed for a needed mri which resulted in more permanent nerve loss due to the time it took
          cauda equina

Comment

I had a trial stimulator back in 2015. It was a Medtronix model. I have severe chronic pain in a tight band around my injury level, T-5. We tried the stimulator for about a week, but it was a total failure (as have just about everything else I have tried, including all types of medications, acupuncture, messages with essential oils and pain pump). I'm glad it seems to be working for you.

Comment

Hey guys.... any updates ?

Comment

Originally posted by NW-Will View Post
                Hey guys.... any updates ?
                I've had my stimulater for about 9 months, and could not emagine life without it.
                After being on a program for two days, it starts to fade away. So I change programs all the time, (different spots on the spinal cord) and every couple of weeks turn it off for a couple of days. I get between 50 percent, and 85 percent pain relief. Love this great pain relief tool.
                T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Comment

Hi flying,
                  wondering if you got my post a couple days ago. I live in Eugene area and am considering a SCS for my pain and wondered who did your surgery or whether you are happy with your surgeon. I’m a little nervous about the actual surgery and just want to make sure I get the best surgeon to do the surgery. Thanks.

Comment

That is great to hear.
                    Thanks for the details.
                    and
                    Thanks for the update.

Originally posted by flying View Post
                    I've had my stimulater for about 9 months, and could not emagine life without it.
                    After being on a program for two days, it starts to fade away. So I change programs all the time, (different spots on the spinal cord) and every couple of weeks turn it off for a couple of days. I get between 50 percent, and 85 percent pain relief. Love this great pain relief tool.

Comment

Originally posted by Nancyp View Post
                      Hi flying,
                      wondering if you got my post a couple days ago. I live in Eugene area and am considering a SCS for my pain and wondered who did your surgery or whether you are happy with your surgeon. I’m a little nervous about the actual surgery and just want to make sure I get the best surgeon to do the surgery. Thanks.
                      No I didn't see your post. Lot of doc's do the trial, in Eugene, and will lookup who did mine. The trial is a peace of cake. They just slid wires into the epidural space, and tape the controler to your body.
                      On my trial, I couldn't keep the leads from moving around, so I elected to get a paddle, on my permanent one.

Comment

Just realized you were incomplete. Do you think that has anything to do with why it is working so well for you? I'm T6 complete and never could feel the SCS doing anything below my injury level. I could only feel the tingling feeling it gives above my injury level.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad09 View Post
                          Just realized you were incomplete. Do you think that has anything to do with why it is working so well for you? I'm T6 complete and never could feel the SCS doing anything below my injury level. I could only feel the tingling feeling it gives above my injury level.
                          Maybe, but not so sure about that. I do a lot of trickery to keep it going. How far down do you feel your pain? I'm guessing if it's nerve pain, then it radiates around below your injury level, like mine did, and still does.
                          When the stimulater is really working well, all I can feel, is the bit of nerves I got back, but not all the firing off nerves that are not really there, but my body thinks should be there.
                          I'm very sensitive to the stim, actually. The reps tell me it's turned way down low, compared to what most run.
                          Not sure why some people don't feel them, but your not alone in this. A friend of mine, was all excited to get the test, but it didn't help her at all. The trial helps determine which people it will help.
                          Wish it had worked for you. Woundnt wish this pain on anyone.

Comment

Maybe, but not so sure about that. I do a lot of trickery to keep it going. How far down do you feel your pain? I'm guessing if it's nerve pain, then it radiates around below your injury level, like mine did, and still does.
                            When the stimulater is really working well, all I can feel, is the bit of nerves I got back, but not all the firing off nerves that are not really there, but my body thinks should be there.
                            I'm very sensitive to the stim, actually. The reps tell me it's turned way down low, compared to what most run.
                            Not sure why some people don't feel them, but your not alone in this. A friend of mine, was all excited to get the test, but it didn't help her at all. The trial helps determine which people it will help.
                            Wish it had worked for you. Woundnt wish this pain on anyone.
                            I have nerve pain from the band around my injury level all the way to my feet. I haven't even turned my SCS on in about two years. I may contact the local rep and see if they have any new programs to try using it again with.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad09 View Post
                              I have nerve pain from the band around my injury level all the way to my feet. I haven't even turned my SCS on in about two years. I may contact the local rep and see if they have any new programs to try using it again with.
                              And see if the leads have moved. Did you get any relief, on the trial?

Comment

And see if the leads have moved. Did you get any relief, on the trial?
                                I had to have a paddle surgically put in for the trial because I had too much scar tissue to run leads up my spine. I thought I was getting some relief after the "trial" but it was hard to tell since I had to recover from surgery at the same time, may have been a placebo effect after all. But I didn't want them to cut my back open again to take the paddle out so I went ahead and had the pulse generator/battery put in, and used it for a few years before I gave up on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X