No announcement yet.

Kicking Morphine Dependancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you tried Kratom that helped me with opiate with drawls.

Comment

What is the nature of your pain? Neuropathic (nerve)? Musculoskeletal? Spasticity?

were you ever offered methadone as an alternative to the long acting morphine?

pbr
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Pain meds are not evil and improves the quality of life of many

Are you addicted to food or is it needed for your body to be able to function? Should we ban it because people abuse it and become obese? This blanket condemnation of opioids is plain stupid. Also if done correctly, titrating off of narcotics is not as horrible as being described. This is speaking from personal experience.

Almost all of the opioid overdoses reported in the media are from street drugs being injected by untreated addicts containing who knows what. Do not disagree that we as a society are prescribed too many drugs, narcotics included, but to deny somebody in pain relief from the pain is inhumane.

The first 35 years my pain management was mostly through meditation, but now that my back has given out in order to get in the wheelchair need narcotics. However, because of the new guidelines they put me into palliative care for a month and then to hospice two give me narcotics because of the autonomic dysreflexia caused by the pain.

Here is what other disciples of medicine believe:

Among the groups opposing the new guidelines is the American Cancer Society's Cancer Action Network, which has asked the CDC to withdraw the guidelines, stating that they were based on "limited" and "low quality" evidence. Other organizations that have expressed concern about the guidelines include the American Medical Association, the American Academy of Pain Management, the Oncology Nursing Society, the Interstitial Cystitis Association and the U.S. Pain Foundation.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...providers.html

Comment

However, each person and each situation is different and unique.

Comment

Sounds like all the hard work has been done bud.
            Well done.
            The last hurdle is the mental side of things.
            I'm on 500mg's/day but still get pain.
            Part of life I'm afraid.
            Suppose I only got myself to blame.
            Nobody pushed me into the ocean... I dived.
            C-5 incomplete , walking with crutches. In controlled pain. Respect to all SCI people.

Comment

What does 'pbr' mean?
              C-5 incomplete , walking with crutches. In controlled pain. Respect to all SCI people.

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyC View Post
                What does 'pbr' mean?
                There are actually 4 SCI-Nurses who serve as moderators and use that account. We each sign our posts with our initials.

(KLD)
                The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I?m so terribly sorry for those who find themselves in this position. I was heavily dependent on benzodiazepines, at my peak I was taking 4mg of Xanax a day (it works biochemically like alcohol), and withdrawal and recovery are very difficult demons to beat. I?m here for support if you need someone to talk to.

Comment

I have much respect for this man

Originally posted by Le Todd View Post
                    I?m so terribly sorry for those who find themselves in this position. I was heavily dependent on benzodiazepines, at my peak I was taking 4mg of Xanax a day (it works biochemically like alcohol), and withdrawal and recovery are very difficult demons to beat. I?m here for support if you need someone to talk to.
                    Exactly respect

Comment

Originally posted by Le Todd View Post
                      It's been quite awhile since I've seen you around. Good to have you here.

Comment

Yes - hi Todd. Great to see you.

Comment

Originally posted by David Berg View Post
                          It's been quite awhile since I've seen you around. Good to have you here.
                          Hello! How are you doing?

Comment

Interesting that Opioids are used in hospitals all the time to reduce/eliminate pain in patients. Then they send you home and say take 4 advil and 2 tylenol every 8 hours for pain on the discharge papers. There are many people with static pain levels that live years without escalating dosages and suffer little consequence. Only the governments and DEA now treat the legitimate patients/users as the criminals.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                              Yes - hi Todd. Great to see you.
                              Oh, hello! Likewise.

Comment

Update: I used red bali kratom after going cold turkey and it helped amazingly. As I went to taper off the kratom I did have some problems with loose stool, sleeplessness and restlessness. This lasted several weeks after my last dose.

Comment

Working...
                                X