Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opioids being taken away so pain will soon be back...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

opioids do work for chronic nerve pain, This country has gone crazy with this stuff, When they removed the legally made opioids , the void was filled with china made counterfeit narcotics, The pharmaceutical med users were now introduced to heroin. I saw this coming when they started cracking down on the Rx's Personally i believe it is a Russian operation, supplying the country with a powerful heroin mix , dealers do not want their clients to OD
    cauda equina

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRobison View Post
      "Mike", as another "Mike" I certainly understand your misery. Although I haven't contemplated suicide, I have asked the good Lord to take me at least once a week. Opiods (dilaudid) are the only treatment that has worked at all for me and I've tried everything. I'm currently pursuing medical marijuana; is it legal in your state?

But why is your doctor cutting you off of opiods? Sounds like he/she isn't following the "do no harm" oath. Have you tried another doctor? Post your state; I'm betting that one of us can give you a reference for a doctor.
      It is all of kaiser that is forcing patients to taper off of opioids. Since that is my coverage I can't afford to buy them elsewhere...

Comment

The last thing we needed was government involved in our care and medications, I hope you have found another doctor. I wish there were some lawyers that could sue the insurance companies for their role in these cases. Insurance companies dictating to doctors that chronic pain patients who haven't had a problem in 10+ years must reduce meds and be in pain. because someone else abused meds is malpractice.
        anyone have any idea on how other countries , are doing with the prescribing of opioids to chronic pain patients
        cauda equina

Comment

Well they tapered me down to 37mcg/hr on fentanyl and that was not cutting it for me and after complaining very much and calling the doctor a sadistic bitch and relaying all of the problems I was experiencing they pushed me back up to 50mcg/hr at leas for now. So we'll see. I can live at this level indefinitely so at least for now my suicide is back on track for 2020 rather than sooner which continued reductions in my current pain medication would have caused.

Comment

I'm in touch with that also, about 15 years ago I went down what I called the Narco Highway after a flap surgery. For about 5 years I went from hydrocodone, methadone, OxyContin, oxycodone etc. etc. until it was really messing with my memory, I couldn't remember anything! So I tapered myself for 3 months down to finally get off of everything and once I did, I felt fine. No more pain in my back! My body did reset the pain levels.

but now the only thing that I am taking is hydrocodone (when needed, not every day), tramadol (when needed), diazepam for occasional AD, and temizapan for sleep. It took me a couple years to finally get a regimen that works for me, but I got a new insurance from Blue Cross HMO and the prescribed Dr. decided not to prescribing any of those! I have to go see pain management. Okay, I wouldn't have a problem except the smoke marijuana. And in Texas it's not legal, just CBD oil. So I would have to quit smoking just to get my meds. I don't know if my psychiatrist would prescribe me those. Because I'm changing doctors, just seems like the one I got now just wants to write referrals.
            C4 incomplete since 1985

Comment

Originally posted by nauticalmike View Post
              Well my doctor informed me that they are going to be taking away the pain medication that has been making my life better. So because of this my guess is that i will be committing suicide in the next few months because I am not going back to the constant pain and misery that I experience without them. I guess first I will probably break the law and try to find them illegally, and then once I can't do that I will just end it. My life sucks bad enough with my pain well managed, without that it is absolute hell that is not worth living to me.
              I have had neurological chronic pain since 1994. Initially I used opioids namely morphine and later Methadone for pain. Methadone was way more effective for me. I also was on Stadol NS at the time too. The pain is due to Multiple Sclerosis, and I was also diagnosed with RSD, which is now called CRPS, (chronic regional pain syndrome) after an accident where I sustained a head injury. I?m in a Progressive type of MS but currently holding steady/stable. I went off the opioids about 25 years ago and had some improvements for awhile in the way of unexpected partial remission. The pain came back and since Oregon where I had moved to from California, was already conservative 25 years ago about opioid prescriptions, I turned to medical marijuana. It helped well but I found I would get toxic from the large daily amounts I used to control pain, spasms and also Epileptic seizures. I finally had to stop marijuana after almost 20 years.
              Now I am taking Kratom for pain and having very good results. I have been on a very low dose and have not had to increase the amount in the year since I started it. Some days a little less and bad days a little more, but generally the same dose. There is a lot of good science about the safety and effectiveness and also the FDA is trying hard to ban it, but many states have passed the American Kratom Protection Act, to keep the product available, and clean. If you want to read more on this, go to the American Kratom Association website. The science, current legislation going on state by state, and other useful help.
              I would not be able to cope without it. I?m very sensitive to medication and allergic to many drugs. I have had no side effects or problems with Kratom. Many take this as an alternative to opioids.
              I have Copaiba essential oil also, but it doesn?t hardly do a thing for me. It?s weaker than Tiger Balm in my case.
              Please don?t give up, and if you would like to message me, please do. I also get relief to a lesser degree than Kratom, from
              Kava Kava root, and a couple other herbs like valerian, wild lettuce and Indian pipe. But Kratom is my Godsend.
              Love
              Jnanda
              Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis, Epilepsy, Head Injury, Chronic Pain Disorder

Comment

Are there any gardeners in the house? You know there's a plant that is easy to grow, has pretty flowers on it, and works wonders for pain control. Just dry the plant, grind it up a bit, and make tea with it.
                So much for the war on drugs, lol
                When I realized this, what can I say, life is good
                T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Comment

Originally posted by flying View Post
                  Are there any gardeners in the house? You know there's a plant that is easy to grow, has pretty flowers on it, and works wonders for pain control. Just dry the plant, grind it up a bit, and make tea with it.
                  So much for the war on drugs, lol
                  When I realized this, what can I say, life is good
                  Have you succeeded in gardening?

Comment

Originally posted by Tim C. View Post
                    Have you succeeded in gardening?
                    Yes, it was very easy. And the smoke is great as is the tea. You can get the seeds online.
                    Stuff is super strong, makes the pills seem wimpy.

Comment

Seriously on line?

Comment

We grew ourselves (Oregon) for over 20 years. Yes there are definitely good online sites where you can purchase good quality medical grade seeds.
                        Love,
                        Jnanda
                        Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis, Epilepsy, Head Injury, Chronic Pain Disorder

Comment

Originally posted by Tim C. View Post
                          Seriously on line?
                          Yes online. Got some from China, but they were the wrong kind.
                          But found a great source in the USA.
                          1.5 inch diameter heads.
                          It's so funny we are talking about two different plants, lol
                          But you can get the other kind of seeds on line as well. But most people out here in legal states, like Oregon, use clones.

Comment

I mean..... how would one.....I live in NJ...may I pm? I

Comment

Yes please do. It's all legal, you can eat the seeds on your muffins, but it's illegal to make tea out of it.
                              I believe all plants should be legal.

Comment

I guess all plants should be legal it’s not their fault It’s just what you do with them?

Comment

Working...
                                X