No announcement yet.

cannabis marijuana rectal suppositories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=slow_runner;1843736]I would prefer it in cookie form but chewed, not up the fundimental orifice. As I recall, a body high (cookies) was more pleasant than that from smoking. And better for the lungs.

Tried eating brownies I made with the cannabis oil, and got very stoned, not like the sublingual or suppository feeling at all, but more like smoking IT. Eating IT, is more of a body high then smoking, but still way to high for full time use.

I'm back to using it, every fourth day, so hopefully this will be enough to keep the immune system boost.

One other side affect which took months to get used to was chronic hunger. I'm sure most folks have heard about the munchies, but this was the munchies times ten. Be great if you had cancer or some other disease that affected your appetite, but I don't have any of those, so just sucked it up and went hungry, until it evened out.

Wish someone else would try this out, and give us some feedback.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Comment

I went to see the colon and rectal surgeon, and they said my hemorrhoids did NOT look that bad.. not bad enough for surgery!
      So left with all the over the counter stuff which I continue to try with no great success.

The witch hazel suppositories seem to work the best!

Have to admit the cannabis suppositories definitely had a relaxing effect and I did get better sleep.

As far as I am concerned it's a pretty practical and no nonsense delivery system... and if there is a tiny chance that delivering it locally is a benefit then that is all positive for me.
      It's as close as I can get to applying the oil directly to the hemorrhoids !!!

I'm all out... so have to figure something else to experiment with.

Would love to make a combination Witch Hazel, Cannabis suppository. don't have the raw materials or know how at this point.

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
      Medications (including pot) which are inserted in rectal suppository form do not stay locally. They work by being absorbed by the mucosal lining of the gut and go into the blood stream from there. So while it might be nice to think that if applied rectally they would be more helpful for hemorrhoid pain, that would not be on any scientific basis.

While I have limited experience with medical marijuana, I agree with the comments above about exploring other forms to find one that you can administer orally or by vaping that do not give you unwanted side effects. Medical marijuana dispensaries often have tons of information on the best uses of each of the products they sell.

Have you sought medical/surgical treatment for your hemorrhoids?

I am also going to move this thread over to the Pain forum since it appears to be primarily a pain related use for MJ.

(KLD)
      Last edited by NW-Will; 11-12-2017, 05:47 PM.

Comment

To those who are more knowledgeable on the Cannabis front, and hypothetically you wanted to apply cannabis directly to your ass or in your ass, how would you do it ?

Comment

Oral syringe with a pice of about 1.5" catheter pice on the end of it. Mix oil and coconut oil, half and half in a shot glass, stir with a toothpick. Suck up material and put it where the sun don't shine.
          Nice to do you BM first if possible. Good luck

PS use needle nose pliers to stretch the tubing out on the end going over the oral syringe

Comment

Thanks.
            So you buy the cannabis oil from the store? I guess I have to go to the store and see what kind of oils are available.

And which coconut oil are you using?

Originally posted by flying View Post
            Oral syringe with a pice of about 1.5" catheter pice on the end of it. Mix oil and coconut oil, half and half in a shot glass, stir with a toothpick. Suck up material and put it where the sun don't shine.
            Nice to do you BM first if possible. Good luck

PS use needle nose pliers to stretch the tubing out on the end going over the oral syringe

Comment

NW-Will what state you live in? I use coconut oil from the local store, it's organic, but that's not necessary.

Comment

Thanks for the information.

Southern WA
                Portland Metro

Originally posted by flying View Post
                NW-Will what state you live in? I use coconut oil from the local store, it's organic, but that's not necessary.

Comment

I got a medical marijuana card and I don't like to smoke because it gives me munchies
                  I ate some gummy bears or butter forms of edibles and I just don't like the feeling
                  C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Comment

Originally posted by Mac85 View Post
                    I got a medical marijuana card and I don't like to smoke because it gives me munchies
                    I ate some gummy bears or butter forms of edibles and I just don't like the feeling
                    If you're willing to use suppositories, I have read they are a much more effective means of bioavailability than other methods and you get little to none of the "high" effect.

Comment

THC stands for tetrahydrocannabinol and is the primary active ingredient in cannabis and results in euphoric "high". When smoked the peak effect is 20-30 min and can last 90-120 min after one cigarette.

CBD stands for cannabinol which is found in hemp plants without any psychoactive or intoxicating effects - the active compound is cannabinoid.

Make sure you read the labels of any product you purchase.

I have seen good effects with pain management in people who use the CBD creams for pain management. It doesn't have a broad systemic effect as a cigarette, edible or suppository.

pbr
                      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I still haven't accomplished making my own suppositories yet.
                        I really wanted to work on my own recipe.
                        Centered around Witch Hazel.
                        I've found a source for Witch Hazel Powder... the raw ingredient... but can't find a method to turn the powder into a usable component for suppositories without using alcohol.

If anyone has a clue of what to do with powder I'd love to try it.

I hope to eventually mix it with CBD and coconut oil, and through trial and error hopefully come up with something that works for me... that doesn't cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

cheers.

Comment

$52 - 10 suppositories
                          https://www.cbdschool.com/cbd-suppositories/

https://inhalemd.com/massachusetts-m...ories-at-home/

Comment

Originally posted by NW-Will View Post
                            trying these.... nothing to report so far.

I also like my suppositories chilled!

Comment

I am a vocal opponent of using cannabis as any remedy!
                              Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 02-15-2019, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by squid007 View Post
                                I am a vocal opponent of using cannabis as any remedy!
                                Why?

It would be helpful if you would complete your profile so that we can put your comments in context and understand why you have joined our forums.

(KLD)
                                The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
                                X