Medical Marijuana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medical Marijuana

I'm looking for a doctor in FL who writes scripts for medical marijuana for spasms.

This article has a map you can zoom into your area and hover over the colored dot for the Dr. name and address. Google is a stoners friend.

https://www.leafly.com/news/health/m...florida-mapped
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
    T5/6 complete

Comment

Originally posted by Rook98006 View Post
      This article has a map you can zoom into your area and hover over the colored dot for the Dr. name and address. Google is a stoners friend.

https://www.leafly.com/news/health/m...florida-mapped
      Awesome! Thanks for the info.

Comment

Here's the link to the Florida Office of Medical Marijuana approved doctors: http://www.floridahealth.gov/program...pleted-cme.pdf
        I went to one for neuro pain and the doctor registered me online during the appointment asking questions related to the statute. You have to do your own research about products. Then you get a link and have to fill out your own online application and send in a payment. The website says it takes 30 days for review but Im still waiting at 45 days. To follow up with the FL office, email is quick and phone is impossible. Best Wishes

Comment

Originally posted by Ramblinfree View Post
          Here's the link to the Florida Office of Medical Marijuana approved doctors: http://www.floridahealth.gov/program...pleted-cme.pdf
          I went to one for neuro pain and the doctor registered me online during the appointment asking questions related to the statute. You have to do your own research about products. Then you get a link and have to fill out your own online application and send in a payment. The website says it takes 30 days for review but Im still waiting at 45 days. To follow up with the FL office, email is quick and phone is impossible. Best Wishes
          Thanks for the info! I'm seeing a dr tomorrow. If I qualify for it they will do the application I just have to pay for the card. They said it's taking around 6 weeks.

Comment

Application has been sent in. I was told it is taking about 6 weeks to get your temporary card. The doctor went over CBD and THC. I told him I'm needing it for my spasms and I don't want to be high. He said it will be trial and error. What works for one might not work for another. If anyone is using medical marijuana for spasms I would appreciate any input.

Comment

A friend brought some cbd oil for me to try from Innovative. I only tried it a couple of times at night, and in my opinion, it seemed to reduce spasms. I'm not sure how this product compares to what might be prescribed. I intended to order my own ($60/bottle), but when doing so, I'm not sure it's a legal product. Anyone know?

Comment

A friend of mine brought back some CBD oil infused candy from a legal state (10mg per) and I didn't notice anything. I use maryjane to get high, when the mood strikes me, that's about all it's worth to me. Makes my pain way worse, frankly, but does help me care less about it.
                "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

It works great on my spasms when I eat it, but only if I haven't eaten it for a while. If I make a large batch, the first night my spasms are gone. By the 5th or 6th night there is hardly any decrease in spasms. But I am sleepy, which is great if that is what you are looking for.

Comment

I smoked before my accident but not after, makes the pain worse, but do lessen the spasms.

Comment

So I definitely never smoked weed ever in my life because of my current job. But someone just like me might have smoked weed on occasion for the pleasurable effects both preinjury and a fair few times post injury. This someone might have noted no increase in spams or pain post injury (though to be fair pain is almost exclusively linked to spams for this guy), but an unfortunate trend towards more depressive thoughts while high, making the whole thing rather less enjoyable than in preinjury life when one's thoughts would be about the more simple pleasures in life like cute college chicks and taco bell. That slight downer and the need to maintain clean piss for employment purposes kind of turned me off the whole thing.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I definitely don't want to get high. Just wanting it to help with my spasms so I can get off of the valium I take for the spasms .

Comment

So my personal experience I have a medical marijuana card in Illinois and I have tried almost every form and for me it does I would say help spasms but it makes my pain and just my whole body hurt so so much more. Only thing that helped is they have disposable weed pens and they helped me sleep and spasms I don’t get them bad but did help , the pen doesn’t make you really high like regular smoke and doesn’t last as long witch I liked . But if you are getting oils online most are legal but but but they are only cbd oil so no thc and that’s what you want the cvs oil is a joke doesn’t help me at all. They made the CBd legal in most places but like I said contains no thc. So don’t waist the money on them it’s a rip off . If you want any info or anything send me a message anyone I’ll help or give you any info I have . Also if you want to see what most shops will have here is a link to where I go and what they have and prices that you should especially to pay also these places are cash only and insurance doesn’t help at all just an fyi.
                          http://www.3cdispensary.com/naperville-menu-2/

Comment

Also I saw someone post about working and doin weed not sure but I imagine even if you have a medical card they might not hire you brcsuse it stimulates you and they can say it wouldn’t be safe in the work environment so if you do get a card and goin for a job I recomentbstsying clean until you get the job and I wouldn’t tell them you have a card justvso it doesn’t affect you getting one I mean I have a card I don’t use it much but i made sure I was clean and didn’t tell them I had it before I did drug test . Just a little heads up to avoid any negative affects

Comment

For anyone who does partake for pleasure including a feeling of being more physically relaxed. What are the pros and cons of vaping vs smoking in your experience? Cost, convenience, performance???
                              "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
                              T5/6 complete

Comment

Working...
                              X