Stiffness of My Joints in The Knee and Hip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stiffness of My Joints in The Knee and Hip

Good evening everyone. For the last month or so I've been experiencing severe stiffness in my hips and especially my knees. It's to the point where when I'm sitting in my chair it'll be very hard to extend my legs out by bending outward. It's like my knees have glue in them or something. Extremely frustrating and hard to deal with as it affects a lot of activities I do.

Does anyone know what this could be ? Also, are there any remedies to fixing this stiffness ?

Thanks so much in advance !
    www.adventuresofcolinandheather.blogspot.com !

it could be an increase in muscle tone (spasticity that doesn't resolve in twitching) that in turn, is affected your joints.

It helps to keep moving, use of anti spasmodics ( baclofen) may be helpful and a good provider to assess your symptoms and if the increased muscle tone is resulting in pain.

pbr
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

If you are able to move, maybe taking 4-5 "motion breaks" on a daily basis to carefully and gently move a bit. For example, extending your legs to the point where you are able and making certain to move, in tandem with your breathing. Working with breath has helped me more than anything.

Comment

Working...
      X