Why does nerve pain get worse at night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pain worse when lying down

My intuition/imagination - non-medical person that I am, I have a theory about this situation. For about the past six years or so when ever I lay down flat on the bed the pain becomes twice as bad as the always present daily pain (4 to 7) it jumps to 10 and lately is keeping me awake for way to long.

My theory is this; when we are sitting the vertebrae is compressed pinching nerves cutting off some signals to the brain that register pain. When we have been up for hours the pain is therefore 'numbed down'. When we lay down all of the vertebrae (s) open up allowing ALL the pain signals to head to our brains.

Could this be possible?????????
    Gary Is = L-1 Para for 34 years.....................
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

With our crazy situations, anything is possible (nonprofessional opinion.) Personally, I don't feel any worse laying down. I actually feel better in some aspects. I don't feel quite as crooked as I do sitting up, my shoulder blades feel like they are protruding a bit less through my skin. Otherwise, everything feels about the same-abdomen, back, legs, feet, hands, etc.
      Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Comment

are your using ketamine

Originally posted by ketamine kitty View Post
        you go alan. I can't bother with is it 9.9 9.5 10 WTF it is always f'ing agony

ket
        KK - Question, have or are your using ketamine. I recently read an article that ketamine is becoming the new anti depression drug.

Is it available to the general public yet?

Gary
        Gary Is = L-1 Para for 34 years.....................
        ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

The way I've been able to make the pain go down is alcohol. A couple martinis do the trick. That'll bring it a 5 instead of 8.
          C-5/6, 7-9-2000
          Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Comment

Does anyone experience the stabbing pain that comes right out your big toe over and over!!!!this just started 2 months ago? It feels as though it will blow up!

Comment

Originally posted by stacyd View Post
              Does anyone experience the stabbing pain that comes right out your big toe over and over!!!!this just started 2 months ago? It feels as though it will blow up!
              Any chance your A1C is raising dramatically or you are in the process of getting/coming down with Diabetes ? Have you asked your doctor? Lots of things can be the cause of random pain. But circulation has a lot to do with such pain.

Comment

My worst pain is when I'm conscious.

من النظرة الثانية
                Last edited by fighterboy; 05-19-2015, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Stacyd, you might want to have your doctor check you for gout...just to be on the safe side. The big toe is a very common spot for pain from gout. My nephrologist found gout when he ran a bunch of blood tests on me.

Comment

I have something of the same, its only on my left side(which is my worst side thanks to a syrinx) but if my big toe touches ANYTHING it feels like it's on fire and going to burst.I have to prop it up at night so it doesn't touch stuff, it burns all the time but the touch makes it go from a 5 to a 9!!! I also have days where it feel like my toenails are being ripped off.

Ambien knocks me out, thank goodness, other wise I am in tears till I finally fall asleep.

Comment

Working...
                    X