Pain - giving up the search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ketamine kitty View Post
    seems I'm over medicated and they will ratchet down my meds, dizzy, fall down, extremely poor gait, confusion, slurred speech.

never did much for pain but up comes the spasticity.

life sucks

ket
    I'm really sorry your problems keep ratcheting up.

Life does suck. There's a reason that my wish every new year is to be out of my misery before the next one.

I hope they quickly get your meds to a level that help some without messing you up.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Comment

With the advent of the legalization of Pot is there a possibility of trying that for your pain problems. There are stories that run the gamut of the spectrum of results for control of pain. However, living my life in a stupor is not something I favor. But someone has to ask, and try to see if you can be a part of some sort of clinical study, or the like. Maybe you have already tried/asked about this option.

I don't know where Maryland stands in the legalization/decriminalization process, if at all. But I for one am very interested in seeing just what value this drug has as a pain killing option.

Comment

tried many varieties strains all greatly intensify my Central Pain issues. Sigh. Have a card for it and access to medical grade and varietals but still a bad thing. Once in a blue moon when feeling better than usual I'll try to get just a touch buzzed for relief but usually sorry I even try.

If you read the pain boards and look at CPs you'll see many similar comments. good for some things but really detrimental for others.

ket

Comment

Thanks for the answer, sorry I haven't a magic pill for you. Just keep your head up keep trying "stuff" and do not dispair

Comment

ket,
            you tried the ketamine pain relef coma right?. didn't work i guess. when one realizes how amazing anesthesia is, with the amnesia it produces, otherwise we all would be having ptsd type brain injuries from the surgery.
            I would like to try the ketamine coma, disconnect those pain paths,
            cauda equina

Comment

Originally posted by metronycguy View Post
              ket,
              you tried the ketamine pain relef coma right?. didn't work i guess. when one realizes how amazing anesthesia is, with the amnesia it produces, otherwise we all would be having ptsd type brain injuries from the surgery.
              I would like to try the ketamine coma, disconnect those pain paths,
              mmmm I was turned down for the coma. Per the Researcher, in all trials there was no efficacy for Central Pain, my doc asked for a compassionate exemption but it was turned down. I was prescribed ketamine with no efficacy, dosed til I went into the K hole with nothing.

sounds good, seems best for phantom limb, mastectomy.

I'm not current it was a while ago

ket

Comment

i have neuropathic pain from cauda equine syndrome, plus a diagnose of crps/rsd
                central pain is different,even though i thought it was the same but information that des posted explained the CP

i need a endocrinology dept that takes WC and is is familiar with long term pain management effects and a Doctor to consult about a Mace procedure,preferably one that performs a lot of mace on soon to be 60years olod adult.
                mount Sinai is failing me.
                but i barely have enough good days to research this,

plus my WC carrier causing me problems, calling my psychiatrist office and telling them to arrange for a drug test for me.
                I find that disturbing and i believe it has affected the doctor patient relationship.
                cauda equina

Comment

Working...
                X