Nerve Pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nerve Pain

Is nerve pain worse in a more severe injury or does it make no difference?

In my case c4-6 IC of 7 years the pain of an incomplete injury has been more "complete" than the injury. So people say 'you look good" etc but damn the pain is miserable.

Comment

Neuropathic pain is not a matter of how bad the overall injury is, it depends on injury to the sensory nerves. Once you involve those, it doesn't necessarily take much.

Comment

how is yours? There is no rules like Dave B said. Sometimes incomplete injuries have more than completes but that doesn't always hold true. If you got it, be glad that it ain't worse than it is cause it can get really bad. So bad that it will make a sane person lose it.

Comment

Originally posted by arndog View Post
          how is yours? There is no rules like Dave B said. Sometimes incomplete injuries have more than completes but that doesn't always hold true. If you got it, be glad that it ain't worse than it is cause it can get really bad. So bad that it will make a sane person lose it.
          Mine is mild to moderate.Its worse in my legs after I move and stretch them but even then it's not too bad.Even then,it's not exactly pain but a cold or burning feeling around my knees.Over all,nowhere near as bad as a lot of people.

Comment

Is there any research or anecdotal information on:
            1. Balance between pain and exercise. Sometimes exercise feels like a lose/lose scenario. Other times it is better than drugs.
            2. Numb the pain with meds vs put up with it and the longer term consequences of these two decisions?

Comment

Originally posted by drxcski View Post
              Is there any research or anecdotal information on:
              1. Balance between pain and exercise. Sometimes exercise feels like a lose/lose scenario. Other times it is better than drugs.
              2. Numb the pain with meds vs put up with it and the longer term consequences of these two decisions?
              Read this post and listen to the lectures to learn about what pain is and isn't: http:///forum/showthread.php?230691-...e-its-severity It helped me a lot!
              Don - Grad Student Emeritus
              T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Comment

is there any new meds to treat neuropathic pain? i am on neurontin and it knocks it down a bit but if i could get it fully gone my life would improve dramatically. thinking about getting the stimulator put in. heard it has helped alot of people. any thoughts?
                Josh S.
                T6 complete as of 7/17/03

Comment

Neuro Pain

Originally posted by Donno View Post
                  Read this post and listen to the lectures to learn about what pain is and isn't: https://www.carecure.net/forum/showt...e-its-severity It helped me a lot!

Thanks i have began working through the lectures. Got deep into one and realized that one of the things i do to help pain is get some sleep. Thanks again. I will follow up with some comment.

Comment

Originally posted by joshstevens7 View Post
                    is there any new meds to treat neuropathic pain? i am on neurontin and it knocks it down a bit but if i could get it fully gone my life would improve dramatically. thinking about getting the stimulator put in. heard it has helped alot of people. any thoughts?
                    I know of no treatments for neuropathic pain that can make it go away completely. The best we can offer at this time are treatments that reduce the pain to tolerable levels. This is true of medications, as well as modalities such as spinal cord stimulators, intrathecal medications, TENS units, acupuncture, etc. etc. etc.

(KLD)
                    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

all i know is i have been living with this pain for almost 11 years and i am about to lose it. it seems to be all i think about, and messes with my mood and life. im starting to get desperate with getting it knocked down because my lower belly and all of my legs are constantly in pain. only time i dont feel it is when i am asleep and in the pool swimming. i cant spend 24/7 asleep in the pool or i would haha
                      Josh S.

Comment

what meds do you take right now, or what therapy? i am on gabapentin 800mg 2xday. i know you can get on much more but i tried it and didnt get any different results.
                        Josh S.

Comment

This is a list of what I take for my pain, Baclofen 2/20mg 3 times a day, Escitalopram 10MG 1 a day, Lyrica 100mg 4x a day, Oxycodone 7.5/325 as needed, Diazepam 5MG as needed.

I've been taking the Lyrica for a little over a year and it's helped some but I still couldn't stand the pain in my lower abdomen. For the most part I was still miserable and wishing I just wouldn't wake up one morning as indicated by some of my posts.
                          Then about two months ago my Dr. Put me on Escitalopram and it's improved my lower abdominal pain and depression or vice versa. Is my lower abdominal pain gone not by any means but it's at a level most guys and Gals on here might sell their souls to have. Which is why I often find myself wondering why I'm bitching when so many other people have it much worse than what I'm going through.

Anyhow that's the skinny for me, I wish everyone success in finding something to ease or hopefully take your pain away altogether!
                          Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. .(John Wayne)

Comment

Hey Cowboy, I'm so glad you found some relief. Really happy for you since I know how much you were suffering. Congrats.

Comment

well i think i am going to make an appt to see a psychiatrist and talk about all my problems to start. maybe they will put me on something to help my depression. maybe they will say i should go talk to the pain managment dr again about trying the stimulator. this is my first step to prgressing to where i need to be. i just want this neuropathic pain to ease up. my quality of life would be so much better and i think i would get my ambition back again.
                              Josh S.

Comment

Working...
                              X