Suicide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=ketamine kitty;1709327]"

My 4 kids? 1 of whom shows up once a year? the closest in town never visited me or sat with me during any of the spinal surgery recoveries, visited 2x in the 8-10 times I've been in hospital.

There has to be a cause for that dont you think? Some people want to have kids and cant. Some guys here who suffered a SCI want to have family but dont find a man/woman or simply cant have one. I hear you having a hell of pain and dont feel good , but you have to do the best of it!!!! There are people out there living with no food and simply die and nobody asks about those people....be strong and go on! IMO this thread is kind of senseless because such discussions should be on another board and not on CC

Comment

In Oregon we have an assisted suicide law for terminal patience, the Swiss have gone one step farther and allow for non terminal people to use this law. IMO we need to upgrade are state law. If a person of sound mind goes before some kind of board with there life circumstances, and meet certain criteria (massive chronic pain for instance) then they should be able to have help with end of life. If my wife, who I love, was in this boat, I would certainly help her go. I've had just a taste of this pain, and if it was all over most of the time, well you get the picture. Where is the compassion, why does everyone have to hang in there to the very last minuet. My mother was in her early 70s when see decided that she had had enough, we told her to come live with us, but she decided to end her life on her own terms. I'm not talking about, shit I'm having a bad day, but a well though out, and talked about reality check. WE NEED MORE COMPASSION IN THIS WORLD.
      Ask yourself if you would vote for this upgrade to are law, would you use this law, how would you feel about others who did.
      David
      T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Comment

Originally posted by KK11 View Post
        Originally posted by ketamine kitty View Post
        "
        There has to be a cause for that dont you think? Some people want to have kids and cant. Some guys here who suffered a SCI want to have family but dont find a man/woman or simply cant have one. I hear you having a hell of pain and dont feel good , but you have to do the best of it!!!! There are people out there living with no food and simply die and nobody asks about those people....be strong and go on! IMO this thread is kind of senseless because such discussions should be on another board and not on CC
        So Ketamine is a shitty father and because others have problems out there, his don't matter. I do love the irony of being schooled on what's senseless from a German.

Comment

[QUOTE=KK11;1709339]
          "

My 4 kids? 1 of whom shows up once a year? the closest in town never visited me or sat with me during any of the spinal surgery recoveries, visited 2x in the 8-10 times I've been in hospital.

There has to be a cause for that dont you think?

Really this is what it comes to, personal attacks? and you feel perfect enough to judge me? You know what I have/have not done?

talk to me 11 in 11 more years newbie. And I truly hope you end up with Central Pain Syndrome to the nth degree, something I've never wished on anyone. On top of whatever your SCI is.

I cannot respond, I feel rage at your insensitive and completely unknowledgeable response / statement.

I mean are you for real????

Comment

[QUOTE=KK11;1709339]
            "

seriously, dude? attacking someone in a thread like this is grossly out of bounds. just because someone else is having issues with finding/creating a family DOES NOT mean you get to bash ket. just because others are suffering doesnt mean he has to be quiet about his. have some compassion.
            "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
            http://www.elportavoz.com/

Comment

This thread makes me want to blow my brains out.
              Just another tricky day. C5/6 incomplete, 43 years out.

You'll get through.

Comment

Originally posted by Le Type Français View Post
                So Ketamine is a shitty father and because others have problems out there, his don't matter. I do love the irony of being schooled on what's senseless from a German.
                Well , if you attack me cause Im german then thumbs up. I will get over it

Second , I didnt attack someone and I never said that ketamine is a shitty father did I?

Ketamine , didnt judge you with 1 word.... Thanks for wishing me pain!! Maybe someday your dream comes true and I´ll get some.

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Paul View Post
                  This thread makes me want to blow my brains out.
                  are you being facetious? if not, i encourage you to seek help.
                  "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
                  http://www.elportavoz.com/

Comment

Let's not have a thread meltdown.

KK, more than one person felt your comments were insensitive, including myself. Instead of defending, why not seek to understand why we feel they are insensitive?

Paul is totally joshing. Is that judging if he isn't? Joke

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                      Let's not have a thread meltdown.

KK, more than one person felt your comments were insensitive, including myself. Instead of defending, why not seek to understand why we feel they are insensitive?
                      If my comment was too insensitive then I apologize....but I didnt make a personal attack with one word. Francais judged me cause Im german you should rather think about those terms I would suggest but again if it was too insensitive than sorry....

Comment

Originally posted by crypticgimp View Post
                        are you being facetious? if not, i encourage you to seek help.
                        Look how this thread has degenerated into silly quibbling. It started out serious enough but now it's so off track as to be pointless.
                        Just another tricky day. C5/6 incomplete, 43 years out.

You'll get through.

Comment

And this isn't a pointless topic. It should never have gotten off track.

Comment

This is not something trivial and the aftermath is at best problematic to survivors.

Very, one of my best friends walked in on her husband dying. It was tragic, I understood why he wanted to do it. When we all heard the reasoning we were broken but knowing him, it made sense. Mercifully he did die at the hospital.

preparing family, what would you want said to you. what would you say.

I love you all, I know you want more time with me and I want more time with you; but I’m just not me anymore. Explain why calmly, rationally. If the pain continues to escalate, I would rather go out of this life on my own terms enjoying as much as I can and spending quality time with you. I have not made this decision lightly.
                            (they will never comprehend the level of pain, even amongst our own groups we have different levels of pain)
                            I gave my mother-in-law two journals when she was diagnosed with advanced colon cancer. I knew she had given up by her manner and actions. I wanted her to write letters in each journal one for her husband one for her son to also be shared with our son. A book of letters, or a journal for you family members to share, reminiscing, recalling, reminding would be good for them. I held on to each memory of my Grandmother and Grandfather with steel claws. Wishing I had more. More, memories, more pictures, more than one letter. Give them their “more” tell them everything good you want them to hold on to.

I hope that this reply helps from a the perspective of a friend sharing loss with a friend; the things she wanted, suffering personal loss and the things I would want said to me, having a chance to say all i never got to say.

I also think that things like this do need to be discussed among friends and those who've suffered a loss share what they held most dear and would want to have and to hold on to from the person leaving this world.
                            Last edited by lavenderthistle; 18 Jun 2013, 10:22 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
                            CCS/Walker C6...it's a long story

Comment

Originally posted by KK11 View Post
                              Well , if you attack me cause Im german then thumbs up. I will get over it
                              Well, that part was flippant. But why would you ask a father why do you think his children don't visit him? That usually implies something wrong about the father. That's the way I read it.

Comment

Had a shitty day.

Let's all pull a Heaven't Gate ending ... I AM JOKING! lol Maybe they'll fund a f*cking cure then ... but I'm more afraid people would just go, "Oh that's too bad," and move on. Surely that would happen. #Off2Bed
                                Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Working...
                                X