No announcement yet.

Question regarding missing a single dose of Lyrica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure what his plans are for the Lyrica... I think he just got tired of gobbling pills, and feeling like all the doctors were doing was adding MORE pills to combat the side effects of the pills, which added more side effects It would be nice to not have to take so much Lyrica. I'm still waiting to see how it works out, ..

Comment

I take 150mg 3-4 times a day depending on when I get up. If I miss a dose Neuro pain gets bad quickly, not fun
      T11 Asia A after near-fatal bike crash.. Just happy to still be here

No, I didn't loose my mind... It got scared and ran away!!

Comment

On lyrica 100 mg 3x a day. If I miss 2 doses in a row I can feel the pain intensify for sure.

Comment

Sounds like a lot of people here are on 150mg three times a day, namely, 450 mg per day including me. I guess we could go up another 150 mg per day to max out at 600 mg/day. I question if that would really help. I am frosted that there is such an increase in symptoms after missing or delaying a dose by a few hours. I don't buy that it is just the neuropathic pain increasing - I think it is somehow a withdrawal effect worsened by being on Lyrica. My hats off to all those who said - f it. I am going off everything.
          1800 dollars a year saving if I could get off Lyrica. It is fun thinking of having that cash available. Oh well...

Comment

My experience with gabapentin (have never taken lyrica) was similar. If I would miss a dose my neuro pain would shoot up, but once I got off it altogether it turns out it was in reality doing nothing at all for my pain. It was a false relief in other words, all it did was alleviate the withdrawal symptoms but my baseline pain on or off the drug was no different.

Of course different drug/different pain but interesting nonetheless.

Originally posted by arndog View Post
            Sounds like a lot of people here are on 150mg three times a day, namely, 450 mg per day including me. I guess we could go up another 150 mg per day to max out at 600 mg/day. I question if that would really help. I am frosted that there is such an increase in symptoms after missing or delaying a dose by a few hours. I don't buy that it is just the neuropathic pain increasing - I think it is somehow a withdrawal effect worsened by being on Lyrica. My hats off to all those who said - f it. I am going off everything.
            1800 dollars a year saving if I could get off Lyrica. It is fun thinking of having that cash available. Oh well...

Comment

T8- maybe that is worth revisiting. So you are taking neither Lyrica or Gabapentin? Oh BTW - my son is moving to SF tomorrow. So let's plan a visit one of these days....

Comment

I sure wish there were a definite way to know if it helps the pain! Frustrating, but if it helps at all, for me it is definitely worth it, even if I'm dependent on it.

Ps. T8burst, Your disclaimer made me laugh.
                http://www.laughwithmecrywithme.com
                my website & blog

Comment

Originally posted by arndog View Post
                  T8- maybe that is worth revisiting. So you are taking neither Lyrica or Gabapentin? Oh BTW - my son is moving to SF tomorrow. So let's plan a visit one of these days....
                  No, all I take is methadone, valium and baclophen. It was a bit of an adventure getting off gabapentin but once off it I realized it did nothing for me. Anytime, it would be great to hang in person.

T

Comment

I am going to start dropping the dose of Lyrica for the 3rd or 4th time over 10 years, ever hopeful despite lack of success before, Taking the med is not making me take less opiates and valium so what is the point? My wife is betting against my success. I'll just taper off slow, see what happens, and report back. It would be so nice to have 150 dollars a month for 3 tanks of gasoline. One less drug would be great. This will probably take a month to sort out if it works...

Comment

If you try a very slow taper, like 10% per week, you might have better success discontinuing the Lyrica. A google search for 'tapering off Lyrica' should give some insight as to how others have managed it. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                      X