No announcement yet.

Crack in butt burning like hell.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get burning butt. Itch feels like burn too though. make sure you have no yeast growing there. maybe some tinactin powder will help. or jock itch spray.

it can't hurt to try anyway.

Comment

I use the spray on my butt to dry up some skin problems. Little bumps.

The Doc sent me amitriptyline in a 25mg tablet. Ingested the medicine at 10pm and it knocked me out until 5am, never moved an inch. Since I am a C5/6 Quad and spend the night by myself sleeping, I really need to sleep lightly, which I always have, to be aware of bad weather situations, mechanical problems with the house, vandals and intruders. Had to chase away some thieves once and called state troopers twice. Never helped much with the pain, at least from 5am on. Can't say about earlier.

Have requested to try the lidocaine patch, lyrica or diazepam.
      Last edited by forestranger52; 05-08-2013, 07:48 PM.
      C 5/6 Comp.
      No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

that will give you really nutty dreams, but I think it did help my burn at first.

Comment

Originally posted by jody View Post
          that will give you really nutty dreams, but I think it did help my burn at first.
          Yeah, I do believe I did some flying that night. Took me about 45 minutes and repeated attempts to get this quad body to begin to move in the morning.
          C 5/6 Comp.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

The VA pharmacy turned down the Lidocaine patches now the pharmacy insists that I try raising my neurontin dosage from 400mg 4 x day, to 600mg 4 x day (just finshed) and now 800mg 4 x day. Has not made a bit of difference to terrible burning butt pain.

Hope the pharmacy will let me actually try what the Doctor orderes this time.
            C 5/6 Comp.

Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Medical Marijuana is what I finally ended up with after trying a lot of the normal stuff everyone takes. The only way any of it worked was if I was so doped up I could not remember my own name. So I got a card and try to smoke as little as possible, (once or twice a day) and it has made all the difference for me. But everyone is different, hope you find something that works for you.
              T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Comment

Can taking large doses of neurontin cause eyes to blur? Today after reading for a while, my eyes started getting worse and worse. It has been happening more often now that my dosage was doubled almost 2 weeks ago.

One thing, it has not helped my burning butt one bit. Need to dump this stuff as soon as possiuble. Hurts like hell right now. I am just begining to understand how terribly devestating this type of pain can be to you folks who have it bad. Damn these SCI's. People can be so courageous.
                Last edited by forestranger52; 06-09-2013, 07:34 PM.
                C 5/6 Comp.

Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

forestranger52 - you are correct that visual side effects are common.

Comment

Originally posted by arndog View Post
                    forestranger52 - you are correct that visual side effects are common.

Are they consistent or intermittent?
                    2012 SCINetUSA Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
                    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Comment

Starts becoming blured in late afternoon. Could be on computer all day before with no problem.
                      C 5/6 Comp.

Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                      X