Buprenorphine patch experiences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buprenorphine patch experiences

I have been on methadone for a while, it does an adequate job of controlling both my neuropathic pain (mostly the dreaded feet on fire) as well as my somatic pain. It has the fun side effect of constipation, my doctor suggested I try butrans (the seven day buprenorphine patch) to see if I got the same relief without crapping pool balls.

Has anyone tried it? Specifically was it effective and was it less consipating than methadone or any other pill type opiod?

TIA
    El Bursto

Hi t8burst, I use those patches, have been using them for about 18 months. Can't say whether they make much difference to the pain but I don't suffer with constipation from using them.
    There is one problem with them, they cause skin inflammation under the patch, so best to put them below your level of sensation as they itch and when you take the patch off there is a nasty red area.

Comment

Originally posted by t8burst View Post
      I have been on methadone for a while, it does an adequate job of controlling both my neuropathic pain (mostly the dreaded feet on fire) as well as my somatic pain. It has the fun side effect of constipation, my doctor suggested I try butrans (the seven day buprenorphine patch) to see if I got the same relief without crapping pool balls.

Has anyone tried it? Specifically was it effective and was it less consipating than methadone or any other pill type opiod?

TIA
      El Bursto
      T8,

Did you ever try this and did you get any relief from them? My Dr. just called them in for me for my neuro pain since it's so elevated when I've got some other ailment going on. I was RX'd the 10mcg/hr strength.

Thanks,

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by jbridges9 View Post
        T8,

Did you ever try this and did you get any relief from them? My Dr. just called them in for me for my neuro pain since it's so elevated when I've got some other ailment going on. I was RX'd the 10mcg/hr strength.

Thanks,

Jason
        Still on the methadone and haven't tried the patch yet.

Comment

Has anyone tried the BuTrans patch yet? I've been wearing the maximum dose (20mcg/hr) for 4 days and haven't noticed anything yet. The first day or two my pain seemed a little better but now I think it is causing insomnia. I don't want to take them off if there's still potential time for them to work but if I've worn it for 4 days and nothing really does that mean it's not going to help?

Comment

Working...
          X