This pain is making me fucking crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Katja View Post
    I'm so sorry. I hope you get some relief soon.

Rant away as needed.
    Thanks Katja :-) A night's sleep helps andthough I feel the same in body, venting last night and my girlfriend's great company helped me get me thinking better. I talked to her about having much worse pain and feeling pretty happy. I started feeling better about everything after I vented and talked.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Lin View Post
      I recently started seeing a new therapist, I plan on trying to discuss with her things like denial and coping with chronic pain. We've talked about the denial before, I use it so much too.

I'm so sorry about your nightmare. I have this one repeating nightmare a lot... Though its actually been a little while since the last time I had it, I wonder if my wheelchair has helped it... But in real life when I try to push myself too hard my joints and muscles in my legs just give out and won't support me anymore. In the dreams I'm always somewhere and my legs have completely given out. I keep trying to pull myself up to a standing position but every time I do I just fall back down. So I'll be grabbing on to things with my arms, dragging myself along in a panic trying to get somewhere. I'm terrified of people seeing me like that, but yet when someone does pass me in the dream they don't even seem to notice that I'm dragging myself along. Being disabled can make you feel so helpless and scared.
      Lin wrote: "Being disabled can make you feel so helpless and scared. "

Yep, that's it. Your dream doesn't seem so different than mine. It gets better having people to talk to. CC is great :-)

Comment

Working...
      X