What to do with butt pain.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do with butt pain.

Well Getting feeling back is a blessing and a curse. Im 27 and suffering from having the butt of a 65 yearold man! In other words I have no butt to talk about I use to be able to crack peanut shells with my butt flexs but not anymore. I am able to somewhat flex my rearend but not enough to help. The pain im experiencing in not nerve pain burning but sitting on my hip bones where my leg meets the hip from the lack of butt fat. Is there something like botox that would help?

butt pain

you have a nerve plexus there and that may well be the culprit. I have this issueand cant sit much anymore. Sorry no answer but look at nerve meds, didnt help me but does some

Ket
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

Comment

I have NO butt most pants etc would slide right off me belts helped a little ANYWAY since my accident I have even less I have gotten two steriod injections in my left peraphormace(spelling) butt muscle & the next will be botox which is suppose last longer although I am getting them for different reason it does seem to help with my bony butt vs chair pain. since I have some saddle numbness unfortunately not there. Hope my rambling makes sense to you

Comment

silversol, soon after my injury in '95 I began experiencing what they at Shepherd called "burning butt". When the pain gets bad it feels like I'm sitting on a grill. They put me on Elavil/Amitriptyline and it has worked for me all these years. The pain is always there but to different 'degrees', it actually feels like fire.

I am assuming you went to Shepherd, m surgeon was Herndon Murray, how about you?

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
          silversol, soon after my injury in '95 I began experiencing what they at Shepherd called "burning butt". When the pain gets bad it feels like I'm sitting on a grill. They put me on Elavil/Amitriptyline and it has worked for me all these years. The pain is always there but to different 'degrees', it actually feels like fire.

I am assuming you went to Shepherd, m surgeon was Herndon Murray, how about you?

Jim
          yes sir I have met doctor murray he was on my floor. I did not have any surgery since nothing in my back was broken, This pain im having it not nerve pain. I use to have bad burning but I really dont have the burning pain anymore I am very lucky in that aspect the pain im having is pressure pain from my lack of a butt

Comment

I have been having butt pain for about 5 years or so. I assume my butt is of a 70 or 80 year old man though I am 56 years old. My problme is I have to still figure out if my pain is simply pressure pain or nerve paing or combined. I am confused because I feel still pain mildly even when I don't sit though sitting obviously cause more pain. Can any relate to my problem?

Comment

Jim
              Jim, I wonder if "burning butt" is even when you don't apply any pressure to butt or only when with pressure

Comment

@silversol -- this sounds like what you're looking for: body fat transplants/transfers
                It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Comment

Yup, many of us have the burning butt. Someone just asked about it in another thread...

It does probably start with neuropathic pain, and this is why it can burn even if you aren't sitting on your butt. For my Dad, it gets worse when he exercises (he is incomplete) and if he sits too long. Pain meds (neurontin, and sometimes a little Tylenol #3) help, and sometimes getting off his butt (standing or lying in bed on his side) help too. He's also just gotten "used to it" and can tolerate more pain before he needs to do something about it...

Also, all of his nerve pain gets worse if he is tired, or if he has an infection brewing.

Comment

My burning decreases if i exercise regularly. Laying on my stomach helps, I go to sleep like that every night. The change of seasons flares it up. I have quite a temperamental butt.

Comment

Jim
                      I went thru Shepherd in the spring of 93. I have some feeling in my butt and also get the "burning butt" from time to time. It seems to bother me more in the warmer months and also if I wear pants thinner than say Levi's or carhart's. Also I use a foam cushion whereas in the begining I was on a Jay and damn that cushion was so uncomfortable. The ppl at Shepherd's seating clinic told me that some ppl with feeling can't handle a Jay type cushion, so they got me to try an Uti-mate foam cushion and man did that feel so much better.
                      SCI Birthday: April 25, 1993
                      T4,5,6 Incomplete
                      Chair: TiLite TR3

Comment

I am a t8 complete and I have severe butt burn every waking moment of my life. It doesn't matter if I'm in the wheelchair on my butt or in bed on my side. I'f I'm awake, I'm on fire. I had two DREZ surgeries in 2003 to try to rid myself of the devil inside, but neither worked. I use 50mcg/hr fentanyl patches and 150 mg of Lyrica a day to try to knock the edge off. Sometimes I think it helps a little, but most of the time it doesn't do s**t. Best of luck. No one should have to endure this.

Comment

Im using 50 fentanyl, x48hrs, and 1 oxicodone every other day. Sometimes though your ass is just going to be on fire. luckily it is not a constant thing for me, that ass burn.

Comment

I married mine.

Comment

My butt burns like crazy and the fire hurts and feels like hell. It actually feels like the worst diaper rash ever, simmilar to when I had been felling burning trees all day long, sweating like hell and could not wait until I got home and smeared a handfull olf vasiline jelly between my cheeks. AHHHHH!

I don't know what causes it now but the same thing still helps. The Doc gives me some Calmoseptine and it helps but it is dificult to cover my crack area well. Heating the tube in a microwave helps.

What I use is Bag Balm and I buy two - 4.5 lb tubs every 6 weeks to 2 months. Properly covered the burning can be stopped but my aids don't always get it right, LIKE NOW and the pain is terrible. If the least little spot is missed, OUCH.

Butt when its covered well, tranquility. Makes a hell of a mess on your pants, though. To clean we scrape the Bag Balm off with a bondo spreader, soak in degreaser and wash.

Wish there was a better/ cleaner/ cheaper way.
                              Last edited by forestranger52; 26 Sep 2012, 5:02 PM.
                              C 5/6 Comp.
                              No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                              X