Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Depression and suicide lines........

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Thanks to everyone support here I did get my meds back and I owe it to everyone here .

    I was able to get a good night of sleep and the "bad feelings " have left this morning. But I really cant believe that I was or NEED these meds as much as I do , I never thought of myself as a dependant person I was raised to get things done and just buckle down to do what needs to be done.

    And after a time of reading some of my posts that I made I cant believe that I was in such a mess . And sorry if anyone took any offence to what I might have posted and I dont want to hurt anyone here.

    But I do want to put out there that since I have been on this forum I have asked for a lot more help here than I have offered so from now on I want to extend help in any way that I can for YOU ALL here.

    I have a lot of machinery and a Computer Controlled Router that I can make pieces or nameplates or anything I can ussually get done , I can also weld TIG and MIG or stick (for those who know those Types of welds) so anything I can do for anyone here I will do ASAP ..

    But I want to extend my complete sanity to everyone here for taking the time to respond and acctually you might have saved my life if I did not get back on here at 2am during the start of this depression...

    THANK YOU ALL
    Gary
    T-10 ,,1980,,

    Comment


      #17
      gary, sometimes pain just makes you damn crazy. period. and sucking it up and dealing is fine but sometimes you also need to know when to ask for help.

      and that is the hardest part. we think we can do it, be "strong" but no battle was ever won singlehandedly by one person.

      giving back does indeed help!
      "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
      http://www.elportavoz.com/

      Comment


        #18
        Gary, I am delighted that you slept well and got your meds back and are feeling better! Pain like that is too formidable to deal with alone, and thank goodness we can be here for one another in good times and bad!
        MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

        Comment


          #19
          Ok...

          (((((((((group hug for Gary!!!)))))))))

          Glad you feel better!

          Comment


            #20
            This shit gets harder as we age .. I have a feeling it's the paraplegic component of always being independent that comes into play. Especially when maintaining that independence becomes .. cumbersome .. and frustrating. There's a certain fear in painful shoulders or wrists and loss of strength and endurance.

            I just tripled my anti-depressant, though I have yet to claim the script. 27yrs this summer.
            Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

            T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

            Comment


              #21
              I put it down to shear boredom
              once i'm working, lecturing, arguing or up to my neck in a build project
              Don't have time to get depressed or even think i'm chair bound
              1 year 6 months post
              BTW Jenny i am not judgemental but explosive and emotional
              in saying so you are being judgemental yourself

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by peterf View Post
                BTW Jenny i am not judgemental but explosive and emotional
                in saying so you are being judgemental yourself
                Let's not try to ruin gary's thread with your PM BS mmm kay? no response required
                Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

                T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by peterf View Post
                  I put it down to shear boredom
                  once i'm working, lecturing, arguing or up to my neck in a build project
                  Don't have time to get depressed or even think i'm chair bound
                  1 year 6 months post
                  BTW Jenny i am not judgemental but explosive and emotional
                  in saying so you are being judgemental yourself
                  Peter I appreciate your comment and I dont know your injury, BUT wait 30 more years to be in a lot of other peoples shoes when you are unable to work full time because of pain and I aggree to a small point that boredom could be a small factor but just wait until you are not able to concentrate on your work because the pain is so bad that it makes it unbearable to get out of bed in the morning.
                  Also I dont know your financial position either but mine is to try living with a small SS check and pay 2 mortgages and pay meds and co pays for the constant pain clinic visits..

                  I believe that the term " dont judge until you have walked in someone elses shoes" might apply in this case. You have 30 years of walking in my shoes left.

                  There are hundreds of people if not more in the same or even worse position that I am in that are happy that you are able to work your schedule and seems like your first post here was to put yourself in the ""Super Gimp"" column..

                  I am glad that you are able to work and keep busy but I just hope that if the day comes , and I have to think that it will, not wishing it on you , that you will be able to get the support here that I have got ..
                  The people here I believe in the last 3 days have saved my life and I applaud them for their support...

                  Gary
                  Last edited by garyv; 17 Jun 2012, 5:11 PM.
                  T-10 ,,1980,,

                  Comment


                    #24
                    And also Peter I have not read a single post here of ANYONE being judgmental other than you..


                    Gary
                    Last edited by garyv; 17 Jun 2012, 5:20 PM.
                    T-10 ,,1980,,

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by garyv View Post
                      Peter I appreciate your comment and I dont know your injury, BUT wait 30 more years to be in a lot of other peoples shoes when you are unable to work full time because of pain and I aggree to a small point that boredom could be a small factor but just wait until you are not able to concentrate on your work because the pain is so bad that it makes it unbearable to get out of bed in the morning.
                      Also I dont know your financial position either but mine is to try living with a small SS check and pay 2 mortgages and pay meds and co pays for the constant pain clinic visits..

                      I believe that the term " dont judge until you have walked in someone elses shoes" might apply in this case. You have 30 years of walking in my shoes left.

                      There are hundreds of people if not more in the same or even worse position that I am in that are happy that you are able to work your schedule and seems like your first post here was to put yourself in the ""Super Gimp"" column..

                      I am glad that you are able to work and keep busy but I just hope that if the day comes , and I have to think that it will, not wishing it on you , that you will be able to get the support here that I have got ..
                      The people here I believe in the last 3 days have saved my life and I applaud them for their support...

                      Gary
                      very eloquently said. i feel work is just a distraction to pain/depression, it doesn't mask that it is there and unfortunately putting on the mask that you're ok will land you in trouble as most ppl will say "well you dont LOOK like you're suffering" one can work all they want to but the depression/pain are always there, nagging at you and pulling you into the abyss. so telling gary he just needs to work/keep busy is just rude. he was brave and asked for help because he needed it. no shame in that!
                      "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
                      http://www.elportavoz.com/

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Thanks for backing me on my comment about Peter, Cryptic .

                        And I do work as much as possible but work has been slow and the custom work I do comes and goes like every other type of work.
                        It just happens that the majority of work I do is for a Yacht that is out of dock for 8 months a year unless I get an emergency call for a broken part that needs to be made.

                        Here is a link to the boat that I am doing parts for now:
                        http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shi...MMSI=311008300

                        I weld , do cad programming and CNC router work but when the works not here I cant do it.

                        Gary
                        T-10 ,,1980,,

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Here are pictures of some of the work I have done if interested


                          I made the step that says Aleghi on it and also made the bracket and hand post for the skiff (the stainless bracket and post )

                          Sorry I only found the one I think most are on my work computer in the garage,
                          Gary
                          T-10 ,,1980,,

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Beautiful work, Gary...streamlined, clean, elegant.
                            MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Thank you Bonnette.
                              Also my avitar for my name I. Made in wood for my boat.
                              The name Z-Best 1 is my Fathers name on a checkers website he used before he passed. Away.
                              T-10 ,,1980,,

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by garyv View Post
                                Thank you Bonnette.
                                Also my avitar for my name I. Made in wood for my boat.
                                The name Z-Best 1 is my Fathers name on a checkers website he used before he passed. Away.
                                That is great to know, Gary - I'd admired the design, but didn't realize what it meant until now. A beautiful tribute to your father!
                                MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X