No announcement yet.

wired on oxy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love it for during the day for pain and it makes it possible for me to move around better. I can not take it after 8 tops or I can't fall to sleep think it's the combo with xanax and ambien. In the middle of the night I take 1 1/2 pill and can fall back to sleep then. Medicines are weird some night I can sleep good and other nights I wake up so many times I loose count.
    It would be nice if I did not need cocktail of drugs, but that is not possible right now. Sorry to admit...
    JeAnNE L1Burst Fracture inc. 11/5/10

Live Well--Laugh often

Comment

Jeapow I have the same problems if I take the oxy too soon before I go to bed then I toss and turn before getting to sleep .
      Luckily I found not to take it to soon unless I have a long movie to watch until falling asleep..

And the tossing and turning is a pain it sometime feels like I am using a nicotene patch or something ( not sure if you ever tried those or smoke) but sometimes I wake up more tired than I did before going to sleep the night before..

I found out this week that having to stop the oxy cold turkey is something that I would not wish on anyone Jeapow.

Gary
      T-10 ,,1980,,

Comment

Gary, I can't even imagine not having the money so sorry. I am on medicaid and in Ohio my perc costs like$2,00 or so. Have you checked any pharmacy plans for people that do not have any insurance? I know when I was injured I did not have any insurance medical bills over 200G. I was not sent to a nice SCI rehab, but to a small hospital where I was the worst one in rehab, but I did get excellent care. It is so unfair that people suffer and we are dictated if we can get proper medication or therapy. I just decided I was going to try my darnest to get better.

I had to have my knee replacement I did not want to, but my leg was growing crocked so I had no choice. Now my PM is much worse. My balance is like it was when I was inured 18 mo ago. So I have to have a Myelogram done in two weeks ugg I dread it, but I am going backwards in my recovery. Good news my knee is healing well, but not my back. My family does not like my pills it is like a stigma like xanax really?? I have understanding Dr's who are quite happy writting my scripts so I will continue to do what I need to for pain. Can't smoke or I would.

I know we probably wish we could go back to who we were before on our physical body, but I know I am a much better person alot more humble and deeper faith, just maybe that was for me to learn?

Wishing you the best and hope you find some way to get your meds. Too bad DR does not have free samples hugh?
        JeAnNE L1Burst Fracture inc. 11/5/10

Live Well--Laugh often

Comment

Jeapow, yep florida is tough on getting meds or ins . I looked at the part D plans but the amount that I pay in pain meds per year is almost even after the "doughnut hole" they call it because once you spend so much on meds the stop until you reach another level of money paid out and if I remember right its around $1600 is a break even point ot where its not worth getting the plan because that money comes out of your check as well , and I am right in th middle that I would just break even getting the part D plan..
          Also I hope your knee is getting better and hope the tests come out OK for you and they can get you straightend out on your meds..
          Gary
          T-10 ,,1980,,

Comment

"Response to Painkillers Linked to Genetics" http://vitals.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...-genetics?lite

It's good to know there is some research into why people can react so differently to opiate medications.

Comment

I think pain is the appropriate forum for this discussion.

Comment

For me, i feel nothing buzz, wired, or tired wise off oxy, just nose itching.

Comment

Fentanyl transdermal is my basal but for breakthrough i use Oxycodone 1 or 2 10mg tablets up to a maximum of 10 per day, if i am going to exceed that i have to call my Doctors office and let her know, what my Doctor does is writes me for 270 tablets a month because somedays i will use only 1 or 2 and then other days i will be in "i'm not getting out of bed today pain" and will use more then 10 in that day so it evens out i have never run out early and i have a small vial with a few extra tabs in it, but as far as wired or tired i don't think it impacts me either way except when taken at night i will sleep through a herd of parading elephants i have always been a hard sleeper but this just adds to it .

Comment

are you guys talking pure oxy or perocet - I believe perc. is generic.
                    If so how many mg are you taking, and what is the highest dosage -
                    the reason i'm asking is i'm on hydrocodone 10/325 x 3 day and it's no longer helps me with pain.
                    I am going to see a pain doctor on Tuesday that's why I need your input
                    I am considering switching to oxy/perc
                    Last edited by Mac85; 24 Oct 2015, 12:20 AM.
                    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Comment

Working...
                    X