No announcement yet.

Painful Pain Experiences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's terrible! I understand that it is impossible thing to cope with. My uncle was removed one spinal cord a year ago and it was changed by an artificial one and he suffers from really severe back and leg pain! And no painkiller help.... You know, I saw that sometimes he even cries... It's impossible to see

Comment

Originally posted by squid007 View Post
      That's terrible! I understand that it is impossible thing to cope with. My uncle was removed one spinal cord a year ago and it was changed by an artificial one and he suffers from really severe back and leg pain! And no painkiller help.... You know, I saw that sometimes he even cries... It's impossible to see
      I think you may be confused about the difference between SPINAL injuries and SPINAL CORD injuries. There are no artificial spinal cords. Spinal vertebrae (bones) may be rebuilt from grafted bone and hardware, and some physicians will try implantation of artificial spinal discs (the spongy pad between the vertebrae), but there is no artificial spinal cord, nor is it common to have spinal cord tissue surgically removed.

It would be very helpful if you would complete your profile, as requested when you registered.

(KLD)
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
      X