third fricking night in a row

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

third fricking night in a row

this pain knows no bounds, invades every aspect of my life, steals my joy and NOW it has stolen my only temp release. i can't sleep for 3rd night in a row, didn't sleep in day, i am going crazy. at least before i got an hour here and there.

I'm sorry to hear it. My worst nightmare is not gettin relief from my pain. When I lay down on my side it really drops off so I can sleep, at least for now.

I hope things improve for you.

Comment

Cass, where is your pain what are you taking for it?

I have ALOT of pain in my left hip from arthritis and don't get hardly any sleep either. unfortunately nothing they've given me for relief so far has worked so I feel for you! A lot of times it's so bad I wish I could draw my last breath. .
      I hope and pray you're able to find a source of relief from your pain rule soon
      Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. .(John Wayne)

Comment

I have slept like a baby since Oxy entered my life. You can only take so much!
        Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Sorry you're having a tough time with pain....I know how you feel. Pain sucks, especially chronic, basically untreated, untreatable, neurogenic pain. It feels overwhelming a makes it hard to function...it also sucks that pain is "invisible"...most people can't relate or understand.
          C4/5 incomplete, 17 years since injury

"The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” - Carlos Castaneda

"We live not alone but chained to a creature of a different kingdom: our body." - Marcel Proust

Comment

I am sorry to hear that Cass. Is there nothing you can take that will help? Even getting drooling on opiates might at least get you some rest.

Comment

Oxy's help me a lot
              www.adventuresofcolinandheather.blogspot.com !

Comment

What is Oxy like to take? Does it help with tingling, burning, neurogenic pain?
                C4/5 incomplete, 17 years since injury

"The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” - Carlos Castaneda

"We live not alone but chained to a creature of a different kingdom: our body." - Marcel Proust

Comment

Originally posted by KyleP2112 View Post
                  What is Oxy like to take? Does it help with tingling, burning, neurogenic pain?
                  Hi Kyle,

I tried the standard stuff for the burning I get in my feet and butt. (Gabaprentin, Lyrica) didn't work. Methadone does the trick for me. Oxycodone is more for breakthrough pain. If you have neuropathic pain that is not managed well I would talk to your doctoc about methadone. It has a price, it is addictive and it will make you constipated. I couldn't function without it so I pay that price.

- t8

Comment

Oxy kept me awake more than pains did. And didn't help pains.
                    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Comment

Ditto on the methadone I have been taking it for nerve pain since 90s not perfect but i tried many many other meds narcotic and non....

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboys_Place View Post
                        Cass, where is your pain what are you taking for it?
                        Great questions, Cowboy. Cass, in all the time we've talked about how terribly bad you hurt, I feel terribly remiss that I've never seen anyone ask you what kind[s] of pain you have, where those pains affect you, and what all you've tried in terms of getting some relief.

Add me to those who've had great success with methadone. It's helped a great deal with both nociceptive and central pain. I'm also taking very low doses of gabapentin and amitriptyline, but at this level, they're more to keep me from developing the hyperesthesia that goes along with the long-term use of opioids than it is to directly combat central pain. I'm hopeful that increased doses of one or both of those will further reduce the most severe forms of central pain I experience [e.g. isometric dyskinesthia, lancinating pain in my left shoulder, and a couple of major areas affected by allodynia.
                        Last edited by thehipcrip; 8 Feb 2012, 9:51 PM.
                        It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Comment

Originally posted by thehipcrip View Post
                          Great questions, Cowboy. Cass, in all the time we've talked about how terribly bad you hurt, I feel terribly remiss that I've never seen anyone ask you what kind[s] of pain you have, where those pains affect you, and what all you've tried in terms of getting some relief.

Add me to those who've had great success with methadone. It's helped a great deal with both nociceptive and central pain. I'm also taking very low doses of gabapentin and amitriptyline, but at this level, they're more to keep me from developing the hyperesthesia that goes along with the long-term use of opioids than it is to directly combat central pain. I'm hopeful that increased doses of one or both of those will further reduce the most severe forms of central pain I experience [e.g. isometric dyskinesthia, lancinating pain in my left shoulder, and a couple of major areas affected by allodynia.
                          i have discussed it before but don't remember where, when or what thread(s). i was at a pain clinic for months, tried all the usual meds, neurontin, lyrica, cymbalta, etc. and combos. they all made me sick, some caused hallucinations, and absolutely none helped. i know about the triad of pain meds and their combos. i have participated in pain research only to be told i seem to have multiple central pain symptoms, so in answer to where it hurts: it hurts everywhere below normal c7 feeling. i do have touch sensation all the way to my toes. i can feel if my legs fall off footrests, for example. i really haven't met anybody quite like me in these respects, but sure they're out there. no sharp/dull, no hot/cold sensation, just touch. having my legs massaged feels great but does nothing for pain.

i have tried spinal injections, massage, acupuncture, pot etc. this is now, come march, a 26 year journey for me. the troubling thing is i worked most of those years (even on bad pain days) and now i can't because it has gotten much worse. i do not deal well with drugs of any kind, so narcotics will be my last resort.

and, hip, there's nothing remiss about your not asking. i've been asked many times here, in pm, at doctor's, etc. i don't think i even saw cowboy's query on this thread. sometimes i get tired of answering, but i have to remember it is important to notice and respond or nothing will ever change for those in pain. thank you for pointing out cowboy's question.

i should add the most recent addition (last 4-5 yrs) is intense gut pain. at first, i called 911, went to hospital, follow up with GI, colonoscopy, nothing. i tried different foods, blah blah. it's pretty depressing. i feel better if i don't eat, but that's not an option.
                          Last edited by cass; 9 Feb 2012, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cass View Post
                            i do have touch sensation all the way to my toes. i can feel if my legs fall off footrests, for example. i really haven't met anybody quite like me in these respects, but sure they're out there. no sharp/dull, no hot/cold sensation, just touch. having my legs massaged feels great but does nothing for pain.

Cass, not uncommon that I know of regarding your sensation preserved. I can feel everything you listed, but wouldn't feel the pain of say a shot or hot vs cold. I actually feel light touch better than deep pressure. I can feel my dog barely brush against my leg or foot or lick it. Even a lighter sensation, I can feel if say I had a hair from my head under my thigh and I was pulling it out from underneath me. But something like pinching me wouldn't hurt.
                            Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Comment

hi vem, in 1986 at rancho los amigos rehab in CA, apparently it was uncommon. they didn't believe i could feel the need to pee or poop, let alone the fact i felt it happening. it took the concerted efforts of a sw, a psych and my mom to bring in a highly respected ex head dr. out of retirement who performed a full blind touch test on me to convince them. all i know. in the years since, i don't believe i have met anybody with this amount of feeling and i am still doubted by the medical people. don't you exp. this?

there are many advantages to this i wouldn't change, some uncomfortable as they are, such as feeling cath insertion, everything regarding bowel care, knowing what's going on with my legs, enjoying a massage, etc. but, i have to wonder what the disadvantages may be. still, i'll take the feeling. anyway. i have been puzzled over, studied to the point i don't think they have a clue why these things are true for me or why my pain does not respond to anything. so, i just do what i can.

Comment

Working...
                              X