We're the orphans even here at CareCure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pain

Nerve pain, touching skin pain, pain in butt from sitting too long(no really) B&B pain, Incision pain and numbness, walking pain, mental pain (wish I knew how my recovery will turn out) back pain. I need to stop, I guess I have more pain than I realized. There is good pain, even though it hurts, I am able to have pain.

I take medications such as coumadin for blood clots, gabapentin for nerve pain, combination of meds for B&B problems, trazodone to help me sleep and an anxiety med for all the above problems.

I can honestly say for all that are suffering with pain my heart goes out to you, it would be so nice to live pain free, but thats all we all found each other on this forum thank God for these threads.
    JeAnNE L1Burst Fracture inc. 11/5/10

Live Well--Laugh often

Comment

Originally posted by Van Quad View Post
      FYI Daisy my incredibly burning gut turned out to be referred pain from my bladder. Amitriptyline helps.

Arrrgggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway...I did try Amitriptyline...Cymbalta worked better for me. I do have some referred pain in my bladder that I have learned to deal with. A wonderful urologist out in Arizona solved that for me.

However, it is the unrelenting below the knee central pain that takes life from me.
      T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

CCC Forums for SCI only?

Originally posted by gjnl View Post
        Guess you think that people with Cerebral Palsy don't have pain....

I was googling to try to get some understanding of what the original poster was trying to discuss, since in my mind, he/she was not clear. A search for "neuro-CP" only turned up information on Cerebral Palsy. I was in fact going out of my way to "comprehend a little more." Give me some credit for trying instead of jumping down my throat.

Further, I do think that we have an obligation when we start a thread to make our situation, position, condition, opinion abundantly clear to those who will read and respond to the threads we post. If that takes a little more time, effort, and typing well, that's what it takes.

All the best,
        GJ
        I've never even gave CP Cerebral palsy a thought as I am a Paraplegic (Spinal Cord Injury) caused by smashed crushed T-12 & L-1 vertebrae: CCC Forums I had believed to be about spinal cord injury. Is this correct?
        Gary Is = L-1 Para for 34 years.....................
        ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by darkeyed_daisy View Post
          Arrrgggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway...I did try Amitriptyline...Cymbalta worked better for me. I do have some referred pain in my bladder that I have learned to deal with. A wonderful urologist out in Arizona solved that for me.

However, it is the unrelenting below the knee central pain that takes life from me.
          Is central pain another name for nerve/neuropathic pain?

I don't think I have any neuro pain, but people here have told me that the buzzing/tingling and shocks I always have in my feet and legs is classed that way, even though they are painless to me.

I can't begin to understand how those of you in relentless top-level pain cope. I had top-level pain for about a few hours when I was having my spinal bleed. The pain completely filled my mind. If I had to cope with that all the time...I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by keps View Post
            Is central pain another name for nerve/neuropathic pain?

I don't think I have any neuro pain, but people here have told me that the buzzing/tingling and shocks I always have in my feet and legs is classed that way, even though they are painless to me.

I can't begin to understand how those of you in relentless top-level pain cope. I had top-level pain for about a few hours when I was having my spinal bleed. The pain completely filled my mind. If I had to cope with that all the time...I don't know.

Yes K it is.

The best way I can describe it is if you were to scrub off all the skin and pour alcohol on my legs then alternate between putting them in a freezer or stove. At various points throw in some electrical intense shocks and stabbing pains.

Mine used to be more of tingling shocking and buzzing but it is far more intense now than it has ever been. I can't understand why.

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Yes K it is.

The best way I can describe it is if you were to scrub off all the skin and pour alcohol on my legs then alternate between putting them in a freezer or stove. At various points throw in some electrical intense shocks and stabbing pains.

Mine used to be more of tingling shocking and buzzing but it is far more intense now than it has ever been. I can't understand why.
              Thanks DD, I wasn't sure.
              God, your description of your pain...I just can't begin to comprehend how dreadful it must be. When I read about the pain levels you and others have to put up with, I'm in awe that you manage to get through each day.

Comment

Yes K it is.

I do not understand why, but the pain increases with age.

The factors are: the longer one is in the chair, say 33 years like me, injured at age 39 years old, then wearing down my body for another 33 years pushing and dealing with all other aspects of the hard work living in a chair can only bring about more pain.
                ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Garyis View Post
                  I do not understand why, but the pain increases with age.

The factors are: the longer one is in the chair, say 33 years like me, injured at age 39 years old, then wearing down my body for another 33 years pushing and dealing with all other aspects of the hard work living in a chair can only bring about more pain.
                  I think you are right about the age...It will be 22 years in May for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Garyis View Post
                    I've never even gave CP Cerebral palsy a thought as I am a Paraplegic (Spinal Cord Injury) caused by smashed crushed T-12 & L-1 vertebrae: CCC Forums I had believed to be about spinal cord injury. Is this correct?
                    Garyis,
                    Spinal cord injury and Tranverse Myelitis, Multiple Sclerosis, Non-traumatic SCI ALS, MS, polio, stroke, and other non-traumatic causes of spinal cord injury, Neurodegeneration Research ALS, Parkinson's, & Alzheimer's disease, Multiple Sclerosis Research Recent research on multiple sclerosis, and there are members with Cerebral Palsy. The above list of medical issues discussed in the Care Cure Community are the exact names of forums you will find in the forums list on this site.

Yes Jody,
                    GJNL is a different member from GL (formerly Gypsy Lady), who is also a moderator.

All the best,
                    GJ

Comment

Garyis,
                      Spinal cord injury and Tranverse Myelitis, Multiple Sclerosis, Non-traumatic SCI ALS, MS, polio, stroke, and other non-traumatic causes of spinal cord injury, Neurodegeneration Research ALS, Parkinson's, & Alzheimer's disease, Multiple Sclerosis Research Recent research on multiple sclerosis, and there are members with Cerebral Palsy. The above list of medical issues discussed in the Care Cure Community are the exact names of forums you will find in the forums list on this site.

Yes Jody,
                      GJNL is a different member from GL (formerly Gypsy Lady), who is also a moderator.

All the best,
                      GJ
                      I took a look at the forums and I found: Tranverse Myelitis, Multiple Sclerosis, Non-traumatic SCI (4 Viewing) ALS, MS, polio, stroke, and other non-traumatic causes of spinal cord injury.

Excuse my narrow view!
                      ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I can no longer type enough to describe all the sensations, even if I had the words to do it accurately, and I don't.

All I know is that I get worse seemingly every day, including losing the normal sensation I did have below my neck above my nipples and shoulder blades and the use of my arms, I'm sick of having to force food, and if there was any mercy in the world, I would fall asleep and not wake up. I've lost hope.
                        Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Comment

Bill, DD,Garyis,Gjnl.......we must all stick together......I don't care who has what.....this 24/7 pain sucks!

Those of us who are "at home" here in the Pain forum forget that there are others out there that need....and want to learn. Most of the regulars are sci. I think Alan has other problems.......

Mine are cervical...c 4-5-6 and lumbar l 4-5-s-1, and then for me you also have to throw in the possibility of CMT (Charcot-Marie Tooth). They said it was'nt worth the expensive testing to verify something that would'nt change treatment..... Chronic, severe pain from Peripheral Neuropathy Disease and Central Pain......Nerve damage and is progressive... Gives you a hell of a lot to look forward to!

There is no medication for this.....You get meds for depression, seizure meds, muscle relaxants, and pain killers. Most of us have to take a combo cocktail. Sleep is a big problem. Or lack of. For a lot, even the pain pills don't "touch" the central pain.

As we get older, and from injuries, we have to also start adding arthritis into the mix. Finding a doctor willing/able to treat us is sometimes an on going search. So many give up when their choice of meds don't work. I've gone through a lot of doctors and am now at a Pain Clinic, where you are treated polite enough, but still feel like you're in a drug rehab center. This is thanks to all who have abused the system. I have a two page contract, to be renewed yearly, that I must adhere to. I use the same pharmacy, subject to drug testing, have to go monthly for meds and fill out paperwork.......you get the idea. And all of this for about sixty to seventy-five percent of my life back.....on a good day. Most of my nights are worse. Heaven help me when the weather changes!

DD your descriptions were pretty good. I'm affected from the waist down and my hands and arms. The acid affect is the worst in my feet, legs, toosh, and hands. I also have a vice like feeling. Electrical shocks. I can't stand to have someone or thing touching my legs, feet, and right hand. Most of the time, while I'm burning, I'm also cold. Isn't that a kick! To be burning up and freezing!

My hands and arms also tingle, itch, and have sharp jabbing pain jolts. At one time I would have never believed someone could have these things wrong with them..... That you could stay in pain.....forever! It's frightening! I hate the thought of spending the rest of my life like this! Having to be careful all the time to not lose my temper due to pain and lack of sleep! So much time spent alone because you can't stand the thought of moving, putting on regular street clothes, and heaven help me...riding in a car!

Yes, Bill, we are the orphans. Anyone who has this kind of pain, for whatever reason......is an orphan and must stick together.

Comment

WOW !
                            This thread has more twists than a suspense movie.

Pain then verbal spats then more pain.......
                            Maybe it's the pain or the switch to DST that has the natives restless !

I have a SCI, CES to be more precise. Also have B&B issues and the CP is always unbearable. Wish the AB's down at the 7-11 understood better when I go in to buy some L&M's that my pain level is a 9, 24/7.........

Be Big,
                            AMAC

(translation availible upon request.)
                            L4/L5 CES

www.DRAFT.cc
                            http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1024602574

Messages from Alan Maccini and are produced utilizing voice recognition software. As a result of this on occasion a misrecognition of a word will occur and while spelled correctly will result in an unintended word appearing. We apologize for any errors.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarkus View Post
                              WOW !
                              This thread has more twists than a suspense movie.

Pain then verbal spats then more pain.......
                              Maybe it's the pain or the switch to DST that has the natives restless !

I have a SCI, CES to be more precise. Also have B&B issues and the CP is always unbearable. Wish the AB's down at the 7-11 understood better when I go in to buy some L&M's that my pain level is a 9, 24/7.........

Be Big,
                              AMAC

(translation availible upon request.)
                              Your mockery is not amusing.

GJ

Comment

Your mockery is not amusing.

GJ
                                I thought it was funny and lightening things up a bit. I say this as someone who's also been confused by acronyms. I thought MSWIFE was from Mississippi. Come on, enjoy people who're trying to be funny. No one thinks differently of you. I'm sure we've all had to question acronym use. One of your best bets is to google an acronym if unsure.

Comment

Working...
                                X