Let's talk seriously & realistically: Medical Marijuana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grange View Post
    My comment was not meant to argue the debate of whether to legalize pot. I was just remarking on the statement "Not one death" that I often hear when people are discussing the safety of pot. "Not one death" implies that MJ is a totally safe drug. I do not believe that. Anything that alters the mind is altering the chemical makeup of the body which seems to me to not be a good thing especially when continued over a long period of time.!
    I personally know many dead ppl from alcohol and other drugs, Rx and street. I personally know not 1 dead person from mj.

I'm 52; grew up in the 70's. I have seen A LOT of fallout from drug abuse. Direct deaths, e.g. od's and lethal withdrawals, poisonings, etc. Indirect deaths-murders due to $$ or paranoia or cartel encroachment, MVA's, stupid stuff like being crowned by a falling rock.

I know a kid that was stabbed by a boy on ROBITUSSIN for crying out loud.

I personally know not 1 death directly or indirectly related to MJ. No MVA's, nada. That is a good record.

I beg you all, tho, don't buy weed on the street. We have a responsibility, as humans, to not support murderous cartels. Find a state where med mj is legal, grow your own, just don't buy street weed. Also remember-you have no way of knowing what street weed is laced with. Cartels have no morals. They don't care if they kill you w/ poisoned weed. I doubt it happens often. It is bad biz practice to kill one's paying customers. That is the ONLY thing stopping them.

If you lie down w/ amoral murderers, you will get amoral murderer's fleas.

The indica edibles really help w/ my neuro pain. It is a diff high from smoking. I wonder, if I am currently on a pain contract w/ a pain doctor can he fire me b/c I tested positive after visiting a state where it is legal?

Just a hypothetical question. I quit pain doctors and contracts, and I break mj laws when I deem it necessary.
    Blog:
    Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Your a cool chick Betheny

Comment

Originally posted by lonecoaster View Post
        Your a cool chick Betheny
        Thank you! I needed a compliment!
        Blog:
        Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

As strict as the laws are here, I'm just guessing you would be in violation. If for no other reason than the rule of not taking any medication they have'nt approved. I had trouble after having the carpal tunnel surgery. My clinic approved me for taking any pain meds I would need afterwards, but the surgeon did'nt leave me any scripts, thinking the pain clinic would do it! So, I ran out of meds that month!

I would like to try the medical mj, but have no desire to try street mj. I agree with Betheny on that. You never know what street medication or mj has been laced with. I've heard of medication that has turned out to be dry wall dust! Or worse!

Comment

I would HIGHLY recommend you trying mj as an alternative to the various chemicals your doctor legally prescribes to harm/kill you...errr...treat your pain. You can make a salad, extract the active ingredients various ways and ingest them or smoke in various ways(vape, pipe, joint, etc.). It may or may not help you but it will not harm you. I swear by it. I only take kepra for seizure prevention.
            In addition to these various remedies we seek for pain relief, I highly recommend you educate yourself about DIET and exercise. This is prevention of a large percentage of our troubles by limiting intake of deadly substances we otherwise call 'food'. Quality of life starts with what you put INTO your body.
            Growing everything yourself is the best guarantee that it is safe for you. Use modern medicine with extreme caution only when all else fails...my mott0
            John

https://www.facebook.com/john.baxter.1213986

Comment

Originally posted by debbier View Post
              Thanks, Wow very interesting to know Juice raw Marijuana leaves and buds. Its very easy to get it here in NY. I would like to try it for my back pain. I wonder how much I would need to make a drink out of it. Hmmmm , Really good info
              Thanks Again
              I was told that you don't even need the bud. just the leaves. Which is something most growers have trouble disposing of. You should contact your local compassion club to see if they could connect you with one of their organic growers. Or at least get get the shake from one of their organic growers.

Comment

I just have to say that after about two years of no MJ or any meds, I was very happy to be clear headed. But this f##king pain charged everything. Of course I'm taking Gabapentin because I really need to, and it has really put a stop to my nice clear head. The stuff leaves me in a semi zombie state. At first I was on a small dose, and quit because it stopped working, and after a bitch of a withdrawal, low and behold, I stepped out of a far bigger funk then you can see while you are on the stuff.
                But now I'm on a larger dose, so there gos the clear head.
                MJ kind of speeds me up, so it is a great counter balance to the zombie like state. Smoking some medical marijuana {yes I have a card, and can have up to 1.5 pounds}is the only way I can get anything done, of course I'm doing things semi stoned, but thats way better then not doing anything at all. And yes it helps with ones mood as well, and one really needs that, because meds are very hard on ones frame of mind. Out here in Oregon, we have legal grows all over the place and its all great bud, so we don't support all the crap down south.
                I do not know what I would do with out MJ it really helps me a lot with pain and mood, and with it I take a lot less opiates.
                T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Comment

"I beg you all, tho, don't buy weed on the street. We have a responsibility, as humans, to not support murderous cartels. Find a state where med mj is legal, grow your own, just don't buy street weed. Also remember-you have no way of knowing what street weed is laced with. Cartels have no morals. They don't care if they kill you w/ poisoned weed. I doubt it happens often. It is bad biz practice to kill one's paying customers. That is the ONLY thing stopping them"

Very Good Info, Thanks Betheny. Its a true and good reminder of the truth plus god-for-bid I end up in jail..

I would never buy MJ off the streets from strangers. I know of other reputable sources.

Van Quad, I can fly to where I was born in Guyana South America. My parents have a house there and It grows wild in their back yard. The last time I was there (3 years ago), I made some tea out of it. I didn't like the experience-I think I made it too strong. I got up to walk to my room and everything was falling, if that makes sense sorta like vertigo. However, it did help with pain. My pain is getting worst. I am tired of all the constipation associated with my Oxycodone long and short acting, plus Lyrica. I am trying meditation now on itunes Popcast "Patrica Bloom" recommended by my neurosurgeon. I don't know how to smoke, so juicing I would love to try.

Also I was wondering here in NY I don't have to take any drug test with my Pain Mgmt Doctors. Curious to know why do some people have to take a drug test????

Comment

Originally posted by lonecoaster View Post
                    I no longer smoke because of the stigma attached to it. Doe's it help? Yes
                    Keep in mind that smoking isn't the only option. Aside from cooking in various recipes, I have heard the vaporizers made for this purpose are a healthier and quite effective means of partaking. I can't speak from personal experience, but a little digging online will turn up info on that if you're interested.

Comment

Ah I really hate to spill the beans, but are newspaper the Oregonian ran an article about how are medical marijuana is being sold all the way over in New York. And its not just Oregon thats sending stuff over there. Most legal states do because it costs twice as much in New York then out here, were we have a glut of the stuff. So maybe us legal states can take over the market from the drug cartels, wouldn't that be nice, and we have the good stuff. Are little 24 plant legal grows are very peaceful and out in the open.
                      T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Comment

My drs in pennsylvania knew I smoked. I wasn't using a pain clinic at that time, and at least three drs asked what it did for me. at the time it was the only way I could eat, it decreased spasm during the day, (not the night ones) and though I didn't get pain relief, I got a distraction from the pain that allowed me to enjoy moments that were not there without it.

iv recently been trying to cut my pain meds in half. well, I have cut them in half. I live in another state. not very mj unfriendly and most drs test for it if you are on pain meds.
                        I can't even , ......well the nerve pain that has returned is about as bad as I can handle. when Iv decreased to a 12.5 patch, I think I might ask my dr how she feels about the idea of my using MJ. it could be an adventure in getting dr dumped, but Im hoping not.

Comment

well, a kid got killed in the town I live near, trying to buy weed from an undercover. he tried to run away and got shot in the back.
                          half the nation is ether ok with medical pot, or they are trying to go legal, while this place shoots teenagers in the back over almost purchased fake pot.

I made it to a 12 mcg patch. Im pretty sure I can't handle this kind of pain forever. I doubt they have weed that would help it, but at least I should be allowed to find out if it would help. what harm is CBD oil if it can't be used to get any kind of high? I should have the opportunity to at least try it.

Im still getting dope sick every few days. taking half a 5mg oxy for the worst of it, up to twice a day. there isn't much point describing the pain.
                          people can't take narcotics for 15 years without some suffering when you stop. I think though, weed should have been an option at some point.

what the hell would it do make me some kind of delinquent? stoopid place for a pothead to live. even worse for a gimp out of options.

Comment

Nice to hear you are cutting down on pain meds. So many side effects, I cut out the pain meds a while back too. My MJ use has stabilized to a few puffs a day. I live in a state that recently voted to legalize rec use but I use it for medical in reducing spasms and lessoning nerve pain. Like you said it has given me an awareness to enjoy the day that I would not of had otherwise. We are thinking of doing a cannabis walk down town with a few local businesses where they might use vapor and edibles and food carts. Hope your state legalizes soon.

Comment

Originally posted by diaspora View Post
                              Hello all,

I have a question for all of you.

I see various posts of peoples horror stories as they get addicted to pharmaceuticals, as they are treated like junkies by doctors and people alike, as they are slipping deeper and deeper into addiction -- and the point of no return.

Why?

I am a paraplegic.

I have pain, spasms, depression (it comes n goes) and other issues I need medications for.

ALL of these problems are solved with medical marijuana. Why are you people not giving it a shot? why do you stick to what your doctors tell you and prescribe you?

DON'T buy your marijuana from the street. It will be bad and will give you a rather dilluted view of the drug.

Marijuana has never been more potent than it is today. There are 2 types:

#1) Indica
                              Indica's are good for PAIN and SPASMS. For me, 1 joint immidiatly STOPS my spasms and allows me to easily cope with the pain.

#2) Sativa
                              These are more racy. This strain is good for producitivty, anxiety, depression.

All you need will be covered by these two strains. You don't have to SMOKE it, either. You can DRINK IT in an alcohol or glycerin based tincture. You can EAT it by way of BUTTER or OLIVE OIL. You can VAPORIZE it and avoid the toxicity of smoke.

Why are you people hurting yourselves? set yourselves free. One smoke in the morning, and a cookie, and I have a really good and comfortable day. I then get home and smoke as needed. Sometimes I don't need it.

And it is a NATURAL plant.

All that you know about Marijuana is likely wrong. If it is GROWN properly and with appropriate GENETICS any non-believer, who is open minded enough to try, will be converted.

Ask your doctors, look up your "compassion centers" on google with your city name; you owe it to yourself to try.

We all just want to be comfortable and LIVE -- which is made hard by this crip life and all that goes with it, eh?

feel free to ask me any questions,
                              do with the info what you will.
                              No questions here. You are right on. MJ works for me. It does not take away all the pain. It takes it down a level, relaxes my body and my mind to a point where the pain, 'now numbed', isn't the hell it is with out 'drugs'. I also use a 50 mph Fentynal patch every 72 hours and 10/325 Percodan.
                              Gary Is = L-1 Para for 34 years.....................
                              ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Good for you. :-)
                                Gary Is = L-1 Para for 34 years.....................
                                ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                                X