Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does drinking alcohol make neuropathic pain better or worse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onolan View Post
    Clean, well distilled ethanol such as smirnoff vodka absolutely and powerfully drops neuropathic pain into the lightest whisper----dose dependent of course.

Not a sustainable thing day after day after day , as we all know.

Still when things get tough its better than Vidodin and less harmful overall.
    Grey Goose works for me, but the side effects are too pronounced.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Maybe someday we all can open a pub
      hugs to ya all

Comment

My family is opening a brewery. It's called Port City Brewing, Co.
        Check 'em out on FB! Facilities are almost done, in Alexandria, VA
        "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Our Pubs Names ???

DaleB
          That's so kool

I truly like good lager if I spelled that right lol I dont drink cheap beer

My buddy Mark drinks Dark Dark lager

Geesh I think arndog me n you all can open a great pub called ;
          "" CCsPain erasures pub ""
          lmao

Lets think of some names !!!!

Hugs to ya all

Comment

it seemingly makes it better, and then you wake up the next morning with your brain floating around in the haze of $3 kamikaze specials from your night the local gay bar. why oh why did
            they ever think anything made with 'well' vodka deserved to be called 'special'?

and the hangover makes it worse.
            An administrator made me remove my signature.

Comment

For me yes no question.

Be Big,
              AMAC
              L4/L5 CES

www.DRAFT.cc
              http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1024602574

Messages from Alan Maccini and are produced utilizing voice recognition software. As a result of this on occasion a misrecognition of a word will occur and while spelled correctly will result in an unintended word appearing. We apologize for any errors.

Comment

for me three scotches a day works !!

Comment

I think it's like anything else, it depends on the individual. One of the big problems with taking a drink to relax, it's too easy to go beyond the drink or two.........

For this reason, plus all the different meds I take, I've stayed away from having a drink.. I thought about it at holiday time, when everyone was having a drink, but decided against it.
                  Last edited by smokymtn memories; 22 Jan 2011, 6:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by smokymtn memories View Post
                    I think it's like anything else, it depends on the individual. One of the big problems with taking a drink to relax, it's too easy to go beyone the drink or two.........

For this reason, plus all the different meds I take, I've stayed away from having a drink.. I thought about it at holiday time, when everyone was having a drink, but decided against it.
                    This is pretty much my take as well. I'm not on a lot of meds, but I am very cautious of alcohol because of the ones I am on...that, and I fear I may like it a kittle too much for my own good.

Comment

Ok Tonight it helped me
                      I only had one ice cold one but it hit the spot

Comment

I feel better with alcohol as it relaxes me and not makes me hyper. I think it depends on your tolerance to alcohol or your reaction.

Comment

Four loko makes my leg a little bouncy. HAH!
                          An administrator made me remove my signature.

Comment

For me it really depends. A glass of wine or a good beer once in a while can help. Too much alcohol definitely makes my pain worse and interferes with my sleep, particularly in the second half of the night. So I stay away from that.

Comment

I only drink at family functions. Seems to help many 'issues'.

Comment

Originally posted by taziar View Post
                                This is pretty much my take as well. I'm not on a lot of meds, but I am very cautious of alcohol because of the ones I am on...that, and I fear I may like it a kittle too much for my own good.
                                Same here. As soon as I feel the alcohol/oxycocet buzz, it takes the fun out of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X