Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lyrica called "Pseudo Innovation"

Hi
    in Germany Lyrica was declared as a Pseudo Innovation.
    The union of the health insurance companies (donĀ“t know how it is called in the U.S.)
    investigated the benefit of Lyrica compared to its predecessor (probably neurontin).
    They came to the conclusion that there in no or few benefit.

I just took 150mg of this pseudo innovation and the burning stopped.

Comment

I'd like to know what kind of "investigation" they did. I also wonder how many of the ones that came to this conclusion have burning feet and/or hands, not to mention other areas of the body.

Maybe the insurance companies there don't want to eat the expense.

I'm with you, Arndog. I'm looking forward to my next dose, despite the few side effects that will hopefully go away. Anything's better than the burn!

Comment

"Apprehension" side effect needs to be considered

Lyrica does not give me the "angst" emotional side effect that Neurontin gives me, though others may have a different experience.
        L1 burst fracture, ASIA B L3 incomplete...
        Describes me but does not define me.

Comment

Neurontin did not help me. Lyrica is the only thing that helps with the burning and freezing feeling. Bumping from 100mg to 150mg made a huge difference.

Comment

2 day's ago My Dr just put me on Lyrica and last night it helped me I think because I was seriously tired anyways

Hopefully this new medicine helps me with my inside pain

About how long did it take others for them to notice differences ?

Thank you
            Gypsylady
            Last edited by GL; 02-12-2010, 04:33 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

I was lucky enough to get my health insurance company to cover 50% on the cost for Lyrica after my doctor helped with letters and the like. Lyrica has been more effective than Neurontin was. Freaking pricey, especially 200 mg tabs tid. I had to cut down to where pain was at a manageable level (in combo with other meds), not only because of cost, but I was noticing on the Lyrica, I was feeling very lethargic much of the time.

Comment

Dear pitterpaws You made a good point about Lyrica and feeling lethargic
                I am using smaller doses through out the day because of that feeling I call it a somewhat Dopey
                To me as long as I can get some relief with Lyrica from my intense excruciating pain I am happy .
                Sincerely ;
                Gypsylady

Comment

Lyrica/Generic

Originally posted by pitterpaws View Post
                  I was lucky enough to get my health insurance company to cover 50% on the cost for Lyrica after my doctor helped with letters and the like. Lyrica has been more effective than Neurontin was. Freaking pricey, especially 200 mg tabs tid. I had to cut down to where pain was at a manageable level (in combo with other meds), not only because of cost, but I was noticing on the Lyrica, I was feeling very lethargic much of the time.
                  The pharmacist at Walgreens told me there is a new generic for Lyrica. I am going to talk to my doctor before I try it out.
                  2012 SCINetUSA Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
                  Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Comment

There is no generic Lyrica (pregabalin) - that patent does not expire until 2013.

There is generic Neurontin (gabapentin) now.

Lyrica is a newer drug than neurontin, similar but not quite the same. You may or may not get the same results switching from pregabalin to gabapentin.

Comment

pregabalin saves most of my days and all of my nights, going on 4 years now w/no noticeable side effects and in a dose of 150 usually once, sometimes twice a day

gabapentin erased most of my days in the form of a stupor or many naps for two years at a dose of 1600 to 3200 a day

i'll stick w/lyrica thankyou

Comment

Originally posted by TAM63 View Post
                        There is no generic Lyrica (pregabalin) - that patent does not expire until 2013.

There is generic Neurontin (gabapentin) now.

Lyrica is a newer drug than neurontin, similar but not quite the same. You may or may not get the same results switching from pregabalin to gabapentin.
                        Then I will have to ask them at Walgreens. I have to go pick up some more Lyrica in a day or two so I will let you all know what they say. Thanks!
                        2012 SCINetUSA Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
                        Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Comment

Just wondering, is relief of neuropain an off-label use of Lyrica? If so, maybe the critique isn't aimed at that use.
                          Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Comment

The labeled uses for Lyrica are:

LYRICA
                            is indicated for:

- Neuropathic pain associated with diabetic peripheral neuropathy (DPN) (1.1)

- Post herpetic neuralgia (PHN) (1.2)

- Adjunctive therapy for adult patients with partial onset seizures (1.3)

- Fibromyalgia (1.4)

Comment

Originally posted by Foolish Old View Post
                              Just wondering, is relief of neuropain an off-label use of Lyrica? If so, maybe the critique isn't aimed at that use.
                              FO - that is a good point. Lyrica for spinal cord injury associated neuropathic pain or peripheral nerve injury induced neuropathic pain is off label ! Who know what the OP's reference referred to. I'm not going to try to read it. I wonder if the people in Germany will be able to buy it out of their own pocket. It probably was for the problems outlined by TAM63 in her post above.

Now that I think about it, how did my physician get my drug plan to okay the med if the use is off label? I don't know the answer and am not complaining...

Comment

Working...
                              X