Ketamine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ketamine update

I can't really see any difference since I'v started the ketamine. See the pain doc tomorrow, we'll see if he ups the dose or just continue one more month?

Anyway no side effects but for me no pain help

bill
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

Comment

If you have no side effects, I'd vote for upping it. Not much to lose I suppose.

Sorry no help yet.

Comment

Could you ask the gorilla if you should up the dose?
        Seriously, I'd up the dose till I hit pain relief or intolerable side effects.

Comment

Bollefen, if you are not feeling ANYTHING, I have to say they either make the men tough or the ketamine weak where you come from. ARe you sure some nurse isn't extracting the ketamine for herself and giving you salt water. :} I vote with Arndog in that a higher dose might do the trick..

When arndog says "intolerable side effects" I suspect he means intolerable side effects that are MORE intolerable than the intolerable pain. We all live with intolerable all the time, We are just so sick we are in a different dimension, where intolerable means "the usual".

Waking up with central pain not uncommonly involves the feeling that you can't believe you are still here.
          Last edited by dejerine; 11-30-2009, 10:59 PM.

Comment

'Intolerable' - now that I think about it, it is a slippery word to define. I would say that most people wouldn't tolerate what we feel at an average moment - they would be crying for their mama and dialing '911' and ask to be taken to the hospital.
            Tolerable - for how long? Excruciating pain for 5 minutes or a week? Moderate pain for a lifetime may be intolerable...
            With as tough as Bollefen is, you probably have to increase the dose by an order of magnitude. (only an expression of exaggeration, don't try this at home!).

Comment

unbelievable

Best day I've had in years!! Pain at 5-6 til now and just starting toramp up slowly.

This is unbelievable I forgot what itwas like to have only moderate pain. Was also at the pain doc today, if I stay better ketamine stays as is if I slip back we're upping the dosage. May have found something even if only for a while.

Still have pain, a lot, but a day like today is a God given respite. and most of the weekend all I could think of was suicide it was so bad.

I'm almost afraid for tomorrow, but damn thankful for today.

bill
              Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Comment

Oh that is so awesome!!! I am SO happy for you.

If it is working, I am just SURE it will continue!

Comment

i feel you percocet is the only thing that works for me. when i first started a could not believe it. after 14 years of only being able to stay up for four hour because the pain was just to much.
                  Street Dreamz c.c. maryland

Comment

I am so glad you had a break today from the severe pain. What a relief, if even for a day. Waahhooooo !

Comment

Hey Bill, here's hoping your good days are continuing!

Does insurance cover Ketamine, or is it considered experimental? If not, is it expensive?

Comment

Bill

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Tam

For insurance companies, breathing is experimental.

Comment

LOL

Thankfully, ours isn't quite that bad. So far anyway.

Comment

Almost afraid to say this

My reduction in pain is continuing. I seem to have had about a 30% reduction in pain. still have neuro/cp and mechanical but the past few days have been??? uh acceptable? I could live like this.

It doesn't seem to be getting better but has me in great spirits and able to do some of my "normal" routine.

I take 20mg 4x daily and next week can increase if I want to up to 6x daily.

This is the ONLY thing that has done anything at all.

Anyone else tried ketamine.

Bill
                            Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

Comment

Oh awesome Bill!

I'd up it, why not try to get rid of even more pain. Unacceptable side effects, you can always back down.

Comment

Where did you get ketamine spray after it was prescribed? Does it contain anything besides ketamine?
                                Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Comment

Working...
                                X