No announcement yet.

I'm tired of this #$%&-ing pain!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Grange - did you type all that or did you use cut and paste? I think you have to type it to get credit ;-) Just joking around while I am having my own private hell with what feels like a 4''x4'' wooden stake driven up my seat.
    THC - I guess I can be grateful that I only have phantom pain from the waist down. I am glad my arms are not affected and I am sorry that your arms are.
    Laz and Quad - you are in good company here. The club no one would voluntarily join.

Comment

Originally posted by Grange View Post
      Well it is once again time to say FUCK!!! The fires are burning tonight my friends!!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!!

YELLING YELLING YELLING YELLING YELLING YELLING YELLING YELLING YELLING YELLING YELLING YELLING YELLING YELLING YELLING YELLING YELLING YELLING YELLING YELLING YAO!

BLOW IT OUT
      SCREAM IT OUT
      BLAST II OUT
      CUSS IT OUT
      PRAY IT OUT
      PLEAD IT OUT!

ALL TOGETHER NOW

This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!! This too shall pass!!!
      Gary Is = L-1 Para for 34 years.....................
      ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by LindaT View Post
        Very interesting. We had a small storm about 10:00 last night and rained quite a bit. Was not a t-storm or I did not hear any.
        My husband had one of the worst nights ever with pain and was a complete wreck this morning-he slept until 3 PM once he got to sleep.
        Once the pain starts winding up his anxiety does and an Ativan helps slightly. Before SCI he did not even know what anxiety was and barely even took Tylenol
        I wish there was a key to this.

Linda~ I live in the Twin Cities and with the bad weather we have had this week I have had a horrible time. Sorry your husband is struggling too. I don't really understand why the changes in the weather seem to effect everyone so badly. I hope things change very soon and level off for everyone.....a girl can dream right!!!
        ACDF C5/C6, C6/C7 9/2011& Central Cord Syndrome

Comment

Variations in barometric pressure are a big nerve pain trigger for many. And as you know once the pain spikes no amount of Lyrica or anything else is going to make a bit of difference. Only lying motionless and sleeping for at least a few hours helps me.

Comment

I wish I was a fighter like you folks. I wasn't one pre-injury, and even less after. I'm sitting here twisted like a corkscrew, with my little function going as my pains somehow keep getting worse. I can't stay focused on anything but pains. This isn't living. But I'm stuck.
            Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Comment

Arn.... you know I typed every bit of it!!!!!! LOL!!!

I understand the 4x4 up the seat feeling. When I was in rehab I experienced the same thing but it had a red hot charcoal sitting right on the top of it!!! Thankfully that resolved. Mine is centered higher up on my lower back and then flows down the outside and tops of my upper legs mostly!!!

Still burning although not quite as bad as the other night.... BUT I AM STILL AWAKE AT 4:38AM in the morning!!!!!! FUCK!!!!
              L1 Complete - Injury 3/12/06 - Grateful to be alive!!!!

Comment

Hey Gary....

BLOW IT OUT
                SCREAM IT OUT
                BLAST II OUT
                CUSS IT OUT
                PRAY IT OUT
                PLEAD IT OUT!

Number 5 is the most powerful!!!!!

Comment

I can't stand much more of this shit! It's the same thing over and over again! It never stops! I want to just be able to live again......

Comment

Been rough here to Smokey... We just have to find a way to make it one more day at a time!!! Sorry you are suffering so!!!! - G

Comment

Originally posted by smokymtn memories View Post
                      I can't stand much more of this shit! It's the same thing over and over again! It never stops! I want to just be able to live again......
                      I want the preserved sensation and function I had left in the beginning, before things started growing in my cord; I want to to stop losing sensation and function; I want pains to stop getting worse; I want my corkscrew spine dealt with.

If not, I want to kick the bucket and see what my next life brings.
                      Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Comment

I know you're right Grange...one day at a time. It just gets harder as time goes on and it gradually gets even worse.

Alan......I agree. I thought things were bad when this started, but since it's chronic and progressive....it can be a little depressing at times. Especially when you go through a few "bad" days. I just can't help wishing I had a little more function. I'm blessed and am incomplete, but the pain levels can take away the ability to enjoy it. Seems like there are more bad days than good and so far complaining at the pain clinic isn't doing me any good. My family wants me to change clinics. I hate the thought of starting over......

Comment

My tinglingl, burning, stabbing neurogenic pain is increadibly bad today. Pain is terribly isolating because though they might try, people who haven't had spinal cord injuries can't relate or are in some cases are pretty much indifferent.
                          I really feel desperate to find some way to lessen the seemingly endless, daily, nightly, constant pain...17 years (since my injury) is enough!!! I don't know about others but ideas like working seem like a very distant afterthought when your pain is overwhelming...
                          There seems to be no cause and effect as to why or when the pain is severe...well other than the initial injury. I think I've picked up this problem from others on this thread.
                          C4/5 incomplete, 17 years since injury

"The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” - Carlos Castaneda

"We live not alone but chained to a creature of a different kingdom: our body." - Marcel Proust

Comment

kyle - this was suggested in another thread and I found it a good read with good ideas.http://pain-topics.org/pdf/IntractablePainSurvival.pdf

Comment

I had hit the jackpot with respect to Dr.'s and PM in the beginning!!! My Physiatrist was my angel, he "got" it, (it being the SCI pain and shoulder/arm pain). He personally had a SCI, 2 cervical surgeries and a shoulder surgery. He'd also spent time consulting my long time, Orthopaedic Surgeon, and Neurosurgeon regarding my other injuries and my quirky metabolism and meds. He spent long visits explaining what the pain would become over time and told me, (unlike my current Dr.), he wouldn't let me suffer. He said, PM is about quality of life. My pain wasn't too bad then, so I didn't really get it.

A couple of years ago, just as my pain became exactly what he predicted, just as I figured out the pain he was talking about, Dr. Angel moved away! He's in East, TN now.

When the pain is bad, like today, I miss him so much.

Anyone know where I can find a doctor with a SCI, and a shoulder surgery or two would be a plus? LOL

BTW, I'm so sorry for everyone's pain... you're in my thoughts!

OP, thanks for starting this "Pity Party for Pain", it's a good place, its many posts puts in all into perspective!

T
                              Incomplete, SCI, T1-T8, w/ Arachnoid Cyst. Bilateral shoulder surgeries, 2 on the left, 3 on the right, right forearm surgery for a crushed radial nerve.

"We can always choose to perceive things differently. We can focus on what's wrong in our life, or we can focus on what's right."
                              — Marianne Williamson

Comment

Originally posted by smokymtn memories View Post
                                I know you're right Grange...one day at a time. It just gets harder as time goes on and it gradually gets even worse.

Alan......I agree. I thought things were bad when this started, but since it's chronic and progressive....it can be a little depressing at times. Especially when you go through a few "bad" days. I just can't help wishing I had a little more function. I'm blessed and am incomplete, but the pain levels can take away the ability to enjoy it. Seems like there are more bad days than good and so far complaining at the pain clinic isn't doing me any good. My family wants me to change clinics. I hate the thought of starting over......
                                Smoky, I'm so sorry you're struggling with your pain and the PMC! Been there, done that! Things changed fast in our State and us patients are being left in the dust.

The Physiatrist, I mentioned in the above post, now practices in Cookville. Last I heard, he was no longer Rx'ing PM's, however I was told he consults with his patient's PMC, making recommendations regarding their treatment plans. If he is close enough and you're interested in looking into his practice, please feel free to PM me and I'll send you his information.

BUT, if you visit him, you have to promise to hug him for me! Like I said earlier, I miss him sooooo much!!!

In the meantime, I hope you're feeling better!

T
                                Incomplete, SCI, T1-T8, w/ Arachnoid Cyst. Bilateral shoulder surgeries, 2 on the left, 3 on the right, right forearm surgery for a crushed radial nerve.

"We can always choose to perceive things differently. We can focus on what's wrong in our life, or we can focus on what's right."
                                — Marianne Williamson

Comment

Working...
                                X