Sweat on one side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rustyreeves View Post
    We've cut out my ingrown nails and cut-out the ends of my socks to set them free. I thought we'd cut them out fairly well but I guess the hooks were still in pretty bad. The sweat is easing but not 100 percent gone. On June 3, I get some custom made shoes from my local rehab. They cost me $617.00 - but if that sweat goes away it'll be worth it.
    Rusty, you must let us know. That would be worth writing a book about. Wise.

Comment

Originally posted by sesau1 View Post
      Please what is AD. All I can think of is Alzheimer's Disease. This is new to me and I don't know the lingo yet.
      Autonomic Dysreflexia sometimes called Autonomic Hyperdysreflexia. You can download for free a patient's guide on this at the www.pva.org site. You need to know what this is if your injury is in the T5-7 or above range. Basically your blood pressure goes soaring and your heartbeat goes down and can quickly cause a stroke or worse if the cause is not found. Sweating on one side only or above the level of injury are also signs as is headache.
      Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

i experience the exact same sweating issue everyday! i find it helpful bc it keeps me aware of any problems i cant actually feel. if im sleeping on my right side and begin sweating on my left...i know my right side needs some relief, so i get rolled and within mins the sweating stops. as soon as i sweat im able to figure out where to check depending on how im sweating.

be happy you can sense something is wrong and fix it before the problem gets out of your control!

Comment

Toenails, bladder, bowels and tailbones do it for me.

Rusty, why don't they just do the simple ingrown toenail surgery on you? They tell me it's easy-peasy...then refuse to do it b/c I can't hold my leg still. I'm saying tie it down or get me a new podiatrist, at this point.
          Blog:
          Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Originally posted by Lorrie View Post
            It's a form of AD. You are likely in pain on your left. Check your left side for any redness or breakdowns, too tight shoes, clothing, cushion too low....It's a warning.
            I agree with Lorrie.

Comment

Originally posted by betheny View Post
              Toenails, bladder, bowels and tailbones do it for me.

Rusty, why don't they just do the simple ingrown toenail surgery on you? They tell me it's easy-peasy...then refuse to do it b/c I can't hold my leg still. I'm saying tie it down or get me a new podiatrist, at this point.
              The sweating has now trailed off to zero. I went a year ago and requested my big toe nails be removed but the guy woudn't do it. Maybe, I need to find a new guy.

Thank you all,
              Rusty
              www.rustyreeves.com

Comment

There's a procedure.

1. Inject big toe twice, numbs it completely.

2. Cut the side off the toenail, clear down to nail bed.

3. At the now empty nailbed, a drop of chemicals cauterizes the root so it doesn't grow back.

Podiatrist told me kids get it done and are out playing b-ball the next day.

He's worried about injecting me. Then says it may not work, my pain may be all neuropathic. Says he's seen much worse.

But I soak it for 2 or 3 hours and do home surgery at LEAST once a week. Otherwise it's a swollen, excruciating mess of toe, nail and oozing pus.

I'm tired of performing painful surgery on myself w/ my left hand!

My friend Jill was watching, kind of blowing me off, when I got it pried out once. I'm like "Got it! Now if I had another hand to clip it with!" She said wait, I wanna see what the big deal is.

Came over and goes Owww! Holy shit! I didn't know ingrown means it GROWS IN!!!

A piece of toenail 1/2" in your toe is no diff than a roofing nail put there w/ a hammer. I bet that podiatrist would pay attention if I hammered a nail 1/2" into his toe, and the only way to get it out was to pry it sideways w. my left hand...
                Blog:
                Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Working...
                X