Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Pain Doctor in WA state Raided, I am without my meds! Help!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you mean me, I only put forth my own opinion - I let your posts speak to yours. I suspect though, that part of your above post was to the other poster, not myself.
    Last edited by TAM63; 11 Jan 2010, 3:08 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

TAM63,
      People were burned at the stake with "good intentions." Hitler felt he had "good intentions." So did Lenin and Stalin and Mao.

Comment

Meg, you sound so angry... I am sorry you do. But I also do not believe you have done justice to your cause by personally attacking me or anyone else.. TAM, Thanks :-)
        Last edited by med100; 13 Jan 2010, 7:50 PM.

Comment

med100, I believe I have done my cause justice - to expose the truth. You post with a lack of knowledge. You think you have been in terrible chronic pain, but you have not. If you had or were, you would NEVER posted the kind of statements you have made. In doing so, you help perpetuate the myth that pain patients typically get addicted to opiates, don't need them as much as they think they do, and aren't deserving of them. Many people think it is noble and grand for someone to live in suffering, but it is not. Anyone who thinks that it is Ok to deny pain patients medication that is effective for their medical condition know little about what they are talking about, and would, at first glance, seem to have at a sadistic streak. I would suggest that you raise your pulpit a little higher, maybe much higher. Then, you will need to raise your gaze far much less when you speak to other people.

Tam, I was never referring to you, at all.

Comment

I understand Meg, that you weren't referring to me.

But while I sometimes disagree, at least somewhat, with MED100 - we discuss it. It's very hard to accurately judge someone by typed words on the internet - and I don't think we get too far with angry words. But that's just me.

You do also make some excellent points I believe - about the plight of chronic pain patients, and how some others (not saying MED100 here) view those patients, and their need for medication. I do understand your anger, at that injustice.

Comment

Meg, Hitler? Really??
              Last edited by med100; 11 Jan 2010, 7:33 PM.

Comment

really?
                Last edited by med100; 11 Jan 2010, 7:33 PM.

Comment

hmmmm....
                  Last edited by med100; 11 Jan 2010, 7:35 PM.

Comment

All over the board tonight and when I saw new posts in this thread thought I'd read a bit...Don't know if you realized it or not megghegg but the post is a year old...and many posts were from lots of new people who failed as you did, to fill out their profile...interesting, huh...just wanting to find a doc to get some pain meds...no one mentioned why they hurt...only wanting to know how to go about getting drugs...this is a spinal cord injury forum...and there are many who post to educate and share what has worked, and their experiences...
                    We have a rule here megghegg...no personal attacks...and you broke that one big time
                    med100...consider where it came from....a drug seeker!

Comment

MMM - you beat me to it.
                      People, let's not critcize other care cure forum members. If you are criticized, consider letting it go with the hopes of steering the discussion to stay on topic. Thank you.

Comment

What I think is really needed is a forum where people can post without being accused of being drug addicts. I noticed early in the postings that anyone who talks about their difficulties in trying to obtain medication for a pain condition is quickly labeled a drug user, addict, trying to obtain drugs, etc. It's ironic that the same problem that affects pain patients in everyday life is so presciently alive right here in what is supposed to be a place of refuge. It is hidden behind words in long pretty soliloquies, and just behind big smiles. Not that I am religious, but you are like the scribes and money changes that were written about in the Bible.

Comment

Bullshit. Nobody accused anyone of anything of the sort in any early posts in this thread. The only discord that was sown began today, when you started posting. I suggest you read back from the beginning and relax a little bit.
                          Originally posted by megghegg View Post
                          What I think is really needed is a forum where people can post without being accused of being drug addicts. I noticed early in the postings that anyone who talks about their difficulties in trying to obtain medication for a pain condition is quickly labeled a drug user, addict, trying to obtain drugs, etc. It's ironic that the same problem that affects pain patients in everyday life is so presciently alive right here in what is supposed to be a place of refuge. It is hidden behind words in long pretty soliloquies, and just behind big smiles. Not that I am religious, but you are like the scribes and money changes that were written about in the Bible.
                          Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
                          Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

rdf,
                            Opps, lol, that must have been a different thread. BUT... as for this thread, if you didn't notice the insinuations, it's because you don't understand what you read. It's right there between the words that state the physician's that take the upfront fee are peddling dope. What does that make those in Washington who go to them? And if you still don't get it, look at little harder because it is spelled more clearly in black and white. 1/21/09 4:05AM, 5/2/09 12:39PM. And if you STILL don't get it, look at the posting by madmaddmother, with maddmother slinging the term "drug seeker," and aarndog agreeing. "Drug seeker...??? How low can a person post? They unfortunately underscore the point.

Comment

megghegg,
                              Why are you so angry? We have no information about what type of SCI you have and you have made 7 posts and have come out from your corner fighting mad, slinging fists at people figuratively. I think you are continuing to insult people, many people. For example, why would you say to mr. rdf that he doesn't understand what he reads? How do you know what he has read and what he understands?
                              Are you currently withdrawing from narcotics and having difficulty? That may be an explanation for your belligerence and combativeness. If that is the case, my heart goes out to you as does many others here, including mr. rdf. We've 'been there, done that' and know how difficult that must be....
                              arndog

Comment

megghegg...no personal attacks...hope you get your fix soon....

Comment

Working...
                                X