Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pain and your attitude

pain and your attitude.
    what do you do when your pain level is at a high level?
    cry?
    curse?
    laugh?
    unconcerened?

Laugh typically.
    Rick Brauer or just call me - Mr B

http://www.riseadventures.org

Comment

Take pain meds and try to distract myself.

Comment

Beat my dog mercilessly then shove dirty knitting needles into my side where my neuropathic pain refers to. If that doesn't help then I come here and write some tripe.

Hey Adi, how's your New Years resolution treatin' ya?

Bob.
        "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Comment

I distands myself from the pain, like I am going out of it. And I try to get somebody to visit me or take a call so I can talk to somebody of other things. I don't read or write on CC then.

But since I started with clonazepam in 2000, I have pain seldom. But I had terrible pain before that. Strange, in some way I have forgotten how bad it was for 20 years. But I remember the pain when I get it back.
          TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Mind over matter. Along with the pain meds. Nothing will ever completely take away the pain. You take what meds you can, and deal with the rest.
            Live Every Day Like It's Your Last!

C3-C4 and T12-L1 since July 1988

Comment

Originally posted by bob clark View Post

Bob.
              My thoughts exactly!
              Tough Times Don't Last...Tough People Do!

Comment

Originally posted by bob clark View Post
                Beat my dog mercilessly then shove dirty knitting needles into my side where my neuropathic pain refers to. If that doesn't help then I come here and write some tripe.

Bob.
                LOL bob ....damn pain and weather ...i scared my cat yesterday ...i hee hawed as a lion .

Comment

Deal with it
                  Dave
                  C5/C6 complete
                  http://www.davegrotzinger.com
                  http://www.daves-webdesign.com

"I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me guaranteed..." - Eddie Vedder

Comment

Cried in the begininng when it was so severe and had no answers.

Nowdays, kind of laugh about it. But like woman from Europe, I do pretty much what she does. And, yep, Clonazepam has helped me dramatically. It is rather odd, sometimes I think I have just grown used to the pain. Either that or distractions really work.

Comment

You know....I can't help but wonder what it would feel like to not have pain, even if it's only for a couple of hours. How awesome would that feel? I have truly forgotten what it feels like to not hurt. It's been 20 years, and to have just 1 day with no pain. Oh well, whatta you do? That's life!

Comment

Originally posted by JerseyGirl View Post
                        You know....I can't help but wonder what it would feel like to not have pain, even if it's only for a couple of hours. How awesome would that feel? I have truly forgotten what it feels like to not hurt. It's been 20 years, and to have just 1 day with no pain. Oh well, whatta you do? That's life!
                        You're not alone. I know of people with all-over central pain who have no normal touch sensation anywhere on their body and literally can't remember what it feels like.

Comment

With the risk of sounding selfish, I'm glad I'm not alone. It's a very difficult thing to deal with, and most people don't understand it. That's probably the most frustrating thing of all.

Comment

Originally posted by JerseyGirl View Post
                            I could have written that, I so agree with you and feel the same way...
                            jon

Comment

Depending on where it's at and what kind oxycodone, ultram [new to me], lidoderm or capsacian patches. And distraction like playing with my dog or calling a friend or going outside if it's nice. Bitching about it doesn't make it go away and when you concentrate on it I think your brain kind of hardwires it in place after awhile.
                              Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

Working...
                              X