Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What has notably reduced y o u r nerve pain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fubar
    It is available in Canada but it REALLY expensive! I had my doctor give me a prescription to try it and when I took it to the pharmacist and she told me it was $625 for about a months worth but I don't remember the quantity. Either way I can't afford that steep price. I'm sticking to with the green stuff.

That's a crazy price! Maybe, once it is through all the trial stages and goes into full production for worldwide consumption, the price will come right down.

Comment

Originally posted by carbar
      That's a crazy price! Maybe, once it is through all the trial stages and goes into full production for worldwide consumption, the price will come right down.
      I'm pretty sure its past trial phase. I was at the compassion center and was talking to the guys there and they told me the reason Sativex is so high is there is only 2 companies that they know of that make cannabis medical products. The company that makes Sativex has a patent for their extraction method. I was told they use a Carbon Dioxide-type of extraction. I haven't googled this but I hope more companies are allowed to make these types of products so we can afford the necessary medicinal products to live with less pain.

Comment

Originally posted by Regine
        My nerve pain has gotten so bad lately that I don't know what to do any more. I thought if I get your input what has really helped you I could get some ideas where to turn next. Most things you all write about are a "maybe" or "taking the edge of". I mean, please write about things that brought a breakthrough for you, getting you your life back instead of being tortured by pain all the time. It could be anything from medication to meditation, from surgery to energy work. I am curious...
        I understand your frustration.....some days I feel like I'm going to lose my mind (what's left of it) because the pain just won't let up. The best I can do is tell you what I use to have less horrible days.

I think it's good to hit it from a variety of angles. I have nerve pain, muscle pain and spasms, and arthritic pain from severe, multi-level degenerative disc disease. For arthritic-like pain, I use Ultram as needed. For nerve pain, I use Neurontin (Gabapentin) 600mgs twice/day. I'm "supposed" to take 1800 mgs/day, but Neurontin makes me stupid and I take just enough to "take the edge off" for the sake of preserving a little bit of meaningful brain function For muscle pain and spasms, I take either Flexeril or Zanaflex at bedtime so that I can get a decent night's sleep.

Swimming sometimes helps--especially with the arthritic pain--and I also have a TENS unit which I can't say enough good things about. I'm actually hooked up right now. Today has been a particularly bad pain day.

Also, I don't want to hijack the thread, but for those of you who use medicinal marajuana, do you know if there are legal ways to get this in the USA? If so, who would I need to talk to--I live on the East Coast, so the clinics in CA would not be an option for me? I'm willing to try almost anything at this point. I've lived with this for 15 months now (I know that's nothing compared to many of you) but I'm already weary of dealing with the pain. Thanks. (Feel free to PM me, so that we don't hijack the thread).
        "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

Comment

Thanks Danine, for your kind words. I don't think you are hijacking the thread, because marijuana seems to help so many. I know that it's impossible to get Sativex in Germany. A friend of mine might make the tincture (unfortunately I don't smoke) for me. I am experimenting with energy healing (Barbara Ann Brennan method), because it was mentioned in the book "Alternative Medicine and Spinal Cord Injury" as possibly helpful for sci-connected pain. It's too early to say something, but I have a good feeling about it.

Comment

I hope it helps, Regine. Keep us updated.

Comment

Originally posted by Danine
              I think it's good to hit it from a variety of angles. I have nerve pain, muscle pain and spasms, and arthritic pain from severe, multi-level degenerative disc disease. For arthritic-like pain, I use Ultram as needed. For nerve pain, I use Neurontin (Gabapentin) 600mgs twice/day. I'm "supposed" to take 1800 mgs/day, but Neurontin makes me stupid and I take just enough to "take the edge off" for the sake of preserving a little bit of meaningful brain function For muscle pain and spasms, I take either Flexeril or Zanaflex at bedtime so that I can get a decent night's sleep.
              I agree, I just hated the extended hours of brain numbness neurontin gave me, I slowly ramped down and switched to topamax right at bedtime and excercise in the morning, with 'the pot' in the late late evenings to ease the burn when I just can't block it out anymore.
              Swimming sometimes helps--especially with the arthritic pain--and I also have a TENS unit which I can't say enough good things about. I'm actually hooked up right now. Today has been a particularly bad pain day.
              swimming was excellent for joint pain and achiness, I wish I could do it more often but I found that there was so much setup for so little pool time.
              Also, I don't want to hijack the thread, but for those of you who use medicinal marajuana, do you know if there are legal ways to get this in the USA? If so, who would I need to talk to--I live on the East Coast, so the clinics in CA would not be an option for me? I'm willing to try almost anything at this point. I've lived with this for 15 months now (I know that's nothing compared to many of you) but I'm already weary of dealing with the pain. Thanks. (Feel free to PM me, so that we don't hijack the thread).
              nope, no legal ways outside of the clubs that I know of, other than the clubs, and it sucks, I know!
              An administrator made me remove my signature.

Comment

Originally posted by feisty
                nope, no legal ways outside of the clubs that I know of, other than the clubs, and it sucks, I know!
                Found this website. Thought others might be interested.

http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/v...resourceID=881

Comment

Originally posted by Danine

I don't know if it legal but when I was in British Columbia this summer I went to a compassion center and there I learned of a Compassion Center in Washington. I can get you details, I just have to look around for the paper. All we need is to get these huge pharmaceutical companies to not bitch if Marijuana was legal for medicinal purposes. I've tried Morphine, Hydromorph Contin, Oxy Contin, Oxy Codone, Fentynol, Flexeril, Lorazepam, Lyrica, and a few others and Nothing works as well as Marijauana. At least in the sense that I am able to function during the day without wanting to veg infront of the tv. You have to know which strain of Marijuana to smoke during the day and which to smoke at night. Sativa during the day and Indica at night.

Comment

Working...
                  X