No announcement yet.

im starting all over again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, I just read this entire thread for the first time. I guess it started before I joined CC, but I have a couple of comments to make. I guess I smell a rat too. One can't be both simultaneously desperate for help and then throw out lines like "too busy." Who Blonco is (or isn't) feels almost secondary to how moved I am by the amount of effort that the CC community put into trying to help him, including going to Shriner's to visit him in person. Just want to say you are all terrific, and if he is an imposter, well, I guess on some levels that means he is in deeper trouble than we are!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkshel
      So are we saying this "Blonco" is an imposter? I am disturbed at this. I actually got very emotional while reading about it. I need to know....what say you?
      I am afraid so. I think the poor spelling was an attempt to look young? Search the site for "KatieG" to find another example.

Like Darrel said, it is a shame when people waste their time responding to imposters, only to no longer want to bother later, for people who really need help.
      T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Just want to clarify the last sentence of my last post when I said that if he is an imposter he is in "deeper trouble than we are!" What I meant was that he was more disabled than we will ever be......but in his case from the neck UP.

Comment

Originally posted by sjean423
          I am afraid so. I think the poor spelling was an attempt to look young? Search the site for "KatieG" to find another example.

Like Darrel said, it is a shame when people waste their time responding to imposters, only to no longer want to bother later, for people who really need help.
          Don't worry I won't let one ignorant ass make me un responsive to others that I may be able to help...Hopefully he will meet Karma one day soon.
          C 6 & 7 Since 9/03

Comment

Two points that make me really question this person- 1) They report they have sustained a C5-6 injury and are now in a Halo. In my experience as a therapist on inpatient rehab at a model system center is that the Halo is a device utilized in the highest of injuries- C1-3. And that below this a minerva, miami j is the orthotic of choice. Ultimately there are exceptions to the rules, but I have yet to see otherwise in the past couple several years.

2) The second issue is that he reported getting the Halo off approximately 2 months after the injury. Again, if one is in a Halo, they are typically on for approximately three months. The timeline is based upon the amount of time the body needs in order to heal the bones involved.

I believe protocol to be fairly similar throughout the country, although I think Halos are still more prevalent on the East Coast.

I reserve judgement at this point- however the deets and the actions of this person don't quite match up. If I am in error in my suspicion I apologze. If I am correct with what my gut is telling me, then this person is a pathetic, lost soul.

Pam

Comment

Originally posted by SCIOT
              Two points that make me really question this person- 1) They report they have sustained a C5-6 injury and are now in a Halo. In my experience as a therapist on inpatient rehab at a model system center is that the Halo is a device utilized in the highest of injuries- C1-3. And that below this a minerva, miami j is the orthotic of choice. Ultimately there are exceptions to the rules, but I have yet to see otherwise in the past couple several years.

2) The second issue is that he reported getting the Halo off approximately 2 months after the injury. Again, if one is in a Halo, they are typically on for approximately three months. The timeline is based upon the amount of time the body needs in order to heal the bones involved.

I believe protocol to be fairly similar throughout the country, although I think Halos are still more prevalent on the East Coast.

I reserve judgement at this point- however the deets and the actions of this person don't quite match up. If I am in error in my suspicion I apologze. If I am correct with what my gut is telling me, then this person is a pathetic, lost soul.

Pam
              It may be different in the US but I had a halo at C5/6 - so did several CC members according to previous threads.

Mine was on for 7 weeks.
              C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Comment

That may be your practice in Seattle, but we often have patients come to us in halos and transition them to a Philly or Aspen collar at 2 months as this hold their rehab back much less. we see halos used in all levels of injury in the cervical spine, although certainly much less than we used to.

My skepticism has much more to do with his reportedly being at Shriners' yet a member who regularly volunteers there could not find him when trying to make a friendly visit.

(KLD)
                The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

i'm with rhino on this..i am c-5, halo for 6-7 weeks

Comment

curious... why does this thread have a 5-star rating?

Comment

Originally posted by mimin
                      I wondered that about a hotel we were using, when we moved the bed to get the blocks under we found a used condom!

Comment

Originally posted by mimin
                        Not sure considering the OP is an imposter ..... he has popped back again.

/forum/showpost.php?p=844466&postcount=4
                        T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Timaru
                          I wondered that about a hotel we were using, when we moved the bed to get the blocks under we found a used condom!
                          lol, you always make me laugh

Comment

I've just seen this thread for the first time today, and have read all the posts. It's too bad about 'Blonco', but it reinforces what I've known about the largest part of the CCC membership for quite sometime now; folks here have heart and will reach out with support and understanding first, and ask questions second. Even though I don't have many posts under my belt that's one of the reasons I decided to join the CC community.

Goood goin everone. Yer gould peeple.

"When it comes to a choice between two evils, I will always choose the one I haven't tried before." - Mae West

Comment

Blonco, i have just recently joined this forum. Everyone in the cc community seem to have wonderful positive energy and are very helpful. my prayers and thoughts will be with you while you learn to move forward from this new injury.

Comment

The point of this thread is that we have a high suspicion for "Blonco" being an imposter and faker, probably a bored teen who is jerking everyone here around (or at least trying to).

(KLD)
                                The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
                                X