Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent Accident to My Son

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I'm in Baltimore for the week with Brian and Ann. Brian's roommate moved in last Friday. Ann and I had planned to back away but be in the general area in case there were problems. Well there were problems. The incision where Brian had the baclofin pump implanted split open. On Tuesday Brian had an appointment with the surgeon. The surgeon decided that Brian needed immediate surgery to avoid a possible infection. So on Wednesday afternoon the surgeon operated and replaced the baclofin pump with a new sterile pump. Brian returned home on Thursday and is recovering from the surgery. The good news is that the surgeon didn't see any signs of infection and the samples sent to the lab did not reveal any infection. Brian is now taking a very potent antibiotic now.
    This is a set back and I’m not happy with how the surgeon and his staff have handled it. Brian had the surgery scheduled for the end of May right after school ended. At the last minute the surgeon decided to go out of town and delayed the surgery until July. My second complaint is when Brian called the surgeon to tell him that the incision had split open the surgeon was out of town again. The doctor covering for the surgeon didn’t act concerned and told Brian to some in for his scheduled visit two weeks later. Because of these delays Brian is now going through all of this during school instead of having everything taken care of before school started.
    Ann is going to stay in Baltimore with Brian until he recovers from the surgery. She’ll stay at the condo with Brian and Brian’s roommate. I fly back to Phoenix on Monday morning.

    Roger

    Comment


      thank you for sharing and I hope the best for Brian and your family

      Comment


        Roger, my sympathies on the seemingly never-ending setbacks. SCI is the gift that keeps on giving. It does get better. Just keep being the strong advocate you obviously are. And good luck to Brian at school.

        Comment


          Brian is feeling OK and he's using the long weekend to catch up on his school work. There first test is next Wednesday.

          He called this morning to tell me that he received a letter from the Gore Foundation notifying him that he has been awarded a $15,000 scholarship. He received this same scholarship last year. This was really good news.

          We're still waiting to hear back from Bank of America concerning our latest offer to purchase the condo. It's just unbelievable. Our Realtor sends emails and leaves voice messages but no one responds. I've concluded that these banks are in financial trouble because they're poorly run. They have a standard voice message, " Your call is important to us leave a message and I will return your call within 24 hours". The problem is that in spite of their message they don't return calls and they never pick the phone up with you call them. I don't even know for sure if anyone actually works at the BofA office that I'm calling.

          Roger

          Comment


            Bank of America is one of the worse companies to do business with IMO.

            Art
            Art

            Comment


              I've been saying for sometime that the Bank of America short sale department is totally incompetent but this has only been my opinion. Today my conclusion has been verified. For the first time the BofA Negotiator answered her telephone when our Realtor called. The Realtor and I have been calling the BofA Short Sale Negotiators for three months and this was the first time that any BofA Short Sale Negotiator has ever answered their telephone.

              For the last two weeks the BofA Internet website has said that BofA was waiting for a property evaluation. Our Realtor asked the BofA Short Sale Negotiator, Marian, for an update on the status of our offer. Marian looked at the file and said that they had the appraisal and now they were waiting for the property owner to submit financial information to justify the Short Sale.

              Prior to today no one from BofA had requested that the property owner submit this information. Our Realtor asked Marian when she was planning on telling someone that she was waiting for this information to be submitted. There was no reply. Marian then said that BofA is waiting on for the owner to submit financial information if you want this transaction to proceed you need to have the owner submit the required financial information.

              This is just unbelievable. We haven't been able to contact the BofA Short Sale Negotiator and they don't post on the BofA website what they need to complete the transaction. Marian said that she is working on 100 Short Sale files which is obviously way too many for her to possibly handle.

              What makes me mad is that because of BofA Brian is going to lose the $8,000 First Time Home Buyers Credit if we're ever able to complete this transaction. It has been over a year since we made the initial offer.

              Roger

              Comment


                What an unbelievably incompetent company, but on the other hand, prices have probably dropped more than the $8000 credit.
                Last edited by Kari in Pacific NW; 7 Sep 2010, 10:06 PM. Reason: spelling

                Comment


                  Kari

                  You're right about the price dropping. Our original offer of $350,000 was made in July 2009. We didn't hear anything from BofA until Feb 2010. That's when BofA did an appraisal but wouldn't tell me what the condo appraised for so I had my own appraisal done. Our appraisal valued the condo at $275,000. Based on that appraisal in Feb we made a new offer of $265,000.

                  What's unbelievable is that it's now Sept and we're still trying to get this deal done. BofA has appraised the condo three times since Feb 2010 and I have had one appraisal done.

                  You shouldn't be misled by the prices, this condo is nice but it's not a palace. If it wasn't for the location this would be nice a $150,000 condo. In 2007 these condo's sold for $517,000 which was totally nuts. The reason that we're being to persistent about buying this place is:

                  1. Accessible building
                  2. Indoor parking
                  3. 24 hour security
                  4. Two miles from the Hopkins medical school
                  5. Across the street from Safeway Super Market and restaurants

                  Roger

                  Comment


                    Things are not going well today. Brian has a large pressure sore. Ann was suppose to come home tomorrow but that will not happen until the pressure sore is healed. Ann put Duoderm on the sore and she will make an appointment for Brian to see his doctor hopefully tomorrow.

                    All of our efforts to purchase the condo from BofA don't seem to be going anywhere. Last week after several months of calling our Realtor finally talked to the BofA Negotiator. The Negotiator told our Realtor that they needed to talk to the condo owner and get updated financial information to justify the Short Sale. On Friday I found out that the condo owner was not going to call BofA because she filed for bankruptcy and she was now represented by a Lawyer. In addition her property is under the control of a Trustee. I found the Lawyers name on an email so I Googled his name, got his telephone number and called him. He called me back Friday afternoon and told me that I needed to talk to the Trustee because the Trustee now controls all of condo owners assets. I called the Trustee and left message. I'm hoping that he'll call me back on Monday. It feels like this whole transaction is out of control.

                    Roger
                    Last edited by Roger; 12 Sep 2010, 11:37 PM.

                    Comment


                      Hoping that Brian's sore heals quickly and that BOA gets off their proverbial a** and makes the condo purchase possible for you. This really sucks.

                      Comment


                        The Duorderm is working, the pressure sore is getting smaller. Last week the doctor at KKI gave Brian a referral for an appointment at the wound clinic but Brian wasn't able to get an appointment until sometime this week. Thankfully it looks like the pressure sore is healing.

                        The condo purchase continues the same nightmare. The owner has filed for bankruptcy and has not called BofA to provide the financial hardship information that they require. I've called the owners bankruptcy lawyer several times and left messages but the lawyer doesn't return my calls. This must be a very small law office because the answering service says that there is no one else in the office who takes calls for the lawyer. Our Realtor says that he's never seen anything like this during his 30 years in real estate. The bottom line is no progress on buying the condo.

                        Roger

                        Comment


                          There is a community action group that will assist the landlord with B of A. My neighbor got an answer in 3 weeks after 9+ months.
                          Just a suggestion for the landlord. The community action group does all the work and B of A is mandated to respond
                          Every day I wake up is a good one

                          Comment


                            Hi Cheesecake

                            It seems like BofA is willing to do this short sale but the property owner must provide current financial information to show financial hardship. Obviously since the owner has filed for bankruptcy there is severe financial hardship but the owner will not call BofA and provide the documentation that they require. The owner will not return emails and the bankruptcy attorney will not respond to telephone messages or emails very frustrating.

                            We have a scare going on, Brian has an area of redness at the incision where the Baclofen pump was implanted. This could be very serious. Ann called the surgeon's office to get an appointment. An infection could mean removing the Baclofen pump and doing the Baclofen pump procedure for the third time.

                            Roger
                            Roger

                            Comment


                              Hi Roger,
                              I so hope the area of redness isn't as dire as feared. I also hope the owner gets the financial paperwork into BOA. Stalling probably, but still you would think that eventually the bank would just sell it no matter how badly the owner drags his heels.

                              Comment


                                i just got out of my rehab and idk if your willing to go to texas or not but Baylor Institue for Rehabilitation in dallas was amazing for me its the best facility i could have ever imagined in so many ways, they have the best staff and best programs, they take you in as family and treat you as such, i loved everyday there and saw so many great things happen everyday there

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X