Recent Accident to My Son

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Roger,
    Seems like all flights from DC to Boston were put on hold because of the massive snowstorm. Sorry they didn't make it out, but they are fortunate to be re-booked for Monday. I have a friend who was supposed to leave Boston yesterday and the best they could do for her was another flight on the 23 rd! Wishing you all a wonderful holiday season.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
      Brian and my wife didn't get out of Baltimore on Saturday morning. The 9:00AM flight from Baltimore to Phoenix was canceled. They now have a ticket on the 6:30PM Monday flight. Too bad the storm wasn't one day later. Roger
      When I got up in the morning, I knew there flight would be cancelled. Thought of Brian right away.

It bites here but at least the high winds stopped. Glad they can fly out safely tomorrow. Enjoy your Christmas gathering together. Please give Brian my best.
      Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

Brian and my wife arrived in Phoenix from Baltimore last night at 10:30pm. They were delayed two days by the snow storm but that was really no big deal. It gave Brian two days to rest up. My wife is out chasing around today getting ready for Christmas.

I keep watching for posts on Carecure from Dr. Davies. I sure wish that he would post something on his progress.

Roger

Comment

Yay! Glad to know you are all together for the holiday's!! Enjoy

Comment

Brian and my wife returned to Baltimore last Sunday morning and my daugher drove back to California. I know that Brian and Ann were not looking forward to the cold weather in Baltimore. The next few weeks at school will be relatively easy for Brian, they're studying Immunology. Last year Brian took an online Immunology class from UC Berkeley. Brian looked at the class notes and knows that this will be a review of what he already knows.

We had some bad news yesterday. My wife has to return to Phoenix in 10 days for surgery. She had a test done while she was home at Christmas and our doctor wants her to have surgery right away. My daughter is going to Baltimore while my wife is back in Phoenix. The doctor told my wife that they have caught this early and she should be fine after the surgery. We're lucky that my daughter is able to fill in for Ann while she's back in Phoenix. I would go to Baltimore and be with Brian but as my wife points out someone has to make the money. Hopefully Ann's recovery will be quick.

Roger

Comment

Hi Roger,
              Sorry to hear that your wife has to have surgery, but glad that they caught it early. Ahh, yes, the cold........I would practically sell my soul for sight of a palm tree right about now......

Comment

Brian has been studying for an Immunology test tomorrow. The way that the Hopkins curriculum is setup is: they study a particular subject for approximately two weeks then there's a test on that subject. Brian has adapted how he studies as a result of his injury. He doesn't go to the live lectures because he can't take notes. Instead he watches the lectures on the Internet. All of the Hopkins lectures are posted on the Internet right after the lecture concludes. Brian watches the lecture on the Internet so that when he wants to make a note he can stop the Internet lecture playback and make a note using the voice recognition software Dragon Naturally Speaking. This voice recognition software creates a text file of his notes. This takes the place of his hand written notes. It takes Brian about two hours to watch and summarize a one hour lecture. Once he does this then before the test he reviews his notes. Thank goodness for the Internet.

When Brian starts studying for a test he gets into a groove and can work long hours. An all nighter for him is almost normal before a test. He has done this all through college. I can remember one time during finals week he went without sleep for days studying for an accounting final and then a biochem final that he had to take two hours after the accounting final.

The condo that Brian and my wife are living in was suppose to be sold at an auctioned on the Baltimore Court House steps today at 11:20 AM again. We went through this same thing last month. A week ago I just happened to look at the auctioneer's web site and saw that the condo auction had been rescheduled for Jan 14 at 11:20 AM we didn't received any notification that the auction had been rescheduled. This morning at 9:00 AM EST I checked the auctioneer's web site and saw that the condo had been removed from the list of properties to be auctioned today. I called my wife and told her that condo had been removed from the list and that she didn't need to go to the Court House. This is the second time that just hours before the auction the condo was pulled from the auction.

We made an offer to purchase this condo last July but we're still waiting to hear back from the Bank or the owner. The Baltimore Real Estate market is a mess. No one knows what the properties are really worth because there are no COMPS, nothing is selling.

Roger

Comment

It's interesting to hear about how Brian has adapted his studying. I don't know how he manages those all nighters! Your family provides great support for him.

Comment

Brian is spending the day today working in a doctors office at Johns Hopkins. Brian was very pleased when they told him that he would be working with one of the senior and most respected doctors at Hopkins.

On Sunday my wife and daughter made the switch. Christine flew from California to Baltimore and Ann flew from Baltimore to Phoenix. Everything went smoothly. Yesterday, Ann met with the surgeon and arranged to have the surgery done tomorrow. The recovery time after the surgery is about two weeks. If Ann needs any additional treatments after the surgery she'll have those in Baltimore. All of this makes perfect sense to me but the thing that confuses me is this morning Ann went to have her hair done. I can only conclude that having her hair done is some sort of placebo affect.

Roger

Comment

Got to look good for the hospital. lol Sending good wishes for Ann and your family. Hope everything turns out great.

All the best,
                      Mark
                      Veni.Vidi,Velcro...I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Vidi, Vici, et Veni, et Veni, et Veni...

Comment

Roger, never underestimate the healing qualities of a new hairdo! Wishing Ann a quick and uneventful surgery with fast healing.

Comment

Ann's surgery today went well. The surgeon told me he believes that all of the cancer cells were removed. Samples from two lymph nodes were tested during the surgery to verify that there were no cancer cells in the lymph nodes. Ann is sleeping comfortably after taking some pain medication.

If Ann's recovery progresses as expected she'll fly back to Baltimore on Feb 3. While Ann recovering in Phoenix our daughter Christine is in Baltimore with Brian.

Roger

Comment

Great news Roger. Glad it went well, and sending a wish for quick healing.

Comment

Good News

Roger-
                              Glad everything went well for Ann today. Now, take a deep breath and relax!
                              As an FYI, every time I have surgery, I get my hair cut in advance--makes it all the easier to deal with post-op. And yep, it does pick up your spirits a bit.
                              Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

Ann is recovering from her surgery. Yesterday she made her plane reservation to fly back to Baltimore on Feb 3.

Everything in Baltimore is going smoothly. My daughter is with Brian and takes care of most things but while Ann is recovering we had to arrange for skilled nursing care in Baltimore to come to the condo for the bowel program. Unfortunately the medical insurance only pays $15/hour and the skilled nursing, which is required, costs $115/hour. We won't known if this is covered by other sources until the Medicare claim is rejected. There are a couple of possibilities that might help out with these expenses. Brian has been contacting various agencies about these expenses.

Roger

Comment

Working...
                                X