Going Home! (finally!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going Home! (finally!!)

I am finally, after almost one year, going home tomorrow.

I didn't realize how negative I got in my last few posts in the other thread until I went back and re-read them this morning. I guess the negative feelings are still there, but things feel a bit more optimistic and hopeful this morning. So a new thread for a new beginning

But I did want to take this chance to thank EVERYBODY who offered advice, opinions, support, and personal stories to me in the various threads I have had running in new sci forum. I don't think I can express how much it has helped. I always wanted to write a personal response or thank you to every message. Unfortunately that wasn't possible. But they were all appreciated by me and a few of my family and friends who have been lurking on the boards occassionally. I don't really know what will happen from here, but I will keep everybody posted.

I was hoping there would be a smiley with a bouquet of thank you flowers with which I could end this message. No luck. So just pretend the guy with the trophy has flowers...unless you prefer trophies to flowers, that is
    Last edited by orangejello; 5 Dec 2006, 3:20 PM.

Do stay in touch.

I have found that one can appreciate one's progress so much more when they can look back and see how far they have come. These threads do that for me.
    Rick

GO FORWARD! 2 FIGHT! PARALYSIS!

Comment

That's great news! I only hope it gets better for you as you take back control on your life .. please stay in touch!
      Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Big move!!!
        Keep writing - we'll always be here for you.
        - Richard

Comment

Stay in touch OJ! Good luck!!

Comment

Best of luck!
            "I just want you to know, it was the best time ever." J.F.F.

Comment

Good luck. Keep writing. Enjoyed your journey (if enjoyed is the right word)
              C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Comment

Good luck, Amanda.
                Daniel

Comment

Good luck Amanda!! I can't wait for you to get big kisses from your pets. I look forward to hearing how the journey home went and how you are settling in. Have a safe trip!
                  "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." ~ James Dean
                  http://www.kristi-allen.com

Comment

Welcome Home!

Ah you will be welcome, to put your wheels back on good old Alberta soil Amanda, Again i say! Welcome Home!

Comment

Best wishes to you.
                      Be yourself!!!
                      http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
                      BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
                      Sponsored Athlete
                      http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
                      www.genegvd.com

Comment

Congratulations and good luck!! Can't wait to hear how things go. We'll miss you!
                        If there is light
                        it will find
                        you

--Charles Bukowski

Comment

I wish I could hug you.

I remember leaving rehab. My roommate had a c2 injury, she was on a vent. I tried to hug her with my klutzy hands and arms, where she could feel me but I wouldn't break her. I wound up kissing her on the side of the head, and probably messed up her positioning for the rest of the day.

Rehab is so intense, and the real world is so scary in these bodies. Take it one day at a time. I think you'll do great.
                          Blog:
                          Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

OH, best wishes OJ. I remember going home, I was so scared to leave, and then at the last minute I was delayed (only a few hours .... not trying to scare you) because my doctor was tied up, and I had to see him before I left. I was so mad then at the delay .... at that point I just wanted out of there!! It will be great to be home OJ.
                            T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

As I've said Amanda, have a great and safe trip home, you'll do well. Let us know how your first few days go, we'll all want to hear your stories. Congrats on getting to this point.
                              C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

Comment

Working...
                              X