No announcement yet.

Return after 2 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KLD is right, My injury was 3 years ago, in December, the last 12 months have been the best, I tried very hard in the beginning, only to get setbacks, not that they are uncommon, but it did depress me. The harder you work at it the more you are likly to see improvement. Mine is finally paying off. Don't be afraid to try, there is no magic bullet yet, and even if there is one, if you don't try to keep up, you'll never be able to accomplish, what can be done. You are not a child anymore, it is harder than you may want to think, keep your body, as best you can, it will be easier if, and, when, that time comes, who knows? Maybe you can get back alot of what seems lost. Keep on pluggin!!!

Comment

When deliberating on the value of exercise, please consider that even if you do not get to use function of additional muscles - you may get additional function of the muscles you use. End result = more function.
      Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Comment

Prof. Wheelchair Rider, I moved your post over to a separate thread on the Recovery & Exercise forum where you will get more appropriate attention and responses.

(KLD)
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps
          U ARE CORRECT...........i had return up through 5 yrs.......the harder you work out the more u get baqck.

Balls... I sweated my balls off every day in physio and got no return. I usted to walk around the gym in a frame. Swam 3 times a week too and not a thing returned

Comment

everybodys injury is different. it has more to do with how badly your spinal cord was injured than how much ya work out. think about it.

Comment

Im classed as a T6 complete when i had my injury,but now after 2yrs i have muscle movement down to T10 and and can feel little patches of sensation in different places below my injury,I can also tell where a knock is anywhere below my injury too.So if im complete how the hell can that happen. I believe anything can happen. Doctors told me basically i had no chance of any improvement,coz my back was dislocated completely in half. what a load of crap that was!
              I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past, so one way to get the most out of life is to look at it as an adventure.

Comment

Well i've been hitting the gym quite significantly lately. it's been about 3 weeks solid. Working out 3-4 days a week. I am getting close to my 3 year injury mark. We shall see if this theory really works. Perhaps it's the straining of electrical signals when you work out your able bodied components that seem to accidently branch off. While branching off hitting unworking neurons and bringing them back to life?

Comment

Working...
                X