No announcement yet.

Md, Va, Wv or Pa Rehab

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Md, Va, Wv or Pa Rehab

    Does any one have any good place for a C3 guad in this tristate area?

    I always recommend looking first for a SCI Model System SCI Center, and then if not available, at least one that is CARF accredited for SCI rehabilitation.

    Is this person on a ventilator? That will make a big difference in selecting an appropriate program, as not all centers are experienced or expert in this area.

    Insurance funding also can make a big difference. It is nearly impossible to get out-of-state care for someone whose only funding is Medicaid. Worker's Comp is probably the best funding.

    I assume this person is not a USA military veteran, is that correct?

    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.