Family and Spinal Cord Injury - New Article on CareCure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

article

I would truly love to read this article but every time I click on it, it shows an error.
    DavesMom, Diane

Comment

I get the error too.

Comment

Working now...but you do know that this thread is 10 years old, right????

http:///index.php?page=viewarticle&a...adjustment.htm

(KLD)
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Wise - the link to your article isn't working...I'd be interested in reading the article if you put it back up.

After a spinal cord injury relationships with family members can be both the most important and most emotionally challenging. Family are often your biggest supports, caregivers (depending on injury level) and confidants. On the other hand depending how your injury happened, if say a family member was present or in some way had a role in the accident that caused a spinal cord injury...some family members can carry a lot of feelings of guilt that is hard to resolve.

With my injury, I have all these issues and more... Anyone else have similar issues with family members surrounding their injuries?
          C4/5 incomplete, 17 years since injury

"The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” - Carlos Castaneda

"We live not alone but chained to a creature of a different kingdom: our body." - Marcel Proust

Comment

See above. It is working now.

(KLD)
            The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Yup, originally published in 2003. But a good read if you missed it or became disabled recently.

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
              Working now...but you do know that this thread is 10 years old, right????

http:///index.php?page=viewarticle&a...adjustment.htm

(KLD)

Comment

Working...
              X