No announcement yet.

Need help with huge bedsore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new flap on an infected wound/ bone- it won/t heal. She must have a wound/bone bx. and be treated with IV antibiotics that will kill the bacteria in the wound/bone-for 6 weeks, then consider a flap. She cannot lay on the flap for weeks. She needs to go to a SNF and use her LTC days. an LTAC uses acute care days which she most likely does not have many if any , left and will need for the bx./flap. When she is lying on her back she must be totally flat, the pressure is there more when she sits up. Best to turn side to side. CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

This is so sad and infuriating to read! I’m terrified of getting stuck in hospitals for this reason. I don’t understand the lack of compassion and care in these places.

Comment

• SCI-Nurse
        SCI-Nurse commented
        Editing a comment
        Much of this is driven by our broken healthcare "system" in the USA, controlled by Big Insurance. (KLD)

Originally posted by uni321 View Post
      Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.
      if you need a attorney my neighbor is rate top 100 dana brooks she is the bomb in florida google her

Comment

Working...
      X