No announcement yet.

t12 bone burst and terrified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris, your determination is evident -- keep up the positive attitude. Try to give yourself a break on the cathing thing -- we all do it and all it takes is an infection. No matter what, don't go back to that damn hospital. I am 14 months post injury after 10 months in the hospital, and the recovery has been miraculous all things considered. keep up the commitment, but give yourself a break once in a while -- this will be a long haul for both of us. I admire the men and women on this board and the messages they share.

Comment

My bladder has its moments. At times after straining initially it will flow with less effort. But mostly it is a strain and incredibly inefficient to void normally. If I'm at a bar I will piss normally every hour to stay even to avoid accidents then cath when I get home. But mostly I try to cath. Like WSP said, an infection will put you down. Not worth the risk.

I have issue when I coach and holler instructions from the sidelines. I have started to wear pads. Pretty lame but it beats the alternative which I dealt with before I broke down and admitted I needed nappies. Some times the mental BS is the toughest part.

Keep killing your recovery and take the BS in stride.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. We're just out here rollin with the punches man. The 10th I was 4mo post injury and HOLY SHIT!! Whata trip this has been. Lookin back, I can see all the obstacles and hoops I've jumped thru and well, I guess we making it.
        I'm bout to get out of this wheelchair y'all. Puting a chair in every room and I'm only gonna use the walker in the house. I gotta get up, no if ands or buts about it. Got 4 months of freaking out built up!!lol
        As far as cathing goes, I do it when I wake up and before I go to bed. Sometimes once throughout the day but I drink a lot a flush out my system daily. Consequently, I'm pissing small amounts often and its good and clear. Think I should cath more? I pay attention to my body and monitor what comes out of me and I feel this works for me. Or do think I'm asking for a uti?
        Other than that, its full speed ahead!! 4mos post injury and still not much below the knee. All I know is that I'll have what I do got ready for when those ankles do wake up. We got the light on for em...

Comment

hi chris74 my husband was recently in a car accident and had a L1 burst and is going through similar things I was wondering if you would email him and chat with him and support each other plz

Comment

I messaged you and I wouldn't mind at all chattin but if info is what ya need, I prolly won't be much help cause I'm out here just wingin it. I'm coming up on 5mos post injury, when was his accident? We can email or use the phone, I'll help any way I can. I know its hard for both of you. Trust me, i know...

Comment

Originally posted by buslover View Post
              hi chris74 my husband was recently in a car accident and had a L1 burst and is going through similar things I was wondering if you would email him and chat with him and support each other plz
              Get your husband to join our forums here and participate in discussions with others through our forums or using the PM function for private messages.

(KLD)
              The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
              X